SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:49 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,962 Posts
Quote:
Actually info available from UK & Australia. I googled it this am.
Well I just tried Google and looked on the UK distributors website and couldn't find a thing about the XG11.

Can you supply a link ?
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:14 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,962 Posts
Quote:
So... where/how did you hear about it?
I work with the UK distributor and was told sometime ago that the XG series would be expanding, I "knew" that the next in series was probably going to be the 11 channel system and would probably be later this year. Gut feeling is a wonderful thing

If you have facebook, look for Fly MacGregor and there is a notification there about the XG11
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:16 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaton56 View Post
Well I just tried Google and looked on the UK distributors website and couldn't find a thing about the XG11.

Can you supply a link ?
No hits for XG11

XG8
http://www.macgregor.co.uk/jrpropo/xg8.htm
http://modelflight.blogspot.com/2011...8-from-jr.html
http://www.rcrotorz.com.au/showthrea...-Now-available
NB says not compatible with DSM.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:36 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,962 Posts
Yep, I know the XG7 & XG8 is available and that there is data out there, but I thought you were responding to my previous post regarding the XG11.

As it is using JR's own original DMSS and NOT Spektrum's DSM2, there will be no compatibility between the 2.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:08 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
778 Posts
I just want to say that i am extremely happy with my JR 11x Zero(with removable module) it is an amazing Radio , just AMAZING!
i use it in my Mikrokopter with DSMJ modules and it is rock solid (hundreds of features)
i also put a FrSky module with telemetry for FPV with Skywalker Superb compatibility! but only 8 channels
As for the XG11 i made my research and i dont even care about it ..Cause It is sure that it will be released a DMSS module (friend saw a jr zero wearing a DMSS module in a rc expo Japan ) for the JR 11X Zero so it will be compatible all the way.
what i dont know is if the telemetry data can be displayed inside the tx monitor. because defenetely DMSS module will use more than 5 pins
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Last edited by Nettraptor; Sep 08, 2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 01:38 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaton56 View Post
...As it is using JR's own original DMSS and NOT Spektrum's DSM2, there will be no compatibility between the 2.
Have they given any reason to using the older technology? I would think that it would be released with the latest: DSM-X...

Isn't that a bit like moving backwards; like going back to brushed motors and nimh batteries?

Surely there has to be benefits, otherwise they would not have gone with it, but I am curious what they are.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Sep 08, 2011, 01:52 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Actually its the reverse. DMSS was and is ahead of DSMX in some ways. DSMX was doing the catchup. There are several videos and posts demonstrating how DMSS hops, has telem and how it deals well against a higher RF noise floor. At this point the differences are like debating AFHSS vs FASS, vs FHSS, vs DSMX vs etc....

They all work fairly well. The quandry remains why its not distributed for NorthAmerican. That's where some debate JR/HH/Spektrum internal agreements, copyrights, certification etc. It not clear why its not available here either way.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2011, 01:54 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,315 Posts
Thanks Max, very informative

There is so many changes in technology to keep up with; I could certainly use a "CliffNotes" for this stuff
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:45 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,876 Posts
I would guess that the market penetration of BNF models is so high in North America that JR would stand to lose customer base by ditching DSM/2/X series. Now if they could offer software selectable DMSS OR DSM/2/X then it might be more palatable.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:26 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,962 Posts
JR does not own DSM/DSM2/DSMX and would have to pay a small fortune (or tie themselves up once again) to Horizon/Spektrum.

IF they allied themselves again, then their market is going to be restricted as Spktrum have the 6i, 7s, 8 and soon the 10. JR wouldnt be able to sell anything else apart from the 9503, 11 or 12. No entry level systems.

So by going back to THEIR original system, the way is open for an XG6, XG9, XG11, and probably an XG12 eventually.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:57 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
I'm having a programming issue with my 11X I hope you can help me with.
I'm building an F5B Enigma with 4-servo wing.
The motor is "supposed to be" working on the retract switch (Motor ON or OFF).

