Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:26 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
868 Posts
The channel assignments can found on the MONITOR menu. The function on the upper left corner of the screen is channel 1. (In the GLID mode, this is the left aileron for a normal type wing.) Below that in the left column is channel 2, and below that channel 3, etc. Continue the count with the upper right corner function. Channel 11 is the lower right function (most likely labeled AUX6).

Initially I should have suggested using the curve program mixes instead of the stick position switches. Mixes 4-6 can be either curve or normal (linear). Start with a newly cleared model slot for the GLID configuration. Inhibit the DUAL-FLAP as before. Also, inhibit the outputs of GEAR, FLAP, and AUX2 in the Device Sel. menu. Make certain all the rates on the first page of the LANDING MODE menu are set to zero. At this point the programming will diverge for the previous.

Activate PROGRAM MIX4 and select CURVE. Mix #ELEV -> FPRN. I will assume this time as I did before that you want the snap flap and throttle stick camber control to be full time. If you have cleared the model slot, underneath the channel -> channel mix it should read POS0. If it doesn't, highlight it and change it to POS0. Highlight SW SEL, press the roller and be certain all the select switches are in P0. Now unless your elevator stick is mechanically off-center, in the lower left corner of the menu screen it should read DEL. Press the bottom programming button to the left of the screen to delete point P-1. This point will be replaced by two other points. Below the graph it will probably read IN: 50 OUT: 0. In the lower left corner the message will be ADD. Pull the elevator stick back until it reads IN:40 and press the bottom programming button. This adds a point on the graph's horizontal axis. Now do this again with pushing the elevator stick forward. When the legend under the graph reads about IN:60, press the ADD programming button. To the left of the graph you should have four points with their IN and OUT values displayed. Select P-L OUT and change it to some value like +50. Next select P-H OUT and change it to -50. Leave P-1 OUT and P-2 OUT as zero. Your dead band is set by P-1 and P-2. Check the flap deflection to see if they are going in the correct direction with the elevator stick movement. If not, change the polarity of P-L and P-H. If you want to soften the break, turn EXP ON.

In a similar manner set up FSTK -> FRPN and FSTK -> ELEV in curve program mixes 5 and 6. It will be easier to set P-1 and P-2 as you won't be fighting a centering spring on the throttle stick.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:40 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
My only remaining question is, do you enjoy beer, and, may I please send you a case of your choosing?

Thank you so much Allan!!! You are a credit to RCGroups, I really appreciate the help.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:10 AM
Joined Jan 2009
175 Posts
Hallo,,
perhaps somebody can help.

Flying 11x ZERO since 6 month without no problem; but now the following problem:

if switching OFF the transmitter, the organge LED at the HF module is still burning !

So although the transmitter is turned OFF the HF module still gets some voltage.

Because I have two 11x I can say that it is no problem of the HF module; it must be a problem with the transmitter.

regards

Test
Test is offline Find More Posts by Test
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:22 AM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Hallo,,
perhaps somebody can help.

Flying 11x ZERO since 6 month without no problem; but now the following problem:

if switching OFF the transmitter, the organge LED at the HF module is still burning !

So although the transmitter is turned OFF the HF module still gets some voltage.

Because I have two 11x I can say that it is no problem of the HF module; it must be a problem with the transmitter.

regards

Test

The simple answer is to call HH on one of their toll free numbers and talk to a tech who specializes in the 11X .

On the web you will get, at best, well meaning guesses .
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:20 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
868 Posts
The 11X Zero and the 11X 2.4 sold in North America differ in a number of details. On my 11X 2.4 the red (maybe orange) light indicates that the transmitter logic is powered up while the RF section is not. This occurs at times when accessing various system list menus. It also will occur if you plug a trainer cord into the DSC socket. Unless you have a trainer cord plugged in and forgotten about, the problem will require the expertise of a service station. I doubt you will get much help from Horizon since the JR 11X Zero is not a product they sell. You will most likely have to contact the distributor for your 11X Zero.

Allan
Old Jun 26, 2011, 01:26 AM
Joined Jan 2009
175 Posts
Hi Allan,

I never used the 11x Zero at trainer cord or DSC.

It was funny:

both transmitters are in my hobby room;of course switched off. The last 4 days I was about 3 hours in this room and buliding a new aircraft.

On Friday morning I was also in the hobby room; everything was o.k.

