HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:55 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
Nor was it available for the DSX11 when I bought it, not very long ago, as far as I know, so if DMSS had been a priority for me, I'd have been buying a different transmitter.

What I'd like is an upgrade for the DSX11 that is actually for the DSX11, i.e, improvements to the user interface, not an attempt to turn it into a different transmitter so they have one less to support.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:08 AM
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango View Post
JR won't pay, that is the problem. They can buy a DSMX license if they want. An own system like DMSS saves alot of license cost but is unacceptable for me.
Why not?

Thank you, RaPeGa
rapega is offline Find More Posts by rapega
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:15 PM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
I’ve held off upgrading my 11X Zero’s to the new software mostly due to your post about the 3 position switches, had been waiting to get more info from others that have actually done the upgrade.

I had a hard time believing that JR would offer a software upgrade that would be a step backwards. After reading this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1625845

It looks like the upgrade is in fact an upgrade and retains the 3 position switches.

It looks like now I’ll go ahead and load the software, plus it will give me the option to use JR’s own DMSS (added to modulation screen) which I think was the main reason for waiting so long to offer a firmware upgrade.
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRs Flagship Radio!
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Hi,

I like the new software, all modules work just fine.
I have the feeling that the PPM singal got al tiny bit more precise with ma HoTT module.

Cheers, Ralf
rapega is offline Find More Posts by rapega
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
OK I've just bought a used DSX11 and it appears to have a range issue. I've tried it with an AR600, AR6200 and AR8000 and don't get over 13 paces when range checking. I've also had my EPP Wildthing drop out of the sky!

I noticed earlier in the thread there was some mention of range issues and I've skimmed the pages but couldn't see a solution.... is there one?
S1MON is offline Find More Posts by S1MON
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
I`m guessin it`s my posts about range you are reffering to?

I get a consistant 32-35 paces (30-35 meters) out of my European version, wich is supposed to have alittle less output mW`s than the US version.
It`s not an issue for me though, i`ve flown almost out of sight without any problems.
I was only alittle worried about it, and thought about changing the tx module to a US version if you US guy`s made alot better range test`s.

But i`m over the test limit refered to in the manual, so i`ve settled with my radio range being OK anyway.
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
Ah so not really an issue. My 13 paces is a much less than what the manual suggests. I think I'll have to get in touch with MacGregor : (
S1MON is offline Find More Posts by S1MON
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
New Zealand, Tasman, Upper Moutere
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
does any one know if the jr 11x will work with long range systems like chain link I want to use it for long range FPV
Rastlin is offline Find More Posts by Rastlin
Old May 14, 2012, 02:14 AM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,111 Posts
Well, I just got around to upgrading one of my JR 11x zero’s to the latest software version V0002-0001 which was released by JR PROPO on May 1’st 2012.

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/dl/...he7=p&he8=soft

Software upgrade was a cinch after finding an SD card that could be read.
This was the first upgrade to this radio since new.

Just a note about the SD cards, stay with 2GB or less to avoid any reading/writing issues.

I originally picked up a 4GB brand name card for this upgrade, loaded the software and nothing. I checked the card and it was formatted in FAT32, knowing that JR uses just the FAT format (OEM Card) I reformatted the card to just FAT, reloaded the software and again nothing, it would not read and would not write to it.

I then called on a tech guy and he explained some things about SD cards and the different versions especially about the readers in the devices.

This is the 2 GB card that ended up working in my 11X Zero’s and also in the XG8’s in lieu of an OEM card. It just happens to be the only 2 GB card I found locally.

http://www3.pny.com/2GB-Premium-Secu...-P1881C40.aspx

It’s a class 4 which is what JR recommends but also works with Class 2 devices, this is a true SD card, once you go above 2G these cards become SDHC etc and the card reader in the radio has/or can have a problem with these newer versions during reading/writing.

This is basically what I was told,

As the demand for digital device storage continuously grew, the widely used SD memory card has evolved into the SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), including new interfaces (Readers) that enable faster transfer rates and higher memory capacities.

So as long as the card manufacturer states it’s just an SD card, which seems to be at, the 2GB limit it should read and write while in the JR radio.

It took me a few days to sort this SD card issue out; the plus is I learned something new about SD cards. If using the OEM JR PROPO card you won’t run into these issues.

I’ll post a couple of screen pics of the changes in the software when I get a chance, especially of the modulation screen and the DMSS telemetry features that were added, It truly looks like the XG11 Radio inside now, software wise that is, with the added bonus of being a modular chassis.

Name: The 11X Zero Modular.jpg
Views: 80
Size: 67.3 KB
Description: JR Propo 11X Zero Modular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000 View Post
I’ve held off upgrading my 11X Zero’s to the new software mostly due to your post about the 3 position switches, had been waiting to get more info from others that have actually done the upgrade.

I had a hard time believing that JR would offer a software upgrade that would be a step backwards. After reading this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1625845

It looks like the upgrade is in fact an upgrade and retains the 3 position switches.

It looks like now I’ll go ahead and load the software, plus it will give me the option to use JR’s own DMSS (added to modulation screen) which I think was the main reason for waiting so long to offer a firmware upgrade.
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRs Flagship Radio!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
User registered
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jan 2004
413 Posts
G'day I was/am seriously looking at the 11x or dsx11 (same thing) but was wondering, is there any way of converting a mode2 to mode 1 ? Or what you get what it is for life ?
Thanks
TNboy is offline Find More Posts by TNboy
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:30 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
On the DSX11 I have, you can set the stick mode for each model, but you can't set the default. Even so, I often create new models on complicated transmitters (the DSX11 and my MC3030) by copying form a template for a similar model with no trimming set - all servos centred and 100% throws - so that's not such a problem.

You'd just have to swap over the spring and ratchet plate, I guess.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:33 AM
User registered
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jan 2004
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
On the DSX11 I have, you can set the stick mode for each model, but you can't set the default. Even so, I often create new models on complicated transmitters (the DSX11 and my MC3030) by copying form a template for a similar model with no trimming set - all servos centred and 100% throws - so that's not such a problem.

You'd just have to swap over the spring and ratchet plate, I guess.
Thanks Andy, what about the mechanical trim for the throttle ? or are they all digital.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:41 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
You're welcome, TNboy. All the trims on mine are digital.

I still have the original DSX11 firmware on mine, which is at least 7 years old, based on the googling I did a while ago. It would be worth checking with someone who has the newer XG11 firmware too, in case yours comes with that on.

I haven't upgraded mine because they haven't offered any way to put it back if I don't like it, and the documentation is a bit lacking, IMHO. Asking other people who've got one is more reliable than manual reading.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:46 PM
User registered
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jan 2004
413 Posts
Thanks again Andy, I'll check the supplier here, see what is happening with the new models.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:14 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
You're welcome, TNboy. Despite some quirks in the user interface, which will probably never get ironed out, it is a nice transmitter. It feels well made, and I like the ergonomics. The dents in the back for your fingers are a good feature. It would be worth seeing if you can hold one and decide if you like the feel.