HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined Nov 2002
301 Posts
Andy I had an early 11x DSM2 and had a repair over the summer they upgraded it to DSMX. I have bought several DSMX receivers and still have several planes on the radio that are DSM2 receivers. When I bind to a new DSMX receiver or to a old DSM2 receiver it does not show the difference. And is the DSMX upgraded have the 11ms speed?
old p47 is offline Find More Posts by old p47
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:14 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,897 Posts
I stand to be corrected; but I thought the speed and resolution also required an Rx with the correct specs.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:21 PM
Joined Nov 2002
301 Posts
I know they have faster rx for the DX7 but I thought the DSMX would go to the 11ms and was backward compatible with the slower DSM2 receivers
old p47 is offline Find More Posts by old p47
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:34 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old p47 View Post
Andy I had an early 11x DSM2 and had a repair over the summer they upgraded it to DSMX.
JR aren't offering a DSMX upgrade for Europe yet. It's not clear if they ever will. I'm not really bothered though. I bought mine to use with indoor DSM2 planes. I mostly use 35MHz for outdoor planes. If Horizon Hobbies / Parkzone / E-Flite start selling DSMX equipped ultra micro planes, it would be more useful to me, but DSMX is supposed to be backwards compatible with DSM2 anyway. You can't really get enough people flying in a sports hall to cause problems with DSM2.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:43 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
I backed up my SD card to my PC and I see it says this at the start of every model memory file:

¥JR PROPO¥11X ZERO

- So the DSX11 thinks it's an 11x Zero. I can see the difference between the Zero and the non modular versions, but I don't know what the difference is between the DSX11 and the 11x.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:14 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
And now I do! I decided to email MacGregor (the UK distributor) and I've had a reply already:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

The JR 11X (Not CE Legal) is the US equivalent of the DSX11 and the
11X-Zero is a modular version of the DSX11.

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/jrpropo/dsx11.htm

Regards
Modeller Support
So, what I have is an 11x, just an EU legal version (we have to have a lower power output than in the US).
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:50 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,966 Posts
To be totally honest, there is little difference to the modular and non-modular systems. On the so called "non-modular" system, if you strip it down and remove the RF interface pcb, you will find the exact same RF pcb that is found in the modular system.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:57 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Thanks, theaton56. That's good to know. Is the RF board soldered on, or in a socket?

I've fitted a FrSky 2.4GHz module to the back of one of my 35MHz Futaba FF6's, which isn't modular, and it was pretty simple to do, so I figured I'd probably be able to something similar with the DSX11 if I ever needed to in the future. The 11x Zero was about £100 dearer ($160 or so) and I specifically wanted DSM2, so I didn't feel like paying the extra.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 03:32 AM
Ελλάδα, Δυτική Ελλάδα, Πάτρα
Joined Jun 2009
59 Posts
how many flight conditions does the jr 11x has? Is the throttle trim digital in the US version?

thanks ,
john
johncoulouris is online now Find More Posts by johncoulouris
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:25 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
807 Posts
John IMHO dont go with the us version because of the dsmx , and dms2
Go straight to JR 11X ZERO because of the interchangeable module.. and superior DSMJ frequensy hoping system.
also beware that it will be released soon this module for 9X, 10X and 11Xzero sets

https://rcjapan.net/index.php?main_p...ducts_id=11927

i use the FRSKY for FPV though , and DSMJ for my MK
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:31 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncoulouris View Post
how many flight conditions does the jr 11x has? Is the throttle trim digital in the US version?
There are six flight modes for helicopters, five for gliders and three for planes.

I can't answer about the throttle trim, sorry.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:54 AM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncoulouris View Post

thanks ,
john
The JR 11X2.4 sold in the US has analog throttle trim. But of greater concern should be is the US version legal where you are located and also can you get it serviced if needed? The US version does differ from the versions sold elsewhere in its programming. Most notably the GLID mode. Personnally I think the US GLID is better.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:03 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
Allan, I have a few 11x questions but they do not relate to sailplanes. I do not know anyone with more knowledge of this radio than you; could you tell me how you would set up your radio for a giant scale gasser?

Specifically, my goals are to program a 4 servo wing (2 ail, 2 flaps) and I was hoping to plug each servo into a separate channel on my rx, but I also want to be able to match the two flap servos together [even though they operate separately on the full scale].

I am also running one servo for each elevator half and would also like to put them on separate channels and also ensure they are matched in synchronization with each other.

How would I go about this?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:36 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
884 Posts
The ACRO programming for what you want is straight forward. It will require a receiver with seven or more channels. Start with a cleared memory slot. Select ACRO type. When asked for wing type, select NORMAL. Next when asked about DUAL-AILE, select GEAR. Make your choice about having a V-tail or not. Then go to the WING TYPE menu on the System List and under FLAP select AUX2. If you have a receiver with more than seven channels then the mated channels to aileron and flap can be other than what I listed.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:40 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
Thanks Allan! I will get on it when I get off work; it sounds pretty easy

I will be using a total of 10 servos (2 ail, 2 flap, 2 ele, rudder, tail wheel, throttle, choke) and likely using a 9ch rx so I may have to use a Y somewhere in there...
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks