SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2012, 09:45 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I just scrape a tiny bit off with the scissors until they turn more easily. I agree if you go up to the point where they almost fall they will just be too lose. It's just what I found works for now. I'll get back to you on this. I think there's a 3.5mm ball link tool, but I'm sure you can do the same with the video pitchp posted above and do your own thing. I just used what was in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Buzzer View Post
Since we are talking about resizing links, does anyone know of a trick to decide what is the proper tension of a link on the 250. I heard people say that the link should start to fall under its own weight but when I resized the link until it started to fall under its own weight, the link had slop in it.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; May 02, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 09:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
Just give them a squeeze with some pliers.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old May 02, 2012, 10:43 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,082 Posts
If you want a very stable heli with your flybar setup,use the cx3x1000 as its intended and hookup everything ,you'll like the difference,kinda like a coaxial heli!The benefits are many as you can tune it to suit your skill level.When you get your fbl head you only have a few things to switch to change over.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old May 02, 2012, 11:00 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
That's interesting, thanks. It looks like it can be all hooked up without the flybar, just wasn't sure how that would perform, if at all since it's not flybarless. I may try that later, I still want to try the gyro by itself for now just to make sure I got it set up well, mechanically that is. I do like that suggestion and will let you know how it goes. I'm using the defaults for now on the gyro. I may just leave this for the bigger heli though. I'm just using it on here because I don't have any other gyros for this tiny heli. At least for now. I'll check out youtube to see if I find any videos with the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
If you want a very stable heli with your flybar setup,use the cx3x1000 as its intended and hookup everything ,you'll like the difference,kinda like a coaxial heli!The benefits are many as you can tune it to suit your skill level.When you get your fbl head you only have a few things to switch to change over.
Steve
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old May 02, 2012, 11:40 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Okay, here are a few more pictures of the final setups before I crash them again. This is what I have ended up with after setting both of them up and the gyros. I just need to test them and trim them assuming no nasty things come up.
very nice efx, very nice indeed, we can't wait for the maiden hover video!!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 03, 2012, 12:28 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Thanks. They do look nice on the shelf! Here are a few pics of the flysky receivers, just for comparison. I would rather spend the money on the 8 channels but the smaller 6 channel seems to works a bit better for this size. The smallest one is just the 3 channel surface receiver. I'll have to make sure they fly before I can do a video. Gotta love the cheap receivers or I would not be doing this madness! LOL.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; May 03, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old May 03, 2012, 01:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
The 3 channel ones are great in smaller flying wings. No problems with range taking my MiniBee way out.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old May 03, 2012, 01:08 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,082 Posts
If you use the cx3x1000 you still will need the flybar and paddles with the flybar head.There is a mod you can do to the stock head but have not tryed that.I bought a Tarot fbl head for $28.Using the Cx and flybar makes if slow to respond but very stable ,so if you like to hover with accurate takeoff and landing ,slow circuits you might like it.
Steve
Old May 03, 2012, 09:37 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I just tried testing the g250 gyro and my heli just goes around so fast it's not controllable with the uprate and downrates set. I tried many different values just like on my gy48, but also noticed the gyro flashes blue after trying to fly. I unplug the battery and replug it, it turns solid blue in uprate, then after a few turns it keeps blinking and the heli either turns right or left so fast it's not funny. So even when I try to adjust it to keep it straight I still get the same thing. Heck, I can't even get a hover with this gyro. Rate mode is just not working for me either. I mean I set it, but the tail just moves way too fast. I think there may be something wrong with the gyro not sure but can't fly with it. I guess I'll try to tarot and see if I get the same thing with it on the other heli.

I just tested the tarot and I get something similar but I think I got a tiny bit more control with this gyro. Unfortunately this thing is pretty fast even on 6 for rate and 13 for uprate, this is where the light actually turns from blue to red, but I'm not using this mode anyway. And one of the links just came right of (hk link), luckidly I was still trimming it on the ground, so I haven't really hover either. I'm not sure how to slow these things down any more at the moment.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; May 03, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 05:13 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,756 Posts
Uncontrolled piro usually means the gyro needs to be reversed.
(Not in the reverse menu of the transmitter, but in the gyro itself.)

With the GA250 this means using the "stick" programming. Another option would be to simply flip the gyro upside down.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old May 04, 2012, 05:49 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
concentrate on one heli first. fix up one heli then move on to the next. Otherwise it can get confusing and frustrating. That's what i found when i was building two helis at the same time.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 04, 2012, 11:15 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Oh sorry, the gyros are working in the right direction, what I meant is that the slightest move of the stick would flip that heli like a top right or left. It's working correctly and the only way I could slow that down was by shortening the end points, but I guess I need a way to slow the stick movements instead. Can't remember what you use for that.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old May 04, 2012, 11:50 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,082 Posts
Are you using the shortest servo arm hole, that will lessen mechanical gain and make it a little slower.If you use the cx3x1000 it has piro speed settings to turn down or up the speed of rudder!
Steve
Old May 04, 2012, 05:53 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,485 Posts
also if you lower your end point on your radio will help a lot.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Oh sorry, the gyros are working in the right direction, what I meant is that the slightest move of the stick would flip that heli like a top right or left. It's working correctly and the only way I could slow that down was by shortening the end points, but I guess I need a way to slow the stick movements instead. Can't remember what you use for that.
In HH mode piro rate is set by the ATVs in the radio, not the servo travel in the heli.
So if your piro rate is too high just cut back on the throws in the transmitter.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie