SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:09 PM
East Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2009
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
I have not been able to find a 2.3mm .4 mod 13 or 14 tooth pinion. If anyone knows where to find one plaese give me a link.
13 Tooth
14 Tooth
distractor is offline Find More Posts by distractor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:12 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
You can also risk your rx rebooting even if you use a BEC on a 2.4 ghz system.....Your battery may say 20c or more but because you are using a jst connector you will only be getting between 10c and 15c....
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:12 PM
I'll have one of each thanks
Melbourne Australia
Joined Feb 2006
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker
well you must be flying very gently then.

I have melted pairs before in my gaui 200, and that only runs on 2S
2S would be harder on the plugs then 3S flying this size model.

Not trying to be argumentitive here, the Deans are a better choice without doubt. However, most packs come with JST plugs standard. The JST plugs are adequate unless you are a really hard flier.

I run a 3800kv motor 13 tooth and have +/- 12 degrees pitch. I am yet to hurt a plug.

However, I certainly appreciate your information and if start having problems, I will look at the deans for sure.
Kepler is offline Find More Posts by Kepler
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:18 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
The reason that they put JST connectors on packs in Asia is because deans are hard to get in Asia and that is where the packs are made....You never will find JST connectors on 220mah 20c packs because they will melt...Anything above 1300mah 15c will have a deans connector....I work at a Hobby store I should know this.....3dxhobbies.com
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:56 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni
Yes I'm sure they work for you like they work for most people, but you are pushing it beyond limits and therefore there will be voltage drop acros the connection, which results in poorer performance. Whether you notice that or not is one thing but you are on the borderline of overloading the connector. All it takes is a little bit of dirt or oxidization on the connector pins and then you risk an ESC shutdown.
Thanks mahbouni....yep....mine are going to mini deans shortly and if I were setting up a new heli like many in this thread I would choose to not use jst.

On another note here is another source of pinions:
http://www.helidirect.com/motor-pini...c-1_78_512.hdx

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:54 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1 Posts
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9254
erna is offline Find More Posts by erna
Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:09 AM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Connectors

2mm gold connectors are the way to go in my opinion.
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:14 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Yes they would be good too. I use them for motor connections. Medusa used to sell some really light weight ones (0.5g per mated pair and good for 30A cont) but unfortunately they are not in the RC business anymore. I haven't yet found any others as light as that.
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:28 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
On another note here is another source of pinions:
http://www.helidirect.com/motor-pini...c-1_78_512.hdx

Amp
Be careful - a lot of those are 0.5m (trex 450 size) - you need 0.4M for the T250 and clones
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:13 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,663 Posts
Thanks guys. Looks like another order to HK....

If anyone does find the right 13t in stock let me know.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
Joined Mar 2009
139 Posts
Tail belt too loose/long?

After first test flight today with my new HK250GT, my tail belt became way too loose. Ok, back to the table and have a look. I notice that if the tail case is pushed all the way in over the tail boom, then the tail boom cannot be pulled enough rearward to tighten the belt before the tail boom exits the first of the two grips to hold it in place. So to keep the boom in both grips, I had to move the tail case rearwards on the boom, so much that you can see the boom end through the slot you can look through in the tail case.
holsen is offline Find More Posts by holsen
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
139 Posts
Another set of observations:

The G401B gyro sits very close to the tail boom supports when mounted upside down under the gyro mount (only position that I could see as it's rather big). But it just clears both (at least without vibrations on the ground/table) if positioned precisely.

I have a MKS480 on the tail, ball in closest servo arm hole, servo rod parallel to boom, no binding, gyro in digital mode, 0 delay, around 80 for limit. But the tail was not solid. Could only gain via gear channel up to around +35 before it shaked a little. On piro stop I get a bounce. Not a "clean" and quick stop. Is the servo too weak? I have a GWS HPX-F from HK as well to try (more torque as I remember but not digital).

Do I need a more highend gyro and/or servo for a more solid feel?

Also annoyed by the canopy being too tight or out of intended shape I guess on the left side, so the servo hits it. Tried to dremel a rather large hole in it to make room. Not optimal. The noise level is also increased quite a lot with it on, so I test flew without, but visibility is hurt, and a 250 sure gets very small to look at very quickly
holsen is offline Find More Posts by holsen
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:51 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212
2mm gold connectors are the way to go in my opinion.
I assume you mean for the battery.

not such a great idea, I know a guy who's nephew managed to 'daisy chain' 8 6s2500 packs, soon as he connected the last connector, that garage never looked the same again

not to mention the possibility of plugging them into each other by accident, or having them touching

the hazards are neverending
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:52 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holsen
After first test flight today with my new HK250GT, my tail belt became way too loose. Ok, back to the table and have a look. I notice that if the tail case is pushed all the way in over the tail boom, then the tail boom cannot be pulled enough rearward to tighten the belt before the tail boom exits the first of the two grips to hold it in place. So to keep the boom in both grips, I had to move the tail case rearwards on the boom, so much that you can see the boom end through the slot you can look through in the tail case.

belt on mine was fine, check to see if any of the fibers in your belt have snapped, and caused the belt to expand
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:54 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240
As voltage goes up, amperage goes down. A 2S would be harder on the connector than a 3S at the same watts.
yeah I know this, i forgot to mention the fact that i use a 10A esc on 2s, when everyone here uses 18A escs on 3s, thats a lot more amps.....