SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2009, 06:57 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
AFAIK DSMJ does not have any functional or performance advantages over DSM2 other than being legal in those geographies where DSM2 is not.

The big mystery to me is what the "zero" hype is all about. On the surface marketing your shiny new product as a complete zero seems rather odd.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:09 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,971 Posts
Quote:
JR systems using DSMJ (AKA DSM3???) are being distributed in Europe and South Africa.
AFAIK DSMJ does not have CE certification (yet) and therefore would not be legal in Europe.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:46 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Its probably a great system........To me it looks like the 2009 version of Robbe The Robot.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:56 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,253 Posts
Quoting here from a team JR member on another forum.

"All of JR's Japanese releases are FHSS. The radios that come to the US are the same by physical appearance only- and even then some things are changed around slightly. Horizon takes the base program and their engineers modify it for the US market, and for all of the 2.4 radios now, they use a Spektrum RF board and antenna.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that JR has their own 2.4 modules, however they're not sold in the States. The JR Japan 2.4 modules resemble the Futaba modules.

If and when this radio is released in the States, it will be DSM."
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:46 AM
Joined Aug 2009
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer
Looks like a Transformer.................but I like it.

Tim
My first thought
g_mkoch is offline Find More Posts by g_mkoch
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:37 AM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic
What is the "Zero" technology?
It's all new design from "zero". The new OS have a lot of nice functions, such as 4 ailerons, 2 rudders, 2elevators mixing. 11X position as 9X upgrade, so the price will be not too high.
AirPac Models is offline Find More Posts by AirPac Models
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:51 AM
France
Joined Sep 2007
10 Posts
Airpac Models, do you have more news about it?

Thanks.
Interested also, I'll trade my 9303...
Primus2 is offline Find More Posts by Primus2
Old Oct 05, 2009, 09:00 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus2
Airpac Models, do you have more news about it?

Thanks.
Interested also, I'll trade my 9303...
I second that unless they make a module that could add these better functions. Then I'd use my X9303 as a backup radio, even though its not even 2 years old...

Airpac is that a hope that we all share or are you hearing something from a source?
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Oct 05, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:57 PM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Sorry, I can not say too much before getting trouble. Just a little hint, the set up function will looks like 12X + 14Mz, very user friendly. By the way 11x have SD card.........
AirPac Models is offline Find More Posts by AirPac Models
Old Oct 05, 2009, 10:35 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Looks either like optimus prime, or a cylon as someone else pointed out.

I'll stick with my Futaba 10CG for now.
I do love my fully assignable switches, back lit LCD panel and throttle linked timers
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 06, 2009, 12:28 AM
France
Joined Sep 2007
10 Posts
Quote:
By the way 11x have SD card.........
Primus2 is offline Find More Posts by Primus2
Old Oct 06, 2009, 01:41 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,416 Posts
Wow, if it has an SD card, someone must have kicked JR in the butt. That should have been standard issue on the 12X.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Oct 06, 2009, 02:18 AM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
honestly, I'm kind of in opposition to that trend.

the 12X has, imo, the closest to the optimal solution.

plenty of model memory, even the 9303's 30 is a pretty reasonable number. then, allow the TX to be cabled up to a computer, and save the memory files to the computer.

apparently, and I've not seen this for myself, the 12X PC-software also allows you to edit radio programming from your PC.

that's a real good idea.

IMO, the SD cards are a step in the wrong direction.

(12FG owner, with an SD card slot).
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Oct 06, 2009, 04:41 AM
Slovenia (odranci)
Joined Nov 2006
143 Posts
I don't know about you, but i like SD card in my 12fg. If sometimes my 12fg would have to be send to service i have all my data on SD card and i can use my data on another 12fg.
skorp_jon is offline Find More Posts by skorp_jon
Old Oct 06, 2009, 09:35 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,416 Posts
With a flash card of any sort you can store more models, easier to interface to a computer, able to update the Tx firmware for added features without having to send the radio away and if the software is done right, you could edit files on the PC then store the new file on the card, plug it in and off you go.

I've got both a 9303 and 12X. It is much more of a hassle to hook up the transmitter than simply taking out the card and putting it into a card reader. Plus there is the convenience factor. I have models that I haven't flown for a while but I do fly them. I store the setups for the unused ones on the PC. So if I decide I want to fly one of them, again, I have to hook up to the PC to get the program back into the TX. If I had massive flash card storage I'd just leave them there, with a backup copy on the PC. So decide to fly a model that hasn't flown in a while, no problem, take the Tx and go vs. having to hassle with getting it back into the PC.

The present JR solution for storage works and most people would think 30 or 50 models is more than sufficient yet there are those who want greater flexibility. Having it via a flashcard satisfies everyones needs, where as limiting it doesn't. Plus if a transmitter like the Polk tracker can have 100 memory slots why can't a top brand radio like the 12X have at least that?? JR has been far to conservative in adapting modern day electronics, hopefully with the 11X they will actually enter into the 21st century.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2