SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:20 PM
Right here
Joined May 2009
11 Posts
Discussion
Banana Hobby Customer Service

I just bought the A-10 with retracts from BH. I opened the package with the retracts for the wings and found one that wouldn't work. It was froze and I couldn't figure out why. I supposed that BH would have me return it; and they would get another out right away. I spent 2 hours or more in Live chat (I printed out 5 pages of dialogue) with Matthew and his supervisor Grace. He could not undrstand that it didn't require powering the servo up to see that the retract would not work. I was so angry (and still am) that he also refused to respond to my request to out right buy one; and never explained how customers get replacement parts. He also said that they only had one plane that had retracts in the wing and that was the F-16. As if to suggest that I had made this crap up. I was frankly insulted. I copied and pasted the address to THEIR web site with pictures that showed the retracts in the wing. He said he was getting his info from his technician. He suggested that I could call because the lines were slower and that I would get right through. I called 8 times and each time got the recording which would hang up at the end of the message rather than put me on hold til someone could answer the caller. I tell you, I have never been so disatisfied with a service in my life. And, I still have no idea how to fix my retract or wether they will do anything about any future problems I may have. What the ^%$#!!!
aileronjack is offline Find More Posts by aileronjack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:40 PM
Let the vortex pull my weight.
Joined Aug 2009
287 Posts
Their toll free number isn't answered Jack. You need to call the other number listed on their support page. You may have to wait for a bit for someone to answer.
Hasek is offline Find More Posts by Hasek
Old Oct 02, 2009, 06:36 AM
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
That sounds just like what happen to me (see Banana Hobby the worst experience ever). I'm over $300 in the hole and still have a F117 with burned out servo and ESC. This place is a total joke..It took me several days to contact them followed up with NO resolution to my problem.
HiTimeRCer is offline Find More Posts by HiTimeRCer
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:08 AM
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
hi call your credit card company stop the payment end of story move on enjoy the hobby
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422
Old Oct 02, 2009, 12:32 PM
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
DId just that...Hope everyone one on this web board tells their club members and friends what a scam Banana Hobby is. I just wished I would have read these postings prior to getting screwed. Just a note, seems like faulty electronics is a normal occurance here. Stay far away from BH....Period!
HiTimeRCer is offline Find More Posts by HiTimeRCer
Old Oct 03, 2009, 06:42 AM
Right here
Joined May 2009
11 Posts
Dude, It's these types of postings that save other guys the future headache that I am now experiencing. Your quick easy posting about how to handle my situation gives BH the paved highway to continue their sorry service. Of course I am moving on, we all get over it, and we all get a bad taste in our mouths afterward. But, if we never post our experiences (both good and bad) what the $%^& is this fourum for. Hopefully, BH will see our comments and implement some kind of a system to address the needs of it's customers not just their own quest for our money. They first need to get rid of that toll free number if no one is there to answer it. They then need to offer a page at the website to order replacement parts. And lastly, they should always (within reason) warranty their product for the first 30 days regardless of the issue. Every manufacturer in the country does that.
HiTimer, I had to replace the aileron Y-connector before I ever put it in the air. The aileron servos worked, but as I troubleshot the wiring I found that one of the leads off of the Y did not deliver signal to the servo. Did I call BH? %^&* No. What for? So I could wait in a ^&* Chat for two hours like I did the other night and get some village idiot that is trained in stall tactics 101? No, I went to the hobby shop and spent $7 on a new Y-connector that worked. BH is obviously not going to warranty their products. Lesson learned for me...Never Again
aileronjack is offline Find More Posts by aileronjack
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:19 PM
Let the vortex pull my weight.
Joined Aug 2009
287 Posts
Hasek is offline Find More Posts by Hasek
Last edited by Hasek; Nov 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM.