Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 01, 2009, 01:24 PM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Discussion
New Skyartec Wasp 3 no longer binds with the transmitter

I am a newbie!

I just purchased a new Skyartec Wasp 3 with its SKY701 transmitter. I got it to bind twice to the transmitter. Now it does not bind to the transmitter at all. The batteries are fully charged on the heli & transmitter. I turn on the transmitter first per instructions, then plug in the battery to the heli. When I first plug the battery to the heli I hear a swoshing noise, then some tones and then the heli has steady beeps & the blue light on the head lock gyro just blinks.

I also, plugged the battery on the heli then turn the transmitter on afterwords just to see if that works, which it did not.

When it did bind twice before I would hear some music tones after I plugged in the battery on the heli after I turned on the transmitter.

I never crashed the heli or fooled with the transmitter settings.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ron
PS Last time I will order a heli from China!
rhong is offline Find More Posts by rhong
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2009, 09:44 PM
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, Michigan USA
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhong
I am a newbie!

I just purchased a new Skyartec Wasp 3 with its SKY701 transmitter. I got it to bind twice to the transmitter. Now it does not bind to the transmitter at all. The batteries are fully charged on the heli & transmitter. I turn on the transmitter first per instructions, then plug in the battery to the heli. When I first plug the battery to the heli I hear a swoshing noise, then some tones and then the heli has steady beeps & the blue light on the head lock gyro just blinks.

I also, plugged the battery on the heli then turn the transmitter on afterwords just to see if that works, which it did not.

When it did bind twice before I would hear some music tones after I plugged in the battery on the heli after I turned on the transmitter.

I never crashed the heli or fooled with the transmitter settings.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ron
You don't mention if you are in USA or Canada. If you have transmitter with long silver antenna you don't bind to receiver. If you have transmitter with short black plastic antenna, yes you might need to re "bind". I think you have transmitter that is 72 mHz and long silver antenna (sky701) and maybe a reset of ESC will work.
Follow these steps and let us know if it works:

1. Switch on transmitter, move throttle stick to top
2. Connect battery pack to ESC, and wait for about 2 seconds
"Beep-Beep-" tone should be emitted, means throttle range highest point has been correctly confirmed
3. Move throttle stick to the bottom, several "beep-" tones should be emitted, presenting the number of battery cells
A long "Beep-" tone should be emitted, means throttle range lowest point has been correctly confirmed
4. You should be ready to test fly
Max
www.skyartec-usa.com
skyartec-usa is offline Find More Posts by skyartec-usa
Old Oct 02, 2009, 06:49 AM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
I am in the US & the TX is the FM-PPM

I tried what you recommended.

When I turn on the TX all 3 lights are on.
I turn on the TX and move the throttle all the way up.
I connect the battery on heli to the esc.
I hear a series tones like before & then steady beeps, like before.
I wait a few seconds or more & then move the throttle all the way down.
I still hear steady beeps, no long beep (when I move the throttle all the way down the beeps stay the same).
I have done this numerous times.

The heli is still not connecting to the TX.

I appreciate all your help on the problem.
Ron
PS I just bought a DX6I, will this work with this heli? Of course I have to figure out how to configure it.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:09 AM
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
I tried what you recommended.

When I turn on the TX all 3 lights are on.
I turn on the TX and move the throttle all the way up.
I connect the battery on heli to the esc.
I hear a series tones like before & then steady beeps, like before.
I wait a few seconds or more & then move the throttle all the way down.
I still hear steady beeps, no long beep (when I move the throttle all the way down the beeps stay the same).
I have done this numerous times.

The heli is still not connecting to the TX.

I appreciate all your help on the problem.
Ron
PS I just bought a DX6I, will this work with this heli? Of course I have to figure out how to configure it.
Is switch at top left of tx, the one over the Left Stick; Is this switch pushed up or down? Down, is motor shutoff or "flameout" ; switched up it allows motor to start

try this and let me know again;

Yes, I agree that if you buy from US dealer it is a lot less expensive to return parts for exchange or repair.

