SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2011, 12:53 PM
NW, US
Joined Mar 2007
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
oh man, i'm not having any luck this week. I crashed my 450 several weeks ago. I repaired it. Everything was fine until, today i decided to give her one more fly before I try out the GA250 gyro. I was flying until i started losing tail authority. I landed her down, to take a close look, and I noticed this...

I have no time for this. WHY!!!!

oops sorry wrong thread. bah, there some 450 owners here I supposse. Any idea guys what can cause this, or what happened here?? TIA
This happened to me before on the HK450. It was the tail gear got loose, then it slipped upward touching the main rotor gear, and the frame. That little part is known to have problem, even for the Align original. The way I fix it is to drill a tiny hold through, and put in a small screw (the one from your broken servo) and threadlock it. The trick is to precut the screw a little so that you can break it off by hand afterwards.
heniochus is offline Find More Posts by heniochus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:21 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
(boy do i hate to pay full price for brand products )

Eventually (hopeully) i will pay way less than the align super combo, AND get a load of spare parts with it.
yep that's the whole idea.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:30 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heniochus View Post
This happened to me before on the HK450. It was the tail gear got loose, then it slipped upward touching the main rotor gear, and the frame. That little part is known to have problem, even for the Align original. The way I fix it is to drill a tiny hold through, and put in a small screw (the one from your broken servo) and threadlock it. The trick is to precut the screw a little so that you can break it off by hand afterwards.
I see, that's what happened. hmm.thank you
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:43 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
mod here, mod there. slowly slowly my 250 is morphing into something else

I just don't know what heli it's transforming into.

ahh finless bob!

Last edited by pitchp; Feb 08, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:55 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Welp I put the ga250 gyro underneath the tail pipe. Now I have to wait about a week for the threadlock to cure. I should be able to test it then.

Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:03 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Is that part of the heli perpendicular to the yaw axis? It can't be just close or the gyro will react to roll inputs as well.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Feb 09, 2011, 05:52 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,316 Posts
Im going to remove the case on the Ga-250 and just use a clear heat-shrink. It's just a single PCB anyway.

also is anyone adjusting the battery tray to look like a t600 electric? (more upright)
That would make it less nose heavy with bigger packs.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:44 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Welp I put the ga250 gyro underneath the tail pipe. Now I have to wait about a week for the threadlock to cure. I should be able to test it then.

a week to cure threadlock???????????? dude get some different threadlock thats crazy
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:09 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Im going to remove the case on the Ga-250 and just use a clear heat-shrink. It's just a single PCB anyway.

also is anyone adjusting the battery tray to look like a t600 electric? (more upright)
Cool Post some pictures on what you do
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:13 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
Is that part of the heli perpendicular to the yaw axis? It can't be just close or the gyro will react to roll inputs as well.
it's a temp thing not a permanent fixture, it's for this bounce. trial and error. the gyro is not reading my expo settings. Did you get your gyro yet??
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:28 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
a week to cure threadlock???????????? dude get some different threadlock thats crazy
yep just making sure she sets in nicely. loctite 243
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:31 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:

i was thinking of doing that, but since i only use small packs, i never did it. It's not that hard to do. i'm sure you'll be fine with modding it. show some pics, we'd love to see it.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
i was thinking of doing that, but since i only use small packs, i never did it. It's not that hard to do. i'm sure you'll be fine with modding it. show some pics, we'd love to see it.
+1 pics for sure
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:55 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,316 Posts
Omg, now i just have to do the mod no way around it now.

I think my build is gonna be something else than anyone has.... looking into making my own canopy with FG sheet and resin.... i must be MAD
Not sure if i need a positive or negative mold. You tube has some nice tutorials.
i wonder if i can keep the weight low, and not make a mess of the house. Gotta take the wife into account there.

well, one step at the time. Id better get this bird flying properly first, and looking at the reviews is a handful in itself.

My Esky servos just came in, going straight to the workbench to dismember.
The heli gods need a sacrifice
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Last edited by sp00fman; Feb 10, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:18 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Omg, now i just have to do the mod no way around it now.

I think my build is gonna be something else than anyone has.... looking into making my own canopy with FG sheet and resin.... i must be MAD
Not sure if i need a positive or negative mold. You tube has some nice tutorials.
i wonder if i can keep the weight low, and not make a mess of the house. Gotta take the wife into account there.

well, one step at the time. Id better get this bird flying properly first, and looking at the reviews is a handful in itself.

My Esky servos just came in, going straight to the workbench to dismember.
The heli gods need a sacrifice
That's something I've noticed with the 250 owners here, each and everyone's 250 is different in character. Evolution?

Tareq's wall of Helis, and yes tareq has a 250 aswell.

Last edited by pitchp; Feb 10, 2011 at 08:40 PM.