HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:33 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
307 Posts
I agree, a bulk backup where you specify a folder name would be awesome. Saving 20 models or so is pretty tedious. It would be really great to see JR implement a few little time savers like that.

I realize that the issue is the massive difference in sales volume, but transmitters come off as pretty primitive relative to modern consumer electronics that sell for far less.

Bill
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:42 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,952 Posts
Andy,

Has been almost impossible in the past as the firmware was never user upgradeable. They did do a complete pcb change on the early 3810's due to a glitch which was identified by a customer.

Obviously now that they are designing radios to be upgraded by the user, then it is more likely that they will take into consideration.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:03 PM
Joined Nov 2002
301 Posts
Theaton I had my 11x upgraded to the DSMX. The only thing I can tell that it is DSMX is the decal on the display has the x letter on it now. Is their anyway of knowing it is in DSMX mode when I bind to a DSMX reciever. I use both DSM2 recievers and I am now buying DSMX recievers. HOW do I know I am getting the benifits of DSMX?
old p47 is offline Find More Posts by old p47
Old Dec 06, 2011, 05:55 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaton56 View Post
now that they are designing radios to be upgraded by the user, then it is more likely that they will take into consideration.
Maybe we should start an 11X/11X Zero/DSX11 feature requests thread? Probably whatever we ask for could be applied to all upgradeable JR radios, so it could be more general than just the 11x series, I guess.

The reason I asked, not wanting to appear too cynical, is that in my research into the DSX11 version, I found a post in a French forum from July 2007 asking about firmware upgrades. The guy who was asking (who said he had a JR DSX 11X 2.4G) had the exact same firmware version as me, and I only just bought mine:

http://www.france-helico.com/viewtop...=41789#p390919

He said "j'ai vérifié, je suis effectivement en 0001-0002 donc le même firmware que la 11X zéro on dirait." - he's on firmware 0001-0002, the same as the 11X Zero. Someone else confirmed he had that version on his 11X Zero too.

I'm inclined to think if they haven't updated it in four years, they're not likely to do it now. I suppose we could still try making suggestions though. Is there a JR or MacGregor rep active in rcgroups, does anyone know?

old p47,

What version does your firmware say it is, after the upgrade to DSMX? I'd guess that's more than just a hardware change, unless the software for the DSMX capability was there already.
Andy2No is online now Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Nov 2002
301 Posts
Theaton I will check the version today I would appreciate the help
old p47 is offline Find More Posts by old p47
Old Dec 07, 2011, 06:21 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,952 Posts
Sorry but I cannot advise on DSMX as it is not available on JR sets here in the UK. Long reason but not going to go into that......

Andy, I used to work directly for MacG's and was their semi official rep here and various other forums.

There is a UK based forum where there is a MacGregor thread and is monitored both by myself and one of the Sales / Support guys from MacG. That would probably be a good place to start a request thread. Site is R C M F dot co dot uk.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:54 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
Thanks, theaton56. I think I'm registered on that forum, I just hardly ever go there.

Hopefully, I'll get to actually fly a plane or two with it on Sunday so I'll wait til after then before I start the thread. Maybe I'll just make it about the 11X/DSX11 variants. After looking at the 12X application guide, there's quite a few differences between the 12X and the 11X series so it could get a bit confusing if it was about both.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:04 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old p47 View Post
Theaton I had my 11x upgraded to the DSMX. The only thing I can tell that it is DSMX is the decal on the display has the x letter on it now. Is their anyway of knowing it is in DSMX mode when I bind to a DSMX reciever. I use both DSM2 recievers and I am now buying DSMX recievers. HOW do I know I am getting the benifits of DSMX?
Easy- bind your receiver -
now turn off rx power for a second
when it reconnects - you MAY see flashing MAIN lights
this means you have a DSM2 rx.
if light simply comes back solid - it is a DSMX
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:52 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,166 Posts
Thats right; I forgot about that method, I dont think the X rx's blink after a brownout
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:23 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
I've just tried setting up an elevons and rudder model (my FlyingWings Mini Bongo) on my DSX11 and ran into the classic elevons problem - the elevator movement was right but the aileron movement was opposite. I can only reverse each elevon, so if I do that, the aileron movement is right but the elevator movement is opposite.

