Closed Thread
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:49 AM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
Discussion
Help with Dx6i mix for Easy Glider Pro

I don't want to use a y harness for ails and activate dual ailerons for dx6i and ar500. JUST to get rudder to work.

Is there a mix so i can fly this without y harnessing the ails?

I just need to get rudder to work.

Any mixes that will allow rudder to work with ailerons??

If so please post.

Seems as though I can't slave the rudder with the ailerons when the ails are on separate channels(2). It's almost like I need a y-harness.
outngo is offline Find More Posts by outngo
Last edited by outngo; Sep 26, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:10 AM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outngo
I don't want to use a y harness for ails and activate dual ailerons for dx6i and ar500. JUST to get rudder to work.

Is there a mix so i can fly this without y harnessing the ails?

I just need to get rudder to work.

Any mixes that will allow rudder to work with ailerons??

If so please post.

Seems as though I can't slave the rudder with the ailerons when the ails are on separate channels(2). It's almost like I need a y-harness.
just enable DUALAIL, and use AUX on RX for the second aileron, i dont remember if right aileron, or left one. If you dont figure it it out, the Flaps/Spoilers will not work correctly.
nodirbek13 is offline Find More Posts by nodirbek13
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:11 AM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodirbek13
just enable DUALAIL
Tried it but nothing, Dual ail only works when when 2 ails are y harnessed to a single channel.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
Tried it but nothing, Dual ail only works when when an 2 ails are y harnessed to a single channel.
wow you are quick to answer. I was editing my post.

I fly both EasyStar and EasyGlider with ailerons on separate channels (AIL, AUX)

wait a few minutes, i'll go, get my RX from the car.

Update: i'm back. I've never tried with AR500, I only have AR6100 and AR6200. Both work the same way. I have one wing on AIL, another on AUX on my RX. The WingTailMixing should have DUALAILE enabled (ACT), V-TAIL and ELEVON disabled (INH). Then you can adjust the trimming and travel for the second aileron by ajusting FLAPS in the TRAVEL ADJ or SUB TRIM menus. The position of the FLAPS/SPOILERS can be adjusted in the FLAPS menu, by first selecting the desired position on the actual FLAPS switch, and then setting the desired value in on the screen.

hope that helps
Last edited by nodirbek13; Sep 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:39 AM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
Ok thanks I'll try it, oh and do you have a dx6i?

Tried and nothing

What is your D/R sw set on?

What do your mix menus look like?

One or two mixes?
Last edited by outngo; Sep 26, 2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:47 AM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
Ok thanks I'll try it, oh and do you have a dx6i?

Tried and nothing

What is your D/R sw set on?

What do your mix menus look like?

One or two mixes?
Yes, I also use a DX6i
Dual Rates don't have any thing to do with it. For EasyGlider, i dont use it.
Both Mixes are not used.

DIFFERENTIAL for Dualaileron Rate set to 0 percent
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Oh..that's weird. It says it's a five channel, but with a channel for a landing gear, I count six. Maybe the issue is in the particular choice of the RX.
Let's see if anyone else used separate channels for ailerons on AR500
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:00 PM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
ar500 is perfect for gliders (full range), your 6100 is only really a park RX lol, i hope you don't speck it out too high up.

I'm just buying a y harness tired of this, but thanks for trying to help man.

Then with the y harness I can plug it in the main ail channel and enable dual ail.

and plug my rudder into the 2nd ail ch.

and all should work. Thanks again I guess it won't work without y harness. Dx6i just doesn't seem to have a mix for slaving 3 seperate channels to work together
Last edited by outngo; Sep 26, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
ar500 is perfect for gliders (full range), your 6100 is only really a park RX lol, i hope you don't speck it out to high up.
indeed, but the AR6100 is in an Easy Star. I fly the Easy Glider with an AR6200.

The AR500 is still a 5channel, so i guess the outputs of the AIL are just multiplexed. some one will correct me if I am wrong.
That still does not explain why the ailerons are not working for you.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:06 PM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
Quote:
indeed, but the AR6100 is in an Easy Star. I fly the Easy Glider with an AR6200.

The AR500 is still a 5channel, so i guess the outputs of the AIL are just multiplexed. some one will correct me if I am wrong.
That still does not explain why the ailerons are not working for you.
The ails work just not the rudder, i have to plug rudder into second ail ch to get it to work, but then the other ail plugged into the rudder won't work. It's not the rx, its the dx6i failure to mix 3 things together without y harness.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:07 PM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
ar500 is perfect for gliders (full range), your 6100 is only really a park RX lol, i hope you don't speck it out too high up.

I'm just buying a y harness tired of this, but thanks for trying to help man.

Then with the y harness I can plug it in the main ail channel and enable dual ail.

and plug my rudder into the 2nd ail ch.

and all should work. Thanks again I guess it won't work without y harness. Dx6i just doesn't seem to have a mix for slaving 3 seperate channels.
plug the rudder into the RUDD, and the Y-harness into any of the AIL, you may find out if one of the AIL ports might not work (since you are having issues with plugging the ailers separately)
if you want to mix the ailerons with rudder use MIXers.

so your problem is the RUDD port on the RX

Perhaps you come from high end transmitters. It's not as easy to redefine channels, for example using an AIL channel for rudder, RUDD channel for elevators...ELEV for something else.. on DX6i
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:09 PM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
so what would the mix screen look like?
I really need to see someones mix screen for this.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:15 PM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
so what would the mix screen look like?
I really need to see someones mix screen for this.
slaving all three in the same direction will just bring your plane into a spiral dive, I guess you a trying to compensate with rudder while banking, to hold the altitude?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:18 PM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
Quote:
I guess you a trying to compensate with rudder while banking, to hold the altitude?
What? No man?? I'm trying to get rudder to work WITH THE AILS that's all.

Well dx6i wont do it, I can either solder both ails together and plug it in 1 channel(main ail) or get a harness and then put rudder plug into ail aux port.

THE END.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:29 PM
Denmark
Joined Aug 2005
39 Posts
Quote:
What? No man?? I'm trying to get rudder to work that's all.

Well dx6i wont do it, I can either solder both ails together and plug it in 1 channel(main ail) or get a harness and then put rudder plug into ail aux port.

THE END.
Ok, when ppl start to switch to CAPS, the only thing left to say is to hand you the manual http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...imanualweb.pdf

why would one try mixing 3 channels for AIL and RUDDER if you want to use dedicated AIleron and Rudder sticks separately.
good luck with the quest.

AR500: This receiverís unique configuration has aileron ports allowing left and a right aileron servos to be plugged into the receiver independently without the need of a Y-harness. - no setup required on dxi
Closed Thread