The 2 aileron servos are plugged into AIL and THROT
The 2 Flap servos are plugged into GEAR and AUX1
The motor is plugged into AUX2
Rx is Spektrum AR7000

I've gotten all the wing servos working normally, flap, crow, reflex, camber, all working as you'd expect except for one major problem.

None of it is working on the left stick (Throttle stick). This is supposed to be the FLAP system stick and it's totally non-op.

But, when I hit the retract switch, the motor is activated, the flaps go down, the ailerons go UP (crow), the elevator goes down, and the amount of this movement changes with Flight Mode per my programming.

I've been goofing around in the DEVICE SELECT menu throwing switches, and CANNOT get the flap system off of the Gear switch.

Funny thing is: The flap system was working on the throttle stick a week or so ago. Since then, I've played with the motor, but I didn't think I had changed any of the system settings.

The plan was to maiden this thing tomorrow, but that is in jeopardy.

Any help you can provide, I appreciate it. Let me know if you need some specific information I left out.

Thanks.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Last edited by drice; Sep 10, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
873 Posts
Normally in GLID, the GEAR channel is used for the motor and in case of a motor glider the AUX2 is the left flap. If you designate the GEAR channel for the left flap then by default AUX2 is the spoiler channel and in the Landing Mode menu it is controlled by the flap stick. We would need to have a more complete description of your set up to explaine why it is acting as it is, but, I suspect having changed the input of AUX2 with the gear switch is the problem. It acts that way on mine.

What I did for my motor glider as I wanted the motor to be on AUX2 for convenience in getting to the ESC lead, was to INH the output of AUX2 in the DeviceSel. As I wanted the throttle/flap stick on to control both the landing functions and the motor, I changed the output of AUX3 to MOTO. You could have the input device for AUX3 be the gear switch just as well. Then use a program mix to direct the output of AUX3 (or MOTO) to AUX2 so as to be able to use the AR7000.

Allan
AWorrest is online now Find More Posts by AWorrest
Last edited by AWorrest; Sep 10, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:54 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
873 Posts
Input Device for the JR 11x 2.4 LANDING MODE

drice,

You have stumbled on a 11X 2.4 attribute that no one has commented on before. This may not apply to the JR 11X Zero but it appears that the input device for AUX2 is the input device for the LANDING MODE. So the solution to your problem is either to designate AUX2 as left flap and use the GEAR for the motor. If you do this you should set the gear output as MOTO rather than ACT as it gives you more options. Or, if the gear channel is used for the left flap, inhibit the output of AUX2 and pick AUX3 as your motor channel. For a seven channel receiver, use a program mix to redirect the output of AUX3 to AUX2.

Allan
AWorrest is online now Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:33 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Alan, I've tried 3 different programs all called Enigma, plus the Jade program you sent me.

I had one of them working perfectly except for the motor being tied to the flap system.

Your last note about the "attribute" or "feature...another word I love...solved the problem. As I had my ESC plugged into the AUX2, and tried many things to get it untied from the flap system, but you finally gave me the hint I needed.

AUX2 is now INH. As soon as I did that, it stopped actuating with the flap system, so 1st Hoorah for that.

AUX3 is now set to GEAR SW with its output to MOTO. PMIX1 is now mixing MOTO (AUX3) to AUX2) with positions set to +/-110%. The gear switch now makes motor run full tilt boogie, or hard brake. And is fully untied from the flap system. Yay.

Thank you very much Alan. There are several large clumps of hair in my shop and in my fingernails I can now go clean up.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:29 AM
Joined Jun 2008
254 Posts
hey guys helo

i have JR 11x and loving it. i have rx 1231 . i just had a bad day at flying and could not fly it. had edge 540 on a dle 30 cc. when i increased teh throttle to 30% vibration increased and my servos would automatically go up and down( some malfunction) . then i saw the reciever antenna led's they were blinking aswell. so i knew something was wrong. i again checked and found out that lights were stable and rx was responding normally till 30% throttle. but after 30% this problem came. i also took out reciever and antenna (3 in number) and hold it in my hand to remove vibration error. but this time even with reciver and antennas held in my hand. i saw a same problem. pls 11x users advice i need your help .
mahmoodmusaddi is offline Find More Posts by mahmoodmusaddi