Much discussion on this forum about setting up other radio for the WASP
Old Oct 02, 2009, 08:38 AM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Switch on top of TX, over the Left Stick

The switch is called Gear, is up. Switch (Flight Mode) on the right of the TX is up too.

Thank you for your prompt response,
Ron Hong
PS I ordered the heli from Ebay. Of course, I sent emails to the vendor in China and they are closed this whole week. When I went to their website, half of it is in Chinese, other half in English, very hard to navigate through it.

Shipping to China is $30, so it may be cheaper to order parts to fix it then to send it back, if they let me. It may take more than a month turn around time to get it back. When you order a heli from China it has to go through customs, further delaying shipment.

I have 3 other heli's ordered from the states and never had any problems with them.

This is the first FM heli I have used, I never had any problems with my other 3 heli's with 2.4ghz TX.

Also, I order parts from you recently. I am the one that tried to create a seperate address for my billing address to my shipping address. I am very pleased with your service and your prices.
Last edited by rhong; Oct 02, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: added more info
Old Oct 03, 2009, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
The switch is called Gear, is up. Switch (Flight Mode) on the right of the TX is up too.

Thank you for your prompt response,
Ron Hong
PS I ordered the heli from Ebay. Of course, I sent emails to the vendor in China and they are closed this whole week. When I went to their website, half of it is in Chinese, other half in English, very hard to navigate through it.

Shipping to China is $30, so it may be cheaper to order parts to fix it then to send it back, if they let me. It may take more than a month turn around time to get it back. When you order a heli from China it has to go through customs, further delaying shipment.

I have 3 other heli's ordered from the states and never had any problems with them.

This is the first FM heli I have used, I never had any problems with my other 3 heli's with 2.4ghz TX.

Also, I order parts from you recently. I am the one that tried to create a seperate address for my billing address to my shipping address. I am very pleased with your service and your prices.
Since you are in my area of michigan. We should arrange for you to get that heli to me so I can checkout the Tx/RX and see what we can do to get it running for you. I will attempt to get it all covered by the factory.
Call me to arrange something

Max
www.skyartec-usa.com
Old Oct 09, 2009, 02:51 PM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Sent Heli back to China

After a lot of correspondence via email, with a little language barrier I sent the transmitter & receiver back to the vendor in China to test them. The shipping charge was under $18.

Ron
PS I sent a video of the problem to the vendor.
Old Oct 09, 2009, 05:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
After a lot of correspondence via email, with a little language barrier I sent the transmitter & receiver back to the vendor in China to test them. The shipping charge was under $18.

Ron
PS I sent a video of the problem to the vendor.
No Problem. Glad it worked out for you and sorry we couldn't catch up to you sooner.
I was hoping to have an executive from Skyartec Factory look at it for me to help diagnois the problem

Max
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:20 AM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Still not resolved

Should have mailed the heli to you, since the vendor in China claims that they have not received the the RX and TX yet. It has been 2 months. I have since bought another heli (HBFP) from a vendor in the USA and it works fine.

Since I did not want to pay for the added expense for registered mail, it cannot be tracked. I will probably try to make the Sky Artec to use 2.4hz if I cannot get the issue resolved from China.

The vendor is:
Ebay : SMART-R-C
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Update to TX & RX sent to China

FYI:
I just got back the box with the TX & RX that I sent to SMART-R-C in China. The box made it to SMART-R-C in China, but the box said it was UNCLAIMED, so it was sent back to me.

Course I was upset, having spent over 3 months trying to get the problem resolved and only have the box returned back to me, unopened.

I contacted Max from skyartec-usa, who was gracious enough to accept the TX & RX that I had sent to China, to resolve my problem.

Max had been a godsend and very helpful to newbie's like me.

Thanks Max!