SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:36 PM
Larry
Tujunga
Joined Jan 2009
1,096 Posts
If only in a dream
Prop'er is offline Find More Posts by Prop'er
Last edited by Prop'er; Feb 18, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,300 Posts
For all you boy's with bucks to burn. You could legally drive this on Hansen lake. 2200 HP electric motor Cigarette.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:25 PM
USA
Joined Jun 2010
338 Posts
Well it was good to see everybody! see some new faces and some fast boats!! really fast...Thanks for the pizza Rik!! Right on time~~~Bobby , gotta get ya some Lipos!!! Looking foward to gettin back N 2 it! And Ray thanks for pointers!!! Very helpful!!!Hey proper enjoy!!! and Thanks!!!
knightmoto is offline Find More Posts by knightmoto
Last edited by knightmoto; Feb 17, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:32 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Joined Apr 2007
3,266 Posts
Saturday was great ! Always good to see everyone out at the dam. And it fit the bill for me and Krystle!!! She actually said she would go hang out with her old dad !
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:02 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,711 Posts
saturday HDV

Triumphant Saturday!!!.......It's amazing what a Warm 83 degree Winter Day will bring out......Just a Epic Day of Fun and Laughter,Great Tri oval Fun and Straight line Runs...We had Too many to Count out on Saturday...Highlight moment's.... Manny Coming out on Saturday and with Krystle His Daughter..awesome Manny!..Then we had oldy but Goody Violator!.....Mr Knightmoto Making a Welcomed special appearance long time coming Thanks also for the Awesome Rc's you let go and Brought on Sat...I know Larry is really Happy!!!............also.We Had Phong come out with Special Build Boat Recovery for Beneath H2o..didnt recover his broken Arrow boat did recover Lu's long lost Mini Rio..lol....also..had lots of new Boats out and New Combos....Then We Had Carlos our Violator Top MPH Dog break his own record again!!...75mph on Radar...and 73 on his onboard GPS!!!.....Awesome Carlos.... Thaanks also FARBAR Joe for Hooking up Blackjack Ernie with the Formula Fastech.......many other New mph records for our Group and Too Much Fun!!....I do have to Say we are having a Bigger and Bigger Blast every Saturday!!!..Thaank's everyone one again....Hope Fully the Pics and Vids will finish the Rest of the Great Saturday Story...So many great great new boat builds by everyone!!....Till next SAturday....Stay Thirsty my Friend's....
rikyrik2112 is offline Find More Posts by rikyrik2112
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Feb 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:29 PM
Larry
Tujunga
Joined Jan 2009
1,096 Posts
That Carlos has got some skills!
Prop'er is offline Find More Posts by Prop'er
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:40 AM
USA
Joined Jun 2010
338 Posts
Anybody know where I can get the best deal on a lipo charger that charges up to 4 lipos at a time? Thanks!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
Hay John. Hobby partz has one you can look at.
ROB34 is offline Find More Posts by ROB34
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmoto View Post
Anybody know where I can get the best deal on a lipo charger that charges up to 4 lipos at a time? Thanks!!!!!!!!
I Do!!!!.....I Do!.......Theres a place called Robin's Hobby!!!...or.......Fun RC Boats!!.....................HiTec X4 and HiTec X4 AC......Best Price in Town!!!....Tell them Cal Worthington sent you.....Thats the Secret PassWord!!..But Don't Tell no one!!..lol....
rikyrik2112 is offline Find More Posts by rikyrik2112
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,300 Posts
And an extra bonus discount if you mention his dog "Spot"
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:26 PM
USA
Joined Jun 2010
338 Posts
Who's spot?................................... ................................Thankx guys!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:40 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,300 Posts
"My Dog Spot" ads
For nearly a quarter-century, from the 1960s until the 1990s, Worthington ran a series of offbeat television and radio advertisements for his auto dealerships patterned loosely after the pioneering "oddball" advertisements of Earl "Madman" Muntz. They were known as the "My Dog Spot" ads because each commercial would introduce "Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!" However, the "dog" was never a dog. In most cases, it was an exotic animal being led around on a leash, such as a tiger or elephant. These commercials began as a parody of a long-running series of commercials produced by salesman Chick Lambert, who worked for multiple Los Angeles-area Ford dealers over many years. These commercials invariably began with "I'm Chick Lambert, Sales Manager here at Ralph Williams Ford, and this is my dog, Storm." Storm was a German Shepherd, who was usually lounging on the hood of the first car to be featured in the ad.
Worthington's commercials were seen on every television channel in Los Angeles throughout the 1960s and early 1970s, mostly through saturation advertising during the overnight hours. The commercials would be accompanied by a jingle set to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It" with the lyrics re-written to the refrain of "If you want a car or truck, go see Cal, if you want to save a buck, go see Cal" or "Give a new car to your wife, she will love you all her life", with "Go see Cal" repeated numerous times. When the idea of a jingle was first pitched to him, it was conceptualized as slow with a big roll up of drums; Worthington disagreed and felt the song should be fast and wrote the lyrics and recorded the song himself.[1] The jingle was successful. In the years following, Worthington discovered that there were children who thought that his name was "Go see Cal."[1]
Among the many creatures that were featured as "Spot" were a killer whale from SeaWorld, a lion, an elephant, a goose, a tiger, various snakes, a rhinoceros, a skunk, a bear, a roller-skating chimpanzee, a carabao (water buffalo), and a hippopotamus. In addition to the many animals that were featured, one of Cal Worthington's "Spots" was Deacon Jones, at the time one of the "Fearsome Foursome" of the NFL's Los Angeles Rams, who sang the "Go See Cal" jingle. Worthington made deals with two local circuses to obtain animals for the commercial shoots. He also made use of individual owners who commonly leased their animals to film and television shoots in nearby Hollywood.[1]
In some commercials, Worthington would claim he would do a stunt for a sale, such as eating a bug or "stand upon my head 'til my ears are turning red." According to a spokesman for the Television Bureau of Advertising, Worthington "is probably the best known car dealer pitchman in television history."

go see cal (3 min 17 sec)

Last edited by Kmot; Feb 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:32 PM
USA
Joined Jun 2010
338 Posts
Oh, that spot!............................................. .................Thanks Kmot!! He He
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:22 PM
Joined Feb 2013
18 Posts
what ever.
chriskross is offline Find More Posts by chriskross
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:38 PM
Joined Feb 2013
18 Posts
My puppy.
chriskross is offline Find More Posts by chriskross