HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:42 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Thanks pitchp. I just took off the parts from my spare and going back out again. I'm aware of the servos and I test them again before I go back out with them. They seem good and what can I say, I'm a revel with the heli so I have to dust myself up and just try again. About to go now will let you know how it goes.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
all the best to ya efx. let us know how you go.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:28 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Thanks, pitchp. Just what I needed for the Gaui X2. I've ordered a couple of sets.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:37 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
heya bf are you still in fiji? you must be getting some awesome weather up there. very lucky man.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I was having fun even in some wind, then I went to the other side of the park so the sun would be behind me. I took the heli up and did a 360, then the damn gyro malfunctioned and I just couldn't control it after that half way through the turn the heli sort of stopped on me and that's when I knew what it was. It was too late and the heli banked to one side and landed upside down. Broke the feathering shaft again and not sure what else, but not too much so I'm not feeling too bad. I've been having to wait too long for the gy48 gyros for whatever reason so I may need to try the 250 gyro. I'm not doing anything special so hopefully it will work, heck at least I want to try it out. Anyway, I was feeling pretty good, but damn gyro feels weird when it won't respond.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
heya bf are you still in fiji? you must be getting some awesome weather up there. very lucky man.
Hey pitchp. Got back last night. Had a great time, and yes the weather was awesome. First holiday away from home, I've had in few years, so it was much needed.

A bit of a grey day here, but I still managed to nip outside and get a couple of flights in on the Gaui X2, to ease the withdrawals. I'd just fitted some new Gaui X2 FBL blades before I left, but never got a chance to fly them, until now. The blades are heavier and seem to suit the gearing better. It flies smoother as well. Still got 5 minutes out of a 1000mah pack, so I'm pleased.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
So the gyro malfunction took out my tail boom, one servo and the feathering shaft. I guess the main shaft now has a slight, very slight bent. Hard to tell so I'm just leaving it alone for now. At least I got a chance to dremel out the tail boom holder plates so it would fit better. It was kind of forced before. I just set the tail servo to center and put everything for the rudder back at 0 to get that going again. So far I'm liking the 250, it's fun, but man I need to keep it in the air more and give the gyro more time just to be sure. If it does the same thing again I will be mad. Would a warm esc cause a problem? Just curious. It's warm but it's been working fine so far. I know it was a gyro glitch since it paused in the middle of my turn and then kept sort of doing a stop and go deal.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Apr 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:06 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
efx, you're using the detrum gyro right? the gyxx. This pilot was using the same gyro

EXI 250 with JR G270 3D Gyro (8 min 4 sec)

I'd buy the Tarot GY550 for $19 it's not bad at all.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:36 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Align Auto Pilot System

Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:05 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Yes I am using that one. It's working fine on my 450 but just did that yesterday and they're all basically new since I really haven't flown much. I just came back from the park this morning and after my two crashes yesterday I took it easy today but still notice a little hesitation on the gyro. Of course my pitch and tail had to be reset. I'm still fighting it but at least I didn't crash yet. As far as the settings I have no problem since I fly in rate mode, I set my hh mode to like 50 or 60 I think it was, but I never use it since that mode made me crash too much as I don't have much experiece and I like the tail to go back by itself for now until I get better. I'm also having weird link issues so I ordered some stuff from wowhobbies and other stuff from xheli and will probably be here in a couple of days. Probably won't get to do anything until next weekend though.

I do want to get a different gyro though so thanks for the info. I'll take a look I hope it's smaller physically too.

Quote:
efx, you're using the detrum gyro right? the gyxx. This pilot was using the same gyro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSbp...layer_embedded

I'd buy the Tarot GY550 for $19 it's not bad at all.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Apr 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:01 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Here's a video I took today. Since I had two crashes yesterday I needed to get my pitch back and I was also fighting the darn thing since it kept going to one side and well, still working on it.
HK 250GT sunday 1 (2 min 11 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:10 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Yes I am using that one. It's working fine on my 450 but just did that yesterday and they're all basically new since I really haven't flown much. I just came back from the park this morning and after my two crashes yesterday I took it easy today but still notice a little hesitation on the gyro. Of course my pitch and tail had to be reset. I'm still fighting it but at least I didn't crash yet. As far as the settings I have no problem since I fly in rate mode, I set my hh mode to like 50 or 60 I think it was, but I never use it since that mode made me crash too much as I don't have much experiece and I like the tail to go back by itself for now until I get better. I'm also having weird link issues so I ordered some stuff from wowhobbies and other stuff from xheli and will probably be here in a couple of days. Probably won't get to do anything until next weekend though.

I do want to get a different gyro though so thanks for the info. I'll take a look I hope it's smaller physically too.
http://www.hobbyrover.com/tarot-gy55...2670_p223.html
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,230 Posts
For the price I would forgo the 550 fuzzy mem for the real mem 650
http://www.hobbyrover.com/tarot-gy65...2685_p923.html
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:01 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
yeah I saw brian's videos on the 250 with that gyro it had a bounce. He even said so. I just tested the Tarot GY550 and it had no bounce on the 250. I also tested the leaderhobby on the 250 and that had a bounce. They are all real mems gyros. I think it's the firmware inside that counts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:04 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I like the Tarot GY550, i'm installing them in all my 250s