HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:05 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea the Microheli parts are made out of some soft aluminum.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2009, 01:54 PM
d3x
Joined Jan 2009
28 Posts
OK i think this will be final conf, im ordering tomorrow
HK-250GT Electric Helicopter Kit
HGD-202HB HGD digital 202 Carbon Gear BB -9. x3 for cyclic
HGD-201HB HGD digital 201 Carbon Gear BB All for tail + GY401 (or maybe GY520, dunno yet)
TR_B25A TURNIGY Basic 25A v3.1 Speed Contr
T2627-3800 Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner
E6011 E6011 Main rotor blades
T800.3S.20 Turnigy 800mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack x3
AR6110 AR6110 DSM2 Microlite 6Ch Park Flyer Receiver

I hope it will be ok and will fit without grinding/praying/hitting something with a hammer
d3x is offline Find More Posts by d3x
Old Oct 04, 2009, 02:31 PM
Trex 450 V2, Spektrum.
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Aug 2007
333 Posts
OK, Ive been watching HC since they announced all there GT helis comin out, and the metal 250 is out, and i really wanna buy it, but I gotta a 450 pro that I can fly 3d with in my front yard, so a 250 size heli is really not needed, but something interests me about 250s, and i want one!!!...SO, somebody convince me that i need a 250 heli. i need a reason to buy it!!
airsoft1779 is offline Find More Posts by airsoft1779
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:09 PM
toledo ohio
Joined Jun 2006
526 Posts
Plastic Head

I'm going to start this by saying I have 2 HK450s and they have been a lot of fun and pretty much trouble free. I've bought servos,batteries and lights from them. All good products for the price.
I built up the HK250 (plastic) this morning. Only build complaints are- only 3 balls for servos you need 4 for the build, The main shaft bushing doesn't have a step or a washer to keep it off the outer bearing race.
First spin up I got it in a hover about 4" off the ground and both blades went for flights on there own. I'll have to do a little more searching to find the one that still has the feathering shaft attached (I think) the other one I found only has half of the blade grip still on it.
I'm wondering if the 60 degree temperature may have contributed to this. It's either that or faulty parts.
I bought 2 kits I'm thinking they are going to go for parts until I can afford a metal version.

Mike
madmike43613 is offline Find More Posts by madmike43613
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:11 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft1779
OK, Ive been watching HC since they announced all there GT helis comin out, and the metal 250 is out, and i really wanna buy it, but I gotta a 450 pro that I can fly 3d with in my front yard, so a 250 size heli is really not needed, but something interests me about 250s, and i want one!!!...SO, somebody convince me that i need a 250 heli. i need a reason to buy it!!
He he

1. You have the cash
2. It uses smaller cheaper batteries
3. Winter is coming and it can be flown in smaller indoor areas
4. IF you are single get because you can
5. This is the best price you have seen yet
6. Because it is smaller it dose less damage
7. Because you want it, it is calling you I can hear it too
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:12 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,365 Posts
sounds like faulty parts to me, which I was telling everyone there would be with the feathering shaft, same thing happen on a few hk450's

60 degree weather should have no effect on the performance
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:15 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike43613
I'm going to start this by saying I have 2 HK450s and they have been a lot of fun and pretty much trouble free. I've bought servos,batteries and lights from them. All good products for the price.
I built up the HK250 (plastic) this morning. Only build complaints are- only 3 balls for servos you need 4 for the build, The main shaft bushing doesn't have a step or a washer to keep it off the outer bearing race.
First spin up I got it in a hover about 4" off the ground and both blades went for flights on there own. I'll have to do a little more searching to find the one that still has the feathering shaft attached (I think) the other one I found only has half of the blade grip still on it.
I'm wondering if the 60 degree temperature may have contributed to this. It's either that or faulty parts.
I bought 2 kits I'm thinking they are going to go for parts until I can afford a metal version.

Mike
this is a common problem on the HK450s - soft hardware coupled with a high headspeed means that the feathering bolts let go easy.

try using an align feathering shaft, order the package wich comes with the bolts, and make sure to use blue loctite.
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:18 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike43613

Mike
On the HK-450ís there was a issue with the feathering shaft NOT the plastic.
Just saying if it is the feathering shaft or cheap screws it could happen on the metal also.
Find the other blade this could hold the answer and give a heads up to others.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Oct 04, 2009, 05:40 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,049 Posts
All heli parts should be made slightly radioactive so you can search for them with a Geiger Counter at the fields
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Oct 04, 2009, 07:10 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
326 Posts
Mike,

I am 3/4 through my plastic hk250 build. Did you take the feathering shaft out and check for locktite? I did and found lots of locktite but the threads were not very deep on the feathering shaft. Maybe the screw pulls the threads out.

Were you using the listed KA400h 3500kv motor?

Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Oct 04, 2009, 07:16 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
On the HK-450ís there was a issue with the feathering shaft NOT the plastic.
Just saying if it is the feathering shaft or cheap screws it could happen on the metal also.
Find the other blade this could hold the answer and give a heads up to others.
On my HK450 build I replaced the HK feathering shaft and tail shaft with Align ones just to make sure...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:54 PM
toledo ohio
Joined Jun 2006
526 Posts
Found

Gene,
I made the mistake of just checking tightness. I didn't pull it apart.
I found the other blade and the feathering shaft (only took 2 hours). I have so much equipment and so many shelves it was a real challenge.
I think Gene might be right the threads look good except for the outer 2 or 3.
I took my other head apart from the second kit and did get a short hover. now just to dial it in. Also ordered some Align parts all of a sudden it's not so cheap
Here's a couple pictures of the damage.
And yes I am using that motor.

Mike
madmike43613 is offline Find More Posts by madmike43613
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:26 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
326 Posts
Ok Mike,

After I re-locktite'd mine I really cranked down on the screws to see if they would budge, but they did not. So, I felt fairly safe that there were enough threads holding.

Did the screw pull out of the shaft or did it break off? I cant tell from the pix.

I have no interest in 3d with this machine, just casual indoor flying in a gym. So, I will start with low HS and move up gradually. Hoping to stop before I get what you got. Like Dad always said about head bolts, stop a quarter turn before they break...

Gene
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:46 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
868 Posts
does a pinion come with these kit or do I have to start looking?
beer-man is online now Find More Posts by beer-man
Old Oct 05, 2009, 04:31 AM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
326 Posts
The base kit, at least, has a 15t pinion which fits a 2.3mm shaft.
Gene