HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:44 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,991 Posts
Hey Rick, your new black cat looks pretty awesome, inside and out!

So, the Hansen Race Track now has Armco Barrier around it I see!
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:52 PM
Larry
Tujunga
Joined Jan 2009
1,117 Posts
Nice Picture of your #11 Monster Cat...
Good video coverage below too...
Prop'er is online now Find More Posts by Prop'er
Last edited by Prop'er; Aug 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:21 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,768 Posts
Hey Thanks Guy's..It was hard to figure out a course on the on roadtrack Tom!!...........Here is The Maiden Voyage of the Monster Cat...Warming up with ERIC....I thought I was in trouble when I saw my cat bouncing terrible at low speed,I think due to the over Cautious 39mm prop.....I used a 440 that was cut down even to b smaller and unloaded...This combo I usually use 45 or 48 mm prop,but when I finally started to give it sum throttle well it was like a Mercedes,lol...Smooth,didnt hear hardly any motor scream and was plenty faast...for first run..........
8-19-12 028 (6 min 13 sec)
rikyrik2112 is offline Find More Posts by rikyrik2112
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,768 Posts
Ok you guy's found the best RC ever for HD......We can take turns driving,and someone need's to be on the Dock with a Transmitter With good acting skill's........
Seabreacher Shark Boat Sea Breacher ! (2 min 59 sec)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
USA
Joined Jun 2010
338 Posts
Hey nice build Rik! thats a pretty cool looking cat! what the length of that hull? very nice!
knightmoto is offline Find More Posts by knightmoto
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,991 Posts
http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_213...-dam-triathlon
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:46 AM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmoto View Post
Hey nice build Rik! thats a pretty cool looking cat! what the length of that hull? very nice!
Hey Thank's Knightmoto!!!!.......the Hull length is 33"....hey cool Tom...you know that they must of had a hell of a time with the heat to run in a Triathlon...but nice to see in local paper....Thanks....
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:05 AM
Joined Nov 2011
13 Posts
So I'm thinking about getting into RC boats (already do planes, helis, and cars). Is the lake at Hansen Dam a paid membership club thing, or can noobs like myself just go and see if I like it? That leads me to my next question, are the new guys welcomed here or are they looked at as if they were a disease? Thanks.

Edit: No idea if this is the right thread for these questions, I just goggled Hansen Damn rc and this thread popped up as the most active.

I just want to get into this hobby because it seems relaxing and fun. I would like to be able to take my dogs with me and maybe some snacks/drinks and just have fun at the lake. Also, I would like to take my Super Cub on floats, if this is even allowed of course.
sgonzo818 is offline Find More Posts by sgonzo818
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:01 AM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonzo818 View Post
So I'm thinking about getting into RC boats (already do planes, helis, and cars). Is the lake at Hansen Dam a paid membership club thing, or can noobs like myself just go and see if I like it? That leads me to my next question, are the new guys welcomed here or are they looked at as if they were a disease? Thanks.

Edit: No idea if this is the right thread for these questions, I just goggled Hansen Damn rc and this thread popped up as the most active.

I just want to get into this hobby because it seems relaxing and fun. I would like to be able to take my dogs with me and maybe some snacks/drinks and just have fun at the lake. Also, I would like to take my Super Cub on floats, if this is even allowed of course.
No club fees, no club ! Everyone is welcome at Hansen Dam. Come on by the guys usually start setting up about 8am on Saturday.
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:25 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,768 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy View Post
No club fees, no club ! Everyone is welcome at Hansen Dam. Come on by the guys usually start setting up about 8am on Saturday.
Yup,like Gpzy said no Fees for club.no fees to get on H20 or parking...come on down SGonzo818,your'e are next contestant on Hansen Dam Relaxing and Fun!!!..............
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Nov 2011
13 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I went by in the afternoon today to check out the place. I noticed that there were fishermen there, do they grief you guys for boating while they are there trying to fish?

PS. I did see a truck in the parking lot with Violoators sticker.

Now it is time for me to figure out what boat to buy.
sgonzo818 is offline Find More Posts by sgonzo818
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:26 PM
USA
Joined Jun 2010
338 Posts
UL 1 for sale... good condition... cheap...
knightmoto is offline Find More Posts by knightmoto
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:35 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,768 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. I went by in the afternoon today to check out the place. I noticed that there were fishermen there, do they grief you guys for boating while they are there trying to fish?

PS. I did see a truck in the parking lot with Violoators sticker.

Now it is time for me to figure out what boat to buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmoto View Post
UL 1 for sale... good condition... cheap...
Yup that was me sgonzo818...Were you there with girlfriend and stayed a little while?..Whaazup there Knighmoto...no.... not... the abbazabba ul-1.....????....lol..is it!!?
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Aug 26, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:23 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,768 Posts
Hansen DAm,weather just perfect!...Sunny,warm,clear sky's and Good H20 Condition's threw out the Day!...Really had a great Day,good bud's,,good Coversation's ,good variety of thing's going on...Had new boats ,old ones....Had Brooklyn,Barnacle Bob,Rob,Ironman Chad,Honda Matt,Dennis,Ed,CrissX,had BrAAAD,Richard the Terrible,Juan,Nicholas,Phong,Glenn or Linn,..lol...had Master Gary,Fred our Violator Secret Fisherman,Edgar,Prop'er,Had Mechanic Chris...hope I didnt miss anyone..oh wait last minute drop by from Airboat Richard...Also the Famous Italian Hemet boy's cum down 4 sum fun!!also when we were leaving...Tui...his brother,and wife and friend..with awesome Sheetboats.....thanks everyone for the Great Time!!!!...p.s also had our usual spot taken by a kool Trailor that had Airco,big screen Guitar hero at back and 15 screens playstation inside...
8 26 12 091 (0 min 55 sec)
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Aug 26, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
hay rick nice pic's
ROB34 is offline Find More Posts by ROB34