I get that I could swap the servo cables over - it shows left elevon on channel 2 and right elevon on channel 3 on the monitor screen - but I already have this model set up on my DX6i and I want it to work with both, without having to switch servo cables around when I switch transmitters. The model has an Orange R410 4 channel Rx so I had limited options for setting it up on the DX6i.

Is there a way of doing it on the DSX11/11X without resorting to setting up mixes? I was hoping for a bit more sophistication than just servo reversing on elevons, but I can't see any more options.

I've set it up using mixes but it meant losing the differential option, so I set up two more mixes to get it back - except I now have to set the amount of differential separately for each elevon. It seems like there should be a better way of doing it.

I based it on the NORMAL wing type. I tried making it Flaperons, which gave me a differential option, but that only affected the elevon plugged into the aileron channel so it didn't help. I mixed aileron to elevator and elevator to ailerons to get delta mixing (two mixes), then mixed ailerons to elevator again and ailerons to ailerons (two more mixes, activated by a switch), to get differential. Technically, I could combine two of those mixes into one, but adjusting the differential would become more confusing.

Neither the DX6i or the DSX11 allows me to choose which elevon channel is left and which is right. I kind of expected the DSX11 to let me set up the elevon behaviour I needed whichever way round I plugged in the servos, without resorting to user mixes. Have I missed something?
Last edited by Andy2No; Dec 08, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:29 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Easy- bind your receiver -
now turn off rx power for a second
when it reconnects - you MAY see flashing MAIN lights
this means you have a DSM2 rx.
if light simply comes back solid - it is a DSMX
I think the question is about telling whether a DSMX receiver is being used in DSMX mode or DSM2 mode, not telling what type a receiver is. Would the lights still flash if it was a DSMX Rx but being used as DSM2?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:05 AM
Joined Jun 2008
253 Posts
dear 11x users.

i have 11x zero with recievers rd 1232 and rd 631. i mite have had bumbpy landings and crashed plane sometimes with these recievers on it.
i am havign poblems .

with rd 631 it automatically stops responding to my tx and then i have to switch off the plane and then turn it on to re-activate the link. ( i do not bind again, only off and onn).

with rd 1232 it starts to give glitches heavy with increased vibration in my gasser. sometimes without vibratioin it gives heavy glitches too.

pls help
mahmoodmusaddi is offline Find More Posts by mahmoodmusaddi
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Feb 2011
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoodmusaddi View Post
dear 11x users.

i have 11x zero with recievers rd 1232 and rd 631. i mite have had bumbpy landings and crashed plane sometimes with these recievers on it.
i am havign poblems .

with rd 631 it automatically stops responding to my tx and then i have to switch off the plane and then turn it on to re-activate the link. ( i do not bind again, only off and onn).

with rd 1232 it starts to give glitches heavy with increased vibration in my gasser. sometimes without vibratioin it gives heavy glitches too.

pls help
Seriously?

Throw them as far away as possible, and buy new ones!
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined Feb 2011
226 Posts
To those of you using the stock dsx11 non module based, usa version. How many meters do you get on the range check withe stock 9ch jr rx, with the plane on the ground?

Im asking to see if theres a difference to my european version, which is supposed to have a weaker signal strenght. (i get ok range checks, just curious)
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:01 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,852 Posts
Mahmoodmusaddi I am averse to chucking without checking. First rebind with the Tx 5 -6 feet away from Rx. Second check that the Rx is as far from the motor as practical, check the satellite Rx cable connections and that the antennae are in a different plane, usually in my installations this means the antenae are vertical on the satellite.
If no benefit call horizon support for advise.
DavidN is online now Find More Posts by DavidN