HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:55 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
+10/-10 is nice, i have +11/-12

as for your other question I use to screws. I use the spare screws that came with the kit, the small ones that is used for the main frame. I dremelled a bit off just enough so that it protrude inside the tail boom but not too much or the tail will rub on it, just enough to see it protruding instide. I also round off the edges of the screw, then i dip the edge in some Epoxy. i allow to cure and hardened then i place that in the hole with some CA. I use 2 screws because i oil my tail everytime prior to use. i hope this helps.

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:06 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB View Post
Just one more question about the HK-250 setup. How much Pitch, Aileron and Elevator are you using in your transmitter at the swashplate setup?

Thats what I have set up:

Pitch 45%
Aileron 55%
Elevator 55%
I just check with throttle off...

Move pitch up and down, move all servos... if it doesn't bind and your servo arm doesn't hit the main gear... you should be ok...lol

SK
ministeve2003 is offline Find More Posts by ministeve2003
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:48 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
@pitchp

Thank you. Good idea with the epoxy. I should use epoxy as well, it would remain forever in its place then.

@ministeve2003

Ok, then I keep my settings like that. Had also in mind to have it easy controllable. I am a bit afraid of this little devil and my limited pilot skills.

Seems my bird is grounded for tonite. Yesterday at the first test flight, my tail box was twisted to the right. I lost one tail blade in the following ground contact and the store around the corner has no spare.

But lesson learned. Why not ordering some cheap spare from HobbyKing, right then when buying the helicopter...
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:49 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
@pitchp

Thank you. Good idea with the epoxy. I should use epoxy as well, it would remain forever in its place then.
@ministeve2003

Ok, then I keep my settings like that. Had also in mind to have it easy controllable. I am a bit afraid of this little devil and my limited pilot skills.

Seems my bird is grounded for tonite. Yesterday at the first test flight, my tail box was twisted to the right. I lost one tail blade in the following ground contact and the store around the corner has no spare.

But lesson learned. Why not ordering some cheap spare from HobbyKing, right then when buying the helicopter...
lol read what i posted again. it wont be there forever, i allowed the screw to dry hence the epoxy will hardened (once the epoxy is dried on the screw) then i screw it in i add a bit of CA to lock it into place. And when it comes time to change the belt i apply the soldering iron rod on to the head of the screw and she comes out like butter. Do you get it dude? lol what ever you do, dont epoxy the screw into place. It will be there forever! lol

To sum it up, I am replacing the rubber dongle with a metal dongle but coated with epoxy, and i'm using CA to lock it into place. i hope you get what i'm trying to say. I know the guys here know what i'm talking about, and i understand you are new to this 250, and as the guys here we'll tell ya, it's trully a fun heli to have.
Last edited by pitchp; Mar 15, 2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:53 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Very cool did not know they had one, fancy, Haven’t tried that one, I actually just use an old white towel/rag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
well guys i have given up with this weather . i have started another project ging to post it up in the scale forum but want to give you guys a sneek peek
and i threw in the hk250 GT so i am on topic
That is gonging to be sharp, please post both when done.

Quote:
Just one more question about the HK-250 setup. How much Pitch, Aileron and Elevator are you using in your transmitter at the swashplate setup?

Thats what I have set up:

Pitch 45%
Aileron 55%
Elevator 55%
Quote:
@pitchp

@ministeve2003

I may be all wet but I will throw in my 2 cents’,
I love helicopters but for as long as I have been at it I suck. But hey I am having fun.
My 450 is more intimidating as far as getting in the blades, the 250 will seem to move faster because of its small size. So I set mine real mild and will increase AIL and Ele as I feel more comfortable. The pitch on the other hand I adjust it so I get full range in the head without binding. I then adjust the pitch curve so that I am getting +10 & -10. As I am flying I can adjust these up or down to how it flies, I increase pitch until it starts to bog then I back off.

Pitch 67%
Aileron 45%
Elevator 45%

I feel your pain I Have been waiting on parts for ever so it seems but they showed up last night so just need to balance blades and put on training gear for test flight.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:13 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,143 Posts
will do Hellysmack, i put it right here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406692

pitchp, i just looked at what your talking about the black angel , i have to say that has to be the u..... . the black i like , but what is up with the gold tub swash .
the reason i like the blue is it is more visible when its flying than the black , but i would prefer the black over the blue if they gave me a choice.
see how bad the weather is here , yesterday the sun was out and it was snowing , today its cold and looks like its going to rain.
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Yeh i have two of these. Havent really used them much yet but seem alright.
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:03 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
will do Hellysmack, i put it right here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406692

pitchp, i just looked at what your talking about the black angel , i have to say that has to be the u..... . the black i like , but what is up with the gold tub swash .
the reason i like the blue is it is more visible when its flying than the black , but i would prefer the black over the blue if they gave me a choice.
see how bad the weather is here , yesterday the sun was out and it was snowing , today its cold and looks like its going to rain.
yeah the gold is horrible. just the black is good. If you want something real easy on the eye some say the fluro tail, fluro skids and flashy stickers on the blades help. i think i got too many blue helis as it is. copterx has stuck with the blue look since day one. i've got blue helis to build as spare, but i got too many already as it is.

Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:42 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
you know what would be good jombo, deanodizing i'm thinking of doing that later on to some of my blue helis.

Tutorial: De-anodizing Aluminum on your RC Car (7 min 38 sec)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:53 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Ok I have a question
Where do you get the spacers that go between the blade grip bearing and the rubber damper?
They donít come with the feathering shafts and do not come separate; I have checked the CopterX and Hobby king and looks like you can only get them with the blade grips.
found a washer to get by.

Well my 250 just past test flight
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:21 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
Ok I have a question
Where do you get the spacers that go between the blade grip bearing and the rubber damper?
They donít come with the feathering shafts and do not come separate; I have checked the CopterX and Hobby king and looks like you can only get them with the blade grips.
found a washer to get by.

Well my 250 just past test flight
aslong as the dimensions are the same

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Feathering-Sh...item45f93280d5
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:27 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,143 Posts
Quote:
copterx has stuck with the blue look since day one. i've got blue helis to build as spare, but i got too many already as it is.]
See i have the opposite , mine are all black or grey , the blue makes it stand out from the crowd .
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:37 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,143 Posts
to deanodize the parts ,people have used easy off oven cleaner. i never tryed it but i hear it works. same as the video, put it in something and spray it on , let it sit for a while and it should come off .
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:45 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Quote:
aslong as the dimensions are the same

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Feathering-Sh...item45f93280d5
Feathering shafts, the screws with washers but again without the spacer.

Align
25H023 spacer 25X4.5X0.2MM
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
Feathering shafts, the screws with washers but again without the spacer.

Align
25H023 spacer 25X4.5X0.2MM
ahh you want the spacer. i thought you meant the washer. my bad.

http://www.completeheli.com/index.ph...rv85ij9svh55v5