Then comming back from work I noticed that the orange LED of one transmitter module was burning.

mmhhh.. really strange

I am comming from Europe and their is no JR service point in my country .....

regards

Test
Old Jun 26, 2011, 01:46 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
868 Posts
Test,

The comment about the trainer cord was tongue-in-cheek to emphasize the need to have the transmitter examined by someone who knows what he is doing. Rereading your posts, it is not even applicable. I misunderstood you were talking about the LED on the back and not the light on the front.

If you are in the US, it won't cost you phone Horizon. I don't expect you will get much as the 11X Zero in not a product they handle nor are the people who answer the phones bench type technicians. There are JR distributors in Europe. MacGregor in Great Britain is one.

Have you pulled out the module and check that the pins aren't bent or shorting? If you are comfortable with opening up the case, you could check if anything is shorting the switch. I wouldn't advise going beyond that, especially if the transmitter is still under warranty. I'm sending you a PM with one other suggestion.

Allan
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:20 AM
Joined Jan 2009
175 Posts
Hallo Allan,

it is a defect chip on the mainboard of the transmitter.

Regards

Test
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:22 AM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
868 Posts
Reflecting on your problem, I'm beginning to think that the 11X power is not simply turned off by a switch but requires a shut down sequence that is programmed in the transmitter. If that is the case, a defective chip or corrupted firmware would explain the bizarre behavior. It's good to know that you have the culprit identified.

Allan
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:40 PM
Central Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
186 Posts
Quote:
Reflecting on your problem, I'm beginning to think that the 11X power is not simply turned off by a switch but requires a shut down sequence that is programmed in the transmitter.
I believe you are correct Alan. Shortly after I bought my 11X I turned it off and, remembering something I had forgotten to check, turned it back on before it had completely shut down. The 11X then died completely! Wouldn't even turn on. I unplugged the battery for a minute or so, then plugged it back in. Everything was fine after that. I called Horizon the next day and they confirmed that everything should be OK. Scared the heck out of me though.

Dave
Justaflier is offline Find More Posts by Justaflier
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:01 AM
Joined May 2005
223 Posts
hi so were is the cheapest place to buy a 11x in the us?
and how are you liking the radio?
FLYING-HIGH is offline Find More Posts by FLYING-HIGH
Old Jul 04, 2011, 06:46 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,114 Posts
Mine was the deal of the year at $237 NIB!!

Divorce/ Estate sale; I told him I could give him everything I had in my wallet, which came to $237.

... I think most retailers are around $700, may be able to find one in the classifieds for $450-$500
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:34 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp View Post

The simple answer is to call HH on one of their toll free numbers and talk to a tech who specializes in the 11X .

On the web you will get, at best, well meaning guesses .
Lackey...
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:42 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
Allan just want to circle back up on this thread and thank you again. I have finally gotten my head around all the basics of the 11x programming and have been able to accomplish all my requirements, even some I never quite figured out on my Profi 4000.

In the end, to accomplish my goal of a so-called "4-axis" glider setup, all I had to do was disable all inputs except AUX2 in the Device List menu, then setup a few custom mixes, including one with curves using PROGRAM MIX 4.

Basically all your tips comprised the pieces of knowledge that I needed to be able to put the whole thing together, including using a stick position switch to turn on/off one mix. It's all very cool and I like it!!

Thanks again, you really helped me get over a hump with this radio. The good news (for me) is that almost all my gliders use the same basic setup, so I'm good to go for a while here... a nice feeling!!!

Thank you good sir! I hope Horizon hooks you up for all the free help you give them, you deserve it.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:40 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
430 Posts
I have a question about flap servo throw. It's been more than 10 years since I've programmed a full-house glider with my 10X, and I'm struggling with a part of the 11X programming of the F5B ship I'm building now.

I have the flap servos running off Aux1 and Aux2 Rx positions. I moved the throttle to the retract switch, and for some reason, the Ailerons are running off the Ail and Throt positions on the Rx. I didn't do anything to program that, but that's what's working. So be it.

I've been trying to get a basic program into the system so I can proceed with servo installation, and I can't get enough flap throw. I have flap servo throw adjustments set at +/-150% and the End Point Limits set at 150%. The flaps are operated of the Throttle Stick. Up Throttle is neutral flap. Down Throttle is full flap.

When I look at the servo monitor screen, the servos are moving from 0% to +100% only. I cannot get them moving from +100% to -100%. Been D**king with this since yesterday afternoon, and I know I'm missing something stupidly simple, but I'd appreciate any help you might offer.

Thanks.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice