SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:10 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Cool
Info for accessing G-Force/Airspeed/Altitude sensors with your microcontroller

Here's the information on accessing our G-Force, Altimeter V4/V3 and Airspeed V3 Microsensors with your own microcontroller/firmware project:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/supp...sensor-i2c.pdf
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Jul 18, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
Alam
RENO
Joined Aug 2007
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Here's the information on accessing our Altimeter and Airspeed V3 Microsensors with your own microcontroller/firmware project:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Please mentioned the pin number and the micro-controller part number with where the I2C signals are terminating.

Thanks.
Fakhre Alam
FAKHREALAM is offline Find More Posts by FAKHREALAM
Old Sep 28, 2009, 05:22 AM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
thats just sudo code. its not targeted at any particular micro. Once I get a alt/speed sensor, I'll see if I can get my favorite micro, a Propeller, to talk to it. I've had luck with i2c on it before.

first I need the altimeter/speed sensors for my elogger
firehopper is offline Find More Posts by firehopper
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:30 PM
MN
Joined Jun 2007
64 Posts
Is there a pin out of the sensor connector(s)? I didn't see it mentioned in the manuals.
n0qbh is offline Find More Posts by n0qbh
Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
thats true. we dont know which one is clock and which one is data, the v+ and ground are pretty much a sure thing
Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:36 PM
USA
Joined Nov 2004
90 Posts
I have been able to get both airspeed and altimeter working with the following connections:

Red wire: 5V
White wire: Ground
Yellow wire: SDA
Brown wire: SCL
vassilis is offline Find More Posts by vassilis
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
nice now all I need is a alt/speed sensor of my own
Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:06 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Thanks for the questions. I have updated the manual (link above) to answer them all, I think. Vassilis, thanks for posting the pinout. I can't believe I forgot to include that.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:23 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,826 Posts
We will be releasing PIC source code and schematics for making an interface for our telemetry system that allows you to access any of the Eagletree sensors. You can also plug it into the eLogger's LCD port and have all of the LCD data returned as telemetry info. This would let you format the information using the Eagletree's software.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
Seattle, Washington, United States, University of Washington
Joined Feb 2003
432 Posts
Hello Bill,

Is there any chance Eagle Tree might also release the information for accessing the variometer from your own microcontroller as you have already done with the Altimeter and Airspeed sensor?

Thanks. -John Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Here's the information on accessing our Altimeter and Airspeed V3 Microsensors with your own microcontroller/firmware project:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
jbeanelliott is online now Find More Posts by jbeanelliott
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:11 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Jim, cool stuff!

John, good to hear from you. There's a way to do this, but it's not ready for prime time. The recorder will output the airspeed, altitude and a few other parameters using "NMEA" RS323 sentences via the transmitter port. We did this as a custom project, so it's not kept up to date, but I'd like for us to productize this eventually.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2009, 09:32 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3 Posts
Is there any way to switch the sensor from “Eagle Tree” mode to “Third Party” mode without the eLogger V3 ? I don't have a eLogger V3, just a V1
markgriffin is offline Find More Posts by markgriffin
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:37 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to do this. If you have not purchased the sensor already, and you order it from us, we can do the modification here - just put a note in the "notes" section. Alternatively, maybe there's someone at an RC flying club near you who could loan you one?

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:07 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3 Posts
Hi Bill,
That's a shame as I already have received 2 new airspeed sensors which from what you are saying are now useless. I live in a remote location and don't have a club nearby and don't know of anyone with a V3. I should have checked this aspect before I ordered them. It is not worth sending them to USA and back. I can access the i2c bus ok but simply don't know what commands to send to switch it to "third party" mode.
Does anyone else know?
Regards, Mark
markgriffin is offline Find More Posts by markgriffin
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:55 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Mark,

The problem is that the third party setting is sent with a "big blob" of calibration data to the sensor. There's not a separate command to turn on/off that mode. In hindsight that would have been preferable. Let me think about this - I may be able to come up with some solution. But, hopefully you'll be able to track down somebody local sooner.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor