HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:19 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
That's something I've noticed with the 250 owners here, each and everyone's 250 is different in character. Evolution?
I'm embarrassed that mine showed up in your list of photos three times. I've got to stop posting here.
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:35 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
lol, don't be. it's good to see how the 250 evolves. They look good.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:38 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Omg, now i just have to do the mod no way around it now.

I think my build is gonna be something else than anyone has.... looking into making my own canopy with FG sheet and resin.... i must be MAD
Not sure if i need a positive or negative mold. You tube has some nice tutorials.
i wonder if i can keep the weight low, and not make a mess of the house. Gotta take the wife into account there.

well, one step at the time. Id better get this bird flying properly first, and looking at the reviews is a handful in itself.

My Esky servos just came in, going straight to the workbench to dismember.
The heli gods need a sacrifice
the mold will be easy , use the stock canopy since its plastic , fiberglass wont stick to plastic. i would make a positive mmold of the canopy, put the layers on the outside of the mold . this way it would be slightly bigger than the original and fit better than the stock one . that is the only thing i hate about this heli the canopy is so tight its hard to put on and needs trimming around the linkages . hmm i got a few of those white plastic ones . spring , when its warm out i may make a couple.
jombo is online now Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:54 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,218 Posts
here is a quick and easy way to set the head level for +10-10 . before taking the head off the heli , put a blade on and get a pitch reading of +10. mark the height of the swash with a caliper. get some washers to put under the swash after removing the head and set your links and radio pitch to match the height of the swash. now you have a level swash at +10 and all that is needed is to adjust the links going from the swash to the blade holders to get -10.
also you need to set the pitch curve to linear 0 25 50 75 100 first and play with the pich in the swash menu till its at the right height and dosent bind on the head before the washers are under the swash.

i have been doing it this way for a while now and works good
Last edited by jombo; Feb 12, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:03 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
. that is the only thing i hate about this heli the canopy is so tight its hard to put on and needs trimming around the linkages .
The stock one will fit without trimming, you just have to reshape it. Boil some water, and very carefully, over a sink, fill the canopy with the hot water. It will get soft and you can re-shape it by squeezing from top to bottom. My stock canopy fit like a dream after that.
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:38 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Pitchp I like your wall hanger, I hang my heli from a wire off floor Joyce in base ment.

Thanks for the tip jombo

Well Got my kit last night
I see that it is true the CopterX is a KY model. I read somewere the HK 250 flies out of the same factory dont know if it is true or not. So far I have only checked the head and tail screws for lock tight. Carbon frame rough but looks like a nice kit.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:43 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
HS: i wish that was my wall of helis. That wall there is owned by one of the 250 pilots here. I call him tareq, because his helis and wall look very similar to Tareq's wall of helis. And he almost flies like tareq too! He is a good friend, and a darn good pilot.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:14 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
it's a kool little thang, but not kool enough, no piro flips, but I'm sure give it 6 months one of these micro companies will pull through. When they bring that out. I'd be in it. For now I better start selling my little walkeras, and my bmcx. upgrade is just around the corner.

Blade mCP X RTF.avi (0 min 45 sec)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:11 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
it's a kool little thang, but not kool enough, no piro flips, but I'm sure give it 6 months one of these micro companies will pull through. When they bring that out. I'd be in it. For now I better start selling my little walkeras, and my bmcx. upgrade is just around the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COI2r...layer_embedded
There are piro flips - go through the mCP X's forum and you'll find video with some

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383130

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1380

But http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1309 is really cool! (no piro flips though - sill...)
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:19 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
man that is a zippy little thing. it makes my 250 look like a 450. wow if you can fly that, you can fly anything. i tried searching for the video with piro flips, i couldn't find any. One day they will perfect on it. and that day is not that far away.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:57 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
I had been waiting for the mcp to come out ever since I got boad with the mcx.
The msr has been a blast for the living room wall banging, though I want the mcp really bad I know it is smarter to wait for all the bugs, mods/fixes to come out and the price to drop before I buy. Price will drop right after the blade 120 CP comes out.
I bought the msr when it first came out and I have seen the price drop twice. Once when the blade 120 came out and it has just dropped again at the announcement of the mcp. My New 250 IS easing the pain of not having the mcp at the moment.
If you do not have a inside wall banging bird get the msr it is now the price it should have been all along.

Well on 250 gone through head and tail checking lock tight oiling bearings freeing up links and just installed servos. I think I am going to enjoy this bird.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:46 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
HS my friend, I've been waiting for a micro size heli, like my blade mcx to be capable of doing piro flips easily. I would love a micro that can fly like that. I would zip that around the house like no tomo. I know that day will soon come.

As for your 250, you will love it. It's a love, hate relationship. The more you tend to it, the better it becomes. Alteast that was the case for me. I know i've ignored my 450s and walkera helis, and my poor little blade mcx just gathering dust , i think it's time to sell them, and hand them over to the righteous person that will give them the TLC that they need. And hopefully, buy more 250s!!!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Have some honey do this morning but hope to get back to the build today.
The 450 is to cramped for my yard because of trees. I have flown the 450 over in neighbors yard but afraid of hitting neighbors vinyl siding or windows. Normally only fly there when swinging the wood blades. I like just opening the garage door and flying I think the 250 will be perfect.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:15 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,218 Posts
i have the same problem here , i have the space but i need to share it with alot of low hanging branches from trees . the 450 runs out of room fast , high in the air its worse. the 250 is perfect size for my back yard or any park .
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:24 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,343 Posts
Test run my trunigy 2526 motor. it is really loud and vibrating
i tried to balance the endbell, but it did not help any. I took the bell off and found the lower bearing to be notchy. I just ordered a few new 3x7x3 bearings. i needed new bearings for my 450 main grips anyhow, so no biggy.

Also the supplied 3,5mm connectors are HUGE for the small motor wires. Some 2mm bullet connectors are on the rescue
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman