HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:03 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,571 Posts
Discussion
Oops!

To low and to slow during a turn and stalled it. I don't feel real bad because the bird was a pain to build. 10e Hyperion Cessna. It was the only tri-cycle gear bird in the fleet and it was sure pretty in the air on a flyby.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2009, 06:08 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
Hyperion Cessna

Shame about the damage. I have one of these too, but it flies pretty stably and with no tendency to tip stall so I am surprised that you stalled.

What size Lipo do you use in yours ? I fly mine on a 1700 mAh 3S, using a Hyperion motor and 2.4GHz Rx.

When you say it was a pain to build what do you mean ? I found the biggest problem was accessing the firewall to mount the motor. I had to put quite a bit of downthrust in because the stock setup has the motor pointing upwards. In fact I still have to fly with down elevator to fly level !

Good luck with the repairs - glass fibre cloth and resin on the inside, and some sanding and respraying I expect !

David
DJacksonUK is offline Find More Posts by DJacksonUK
Old Oct 01, 2009, 08:45 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJacksonUK
Shame about the damage. I have one of these too, but it flies pretty stably and with no tendency to tip stall so I am surprised that you stalled.

What size Lipo do you use in yours ? I fly mine on a 1700 mAh 3S, using a Hyperion motor and 2.4GHz Rx.

When you say it was a pain to build what do you mean ? I found the biggest problem was accessing the firewall to mount the motor. I had to put quite a bit of downthrust in because the stock setup has the motor pointing upwards. In fact I still have to fly with down elevator to fly level !

Good luck with the repairs - glass fibre cloth and resin on the inside, and some sanding and respraying I expect !

David
Mine is all stock hyperion gear as on the box. Using a 2100 FlightPower pack shoved to the backside of the motor. The pain in the build was getting the motor and battery tray mounted. Hyperion missed the proper angle for thrust on the ply backing on every one I ever read about. I was just going to slow and to low when it stalled. I doubt I'll rebuild it but...ya never know. The 2100 still left mine tail a little tail heavy and I did washer it for down & right thrust as well. I won't buy another one. Although I might chop it up into a 150 Cessna.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert