HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by steve wenban, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:57 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,381 Posts
Discussion
the slope fest for 09

Have to say I feel pretty good about the slope fest all the work that was put into setting it up and running the show was all worth while, everyone got lots of air time and lots of positive comments about the site. The fact that pilots leaving where booking the accomodation for 2010's event showed the genuine interest the event created . I personally have plenty of memories that will last a life time ,meeting some of the well known names On RCG and some absolute slope newbies who left the event totally hooked on slope flying
All the sponsors where absolutely teriffic and generous with there gifts and many at the event went home with more aircraft than they arrived with.
I think that next year More people will take the oppertunity to use the full week rather than the last long weekend now they know that the site is as good as it is .Stay tuned for Manilla Slope Fest 2010.
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:14 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Comments

Steve,

Great job with the event. Interesting hill for sure. Look fwd to the DS road being opened. Its reall strange how the area over the mats can get so bitter and twisted, yet is more laminar over the back.

Maybe we can ask Godfrey to "trim" some of the trees on the WNW slope (right of the windsok) so we can run and F3F event there, its was working really well saturday arvo, but not being able to see the right hand base makes it challenge for an event.

I guess I will weigh in on the combat. I dont call flying up to spec and hiding out and avoiding others, real combat. Taking people out is what its all about, which I had a lot if funing doing, but usually at other comps I have flown (NorCal, SoCal, Spain, UK, Europe) anyone hiding out so to speak, just gets heckled to hell.

I would like to see a situation where any winner has to have at least one kill, if you want to stay with the last man rule. Now we have COMBAT!

Regards

Richard
Numpt1E is offline Find More Posts by Numpt1E