HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 01:24 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
The comments on the Hobbyking site say the data logging isn't working right yet,some where calling it false advertising ,I liked the idea though so maybe they can work out the bugs!
Steve
I missed that. Also interesting to know. They currently don't have any of the programmers in stock anyway, and some things on HK's site seem to be taking a long time to come back into stock again. I think the other stores are draining a lot of the international stores stock.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 02:18 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to 250 and have bought the HK250 kit with tarot fbl head,PZ-15178B 9g cyclic servo, HK922 tail servo, Turnigy 4200kv motor, Walkera V2618D FBL receiver and 30A turnigy esc the question is I'm using 2s turnigy battery will it be sufficient for soft 3d?
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old May 02, 2012, 05:15 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Hi guys I'm new to 250 and have bought the HK250 kit with tarot fbl head,PZ-15178B 9g cyclic servo, HK922 tail servo, Turnigy 4200kv motor, Walkera V2618D FBL receiver and 30A turnigy esc the question is I'm using 2s turnigy battery will it be sufficient for soft 3d?
Nope - you'll need a 3S with that motor
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old May 02, 2012, 05:23 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Motor-5600kV

Specifications:
Model: VSH2556
Heli Class: 250
kV: 5600
Stator Arms: 9
Magnet Poles: 6
No-Load Current: 3.8A
Max Continuous Current (Amps): 18/22
Max Continuous Power (Watts): 180
Weight: 30g
Outer Diameter: 28mm
Shaft Diameter: 2.5mm
Body Length: 22mm
Max LiPo Cell Count:2S
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 02, 2012, 03:53 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,988 Posts
Okay, I got a new question...what do you guys do about the tight main blade links? I took off the hk links as one was fine, but the other was a bit tight and I now know that's causing hell in controlling the cyclics. The align links are nice, but tight as heck. I have been moving them up and down to losen them up but still not there. I used sciccors to take down a bit on one of the hk links and that left it too lose, so any suggestions to get these working correctly without messing them up. I crashed earlier due to the one not working correctly and hit a wall after I fixed it with the main blades but managed to save it. I know it's the links because once I got those lose, but not too much it would work great, now I feel like I got no control and I think this gyro is really messing me up too. But I want to get the links working correctly before I even mess with the gyro as I can at least get a hover, well not much as I can't turn where I want it to go.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; May 02, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:04 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,988 Posts
After fighting these things with wiggles, hex driver through them, I'm sticking to the sciccors method. Just put the sciccors in them and turn with the edge angle not a gainst it to remove a little bit at a time. It's easier to do with the align since they're a bit harder. You may ruin the hk since they are thinner, doable, but just go slower. My receiver just came in and the one exi links which look similar to the align but I won't bother trying them now.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D Printers
Old May 02, 2012, 05:07 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,238 Posts
Jombo would say. Take a spare ball and a dremel to cut a slot in it to use as a reamer to open up the link.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build
Old May 02, 2012, 05:36 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,988 Posts
Haha...well either that or I just figured you can probably use a small round file to take off a safe amount too. In any case I'm trying to bind my new receivers to my v2 and I can't get these to bind. Any ideas. I got the bind plug on the top BAT plug as that's where that points, and esc to channel 3. I tried turning the heli on with the esc on it, the light blinks. I then tried turning on the tx with the button pressed and nothing. I turned it off and back on, then tried to press the bind buton and still nothing with two so far. I'm wordering if it will do it with just a battery directly, but of course my battery is slow, so I'm charging it now and will try that in a bit.

Oh, this is the receiver. I hope this is the one that's should also work with the 9x too.
http://www.xheli.com/79p-r6b-receiver.html
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2012, 05:41 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Okay, I got a new question...what do you guys do about the tight main blade links? I took off the hk links as one was fine, but the other was a bit tight and I now know that's causing hell in controlling the cyclics. The align links are nice, but tight as heck. I have been moving them up and down to losen them up but still not there. I used sciccors to take down a bit on one of the hk links and that left it too lose, so any suggestions to get these working correctly without messing them up. I crashed earlier due to the one not working correctly and hit a wall after I fixed it with the main blades but managed to save it. I know it's the links because once I got those lose, but not too much it would work great, now I feel like I got no control and I think this gyro is really messing me up too. But I want to get the links working correctly before I even mess with the gyro as I can at least get a hover, well not much as I can't turn where I want it to go.
Trex 250 Ball Link Sizing (1 min 50 sec)
Old May 02, 2012, 05:45 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,988 Posts
Thanks pitchp...I don't know where my balls are right now, so I used the sciccors...now I'm just trying to get the new esc to bind, but not having any luck for whatever reason. Okay good news, I got one bound to the tx. You need to put the black/brown negative wires towards the edge of the transmitter, not the inside of it, now it binds fine, then just turn on the transmitter with the bind buton pressed and you're good. Then just unplug the battery, take out the bind plug and then the transmitter, it's all back to normal after that. Whew! Nice to know I can use the smaller receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; May 02, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 07:29 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Thanks guys for the reply guess i will need to get some 3s battery and use the 2s for just flying around..
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old May 02, 2012, 07:31 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,988 Posts
Slowly but surely, they're finally coming to life. Charging batteries so I can set up the gyros. I took out the gy48 and put on the 250 I have and then I'll see if I can set up the tarot gyro too. I decided to mount everything with velcro, just added the velcro strap and they hold on just fine. Trying to move stuff with the double sided tape is a pain even though I like the hold too. I put the receivers facing down as I want to be able to plug and unplug things since I'm still crashing every now and then. The xheli 250 uses the same type of skids as the hk so that was cool. I still prefer the one piece skids, one less thing to adjust but they also break easier.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2012, 07:36 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
wow. they look really nice efx. very nice indeed.
Old May 02, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
Since we are talking about resizing links, does anyone know of a trick to decide what is the proper tension of a link on the 250. I heard people say that the link should start to fall under its own weight but when I resized the link until it started to fall under its own weight, the link had slop in it.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Last edited by Micro Buzzer; May 02, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 09:39 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,988 Posts
Okay, here are a few more pictures of the final setups before I crash them again. This is what I have ended up with after setting both of them up and the gyros. I just need to test them and trim them assuming no nasty things come up.
RCG Plus Member