SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Hal, they are dropping in prices, here's one if you live in the US
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=2889

we have a shop here that their prices are dropping too! I don't know why they are dropping but they are, also the ep200.

May be a t250 v3 is coming out soon?
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadorc
if your planning to crash...., crash with a cheap one. if not, go with the real deal. The cost of replacing parts on a clone to make it like the real deal, would cost almost the same as getting the real deal. hmmm
I NEVER PLAN on crashing, yet it happens!

I recently maidened my HK450. It's fun, but the slop in the head, etc. was driving me nutz. I can't get it to track perfectly and it's just "squirrely", more so than my prior 450 experiences.

I just recently bought two CopterX full metal 450 helis for $59 each and am going to get rid of the plastic HK450...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:51 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
lovespicyfood, that's what szabo jr always says. I crash too, it's just part of the game
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:10 AM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
Hal.
Awesome review.
Thanks for all the good info. I'll put it all to very good use.

I noticed that you were using the HXT500s. Did they fit good and have enough power and speed for you?
I ordered HXT900s. Hope they fit.

Eric
mekaone is online now Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:46 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadorc
Hal, they are dropping in prices, here's one if you live in the US
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=2889

we have a shop here that their prices are dropping too! I don't know why they are dropping but they are, also the ep200.

May be a t250 v3 is coming out soon?
the TREX 250 SE is already out, thats the V1, hence the price
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:47 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone
Hal.
Awesome review.
Thanks for all the good info. I'll put it all to very good use.

I noticed that you were using the HXT500s. Did they fit good and have enough power and speed for you?
I ordered HXT900s. Hope they fit.

Eric
I had to mod the HXT500s to fit, but I am currently in the process of replacing them with 900s after I stripped one last crash, the 900s I am pretty confident will be perfect for a heli this size
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood
I NEVER PLAN on crashing, yet it happens!

I recently maidened my HK450. It's fun, but the slop in the head, etc. was driving me nutz. I can't get it to track perfectly and it's just "squirrely", more so than my prior 450 experiences.

I just recently bought two CopterX full metal 450 helis for $59 each and am going to get rid of the plastic HK450...
really? my HK450 tracks perfect every time, i rarely need to adjust the tracking when I change blades.

try a set of the trueblood red dampeners, those should cure that slop of yours - worked for me when the stock dampeners wore out
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

Was it a b**ch to get the bearings out of the blade grips? I know I have ruined a pair of Align 450 blade grips trying to get bearings out in the past... I think I've now perfected the heat method and a properly angled punch, but this small grip might drive me nutz!

I have found that in the vast majority of crashes on my full metal 450 helis, the metal survives nicely, ultimately saving $ imo.

Not sure what works better on this size heli as metal parts certainly have more weight and thus momentum to bend!

Pete
hard to get out? the bearings were really easy to get out of both grips, to get the old ones out, stick the end of a 450 feathering shaft in the bearing, and gently wobble from side to side, the bearing should come right out - works every time for me
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,660 Posts
Unless they were green locktited in....
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:39 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
Unless they were green locktited in....
yeah but they aren't
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:50 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,660 Posts
Maybe they were in the 450 he had a hard time getting them ou of is what I meant. Most new helos do not have them secured in any way.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:32 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
OK.
So the $1.98 question of the day is........
According to the Trex 250 manual the bearings for the main blade grips are "Bearing 682XZZ (4)2.5x8x2.6mm". The bearing for the seasaw is "Bearing 681X (4)1.5x4x1.2".
Do you know or have you tried these for a replacement to the wrong bearings in the main blade grips and to replace the bushings in the seasaw?
If they do work I would like to order a set or two before my order shows.
Thanks.

Eric
mekaone is online now Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:42 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,660 Posts
Mine are in the mail and I should be able to tell you tomorrow. Also one package of each should do 2 helos...

I just was looking and the screw that holds the seesaw bearing in on the T250 is a special shouldered screw only used for this bearing in the Trex. The screw in the GT is not. What this means is you can not tighten the screw down. It has to be locktite'ed and snugged to the point of no play and no binding. Or get the T250 shoulderd screw number T50004-1. You'll need two. Or buy the sesaw assembly that comes with the shouldered screws. You can see them in this picture.

http://www.readyheli.com/ProductDeta...Code=H25007-00
Last edited by Evan D; Oct 14, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
Total n00b here, I'm just flying on the sim. Don't plan on actually flying anything, besides a mcx maybe, until next year.

I see the HXT900s mentioned s few times.
How are they performing in the helicopters?
A lot of people have been down on them, I've not had had any problems in my planes, for not being precise and drawing too much current.

Just wondering is all. I'm waiting on a PL review.
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:25 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryQ
Total n00b here, I'm just flying on the sim. Don't plan on actually flying anything, besides a mcx maybe, until next year.

I see the HXT900s mentioned s few times.
How are they performing in the helicopters?
A lot of people have been down on them, I've not had had any problems in my planes, for not being precise and drawing too much current.

Just wondering is all. I'm waiting on a PL review.
For the price they are good, real value for money, I use them for cyclic. But beware there are cheap clones of it. They are apparently sold on ebay, and they can fail on you while flying. I buy mine from HK.For the tail servo well that's another story.