SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:02 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
Do you have the broken GT belt and the Align? Can you do a pull test to see the difference? My GT belt lasted 4 setup hovers...
i dont keep broken belts, sorry
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:06 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
Hey Hal.
Where did you get your yellow kevlar reinforced tail drive belt?
I just did a Google search and only found two. They were both in Europe.
mekaone is offline Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:07 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone
Hey Hal.
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/supe...23-p-7307.html

and I am in europe....
Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone
Hey Hal.
Infinity-Hobby also do them .....
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:04 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
Oooo.
Better price. Thanks to the both of ya.
Now I am in the hold mode till the rest of the parts arrive.
That will give me plenty of time to take the head apart and use thread locker along with a good setup.
Such small parts.
mekaone is offline Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:10 PM
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Saw someone selling a 250 clone with a Walkera 2801 transmitter and 8-ch receiver.
This gave me an idea.

I wonder for those who have a Walkera 2801 transmitter, whether it would make sense
to get a RX2609 receiver to put into one of these 250 helis. For about 4 grams
you get a receiver and a decent HH gyro for a total cost of about $35. So you'll
be saving about 10grams over a combo of (AR6100 + a lightweight HH gyro), not
to mention the cheaper cost.

A drawback is having to change your servo/ESC plugs to those tiny walkera molex.
plugs.
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:35 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,644 Posts
Thump... it went in.... feathering shaft broke in two and the blades departed and from then on it didn't matter what I did. I need two main grip bearings and the washers, the feathering shaft, two links from the minking arms to the blade holders, and a boom. In HK speak that's what, $4????
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Thump... it went in.... feathering shaft broke in two and the blades departed and from then on it didn't matter what I did. I need two main grip bearings and the washers, the feathering shaft, two links from the minking arms to the blade holders, and a boom. In HK speak that's what, $4????
was this using the stock feathering shaft?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:00 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,644 Posts
Yes, another part that needs to be "Aligned"...
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:24 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Yes, another part that needs to be "Aligned"...
oh, well you probably should have read the thread in more depth, the only person to try the stock feathering shaft (to my awareness) has reported it as failed
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,644 Posts
Any other parts?

It's a shame because it was flipping and a rolling and just a rocket... until... whoops there go the blades.... it was actually kinda cool to watch. And the damage was not that bad. I think I'll get a T250 and repair this later when parts are in stock. You can get a new T250 for $160 shipped. That's with motor and ESC but nothing else.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 08:48 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1
Saw someone selling a 250 clone with a Walkera 2801 transmitter and 8-ch receiver.
This gave me an idea.

I wonder for those who have a Walkera 2801 transmitter, whether it would make sense
you get a receiver and a decent HH gyro for a total cost of about $35. So you'll

A drawback is having to change your servo/ESC plugs to those tiny walkera molex.
plugs.
I dont think i would try the 2609 in any other helis than the submicro walkera helis. I use the walkera 2801tx and the 2801rx in my gaui 200 and i love it. It is a good combo.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Oct 20, 2009, 02:02 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
This gave me an idea.

I was toying with similar idea as I wasn't willing to pay 44 for Walkera's 2801rx (Started wondering if I did right thing buying 4g6 with 2801pro...)

I want to set up one 450 (HK ) with Walkera's rx so I can give it to my kids to get into helicopters, but cost of 2801rx put me off...

Quote:
plugs.
Yes - that was main reason I haven't done anything about it - yet. Where to find adapter cables for it? Connectors? I'm going to need it if I want to make one 4g6 Spektrumised (other direction - from Walkera's rx to AR6300)
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2009
139 Posts
Head explosion

Well, my new GT just exploded Quite a chock actually to experience how fast parts fly by you... I was lucky to not get hit.

Initial observation points at stock feathering shaft has been ripped apart. Threads have not been pulled out, it looks as if the shaft has broken further in against the middle than the threads go to.

Broken parts looks to be at least (before disassembly): One blade grip, main shaft, main gear, flybar (all tangled up around the head), blades, main bearings (I would think), motor mount (took all the force of the upper frame as the two screws for lower tail gear drive bearing holder was stripped from the factory, so that needs replacement too ).

Very annoyed with this. Did read around one having had an issue with the feathering shaft, but tried it anyways as I didn't have another one around.

Original spare parts seems rather expensive. HK doesn't have spare parts in stock before a long time. So where do I buy compatible parts at a reasonable price (where they are in stock normally)?
holsen is offline Find More Posts by holsen
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:43 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,572 Posts
This can happen when you run a too high head speed....Align recomends a max 3500 head speed on the T-rex 250....
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks