SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:42 PM
dying to be flying
Merced, CA
Joined Jun 2004
984 Posts
Discussion
Housefly powered airplane

Some people have way too much time on their hands or have very limited hobby funds. http://www.wonderhowto.com/wondermen...t-747-0113368/
thrasher is offline Find More Posts by thrasher
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2009, 09:17 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
I remember seeing this done in the `60's using microfilm-covered indoor models. Various types of flying insects were used - flys, moths, bees, locusts, etc., depending upon the amount of thrust/weight ratio needed for a particular model. One annoyance was having your model land and `taxi' across the ceiling!!!
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:00 PM
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
Bumble Bees & Horse Fly's

Hey Zaurka3: You are absolutley correct, I was fairly young back then, mid-twenties, and there was a an article in one of the Hobby Mags, not sure which one, doesn't matter! Well even though I was very active then, also I had a young Son who was interested in just about everything that came down the Turnpike! Yeah, you guessed it, we built a whole darn Air Force w/Horsefly's and Bumblebees! Was fun then, my Oldest Son who now is in his mid-fifties brings it up every now and then. with a, Hey Dad, do you remember when, lol, Goes like lightning Guy's, enjoy every moment in this most wonderful, craziest hobby on earth! Later: TripleXNitro
Triplexnitro is offline Find More Posts by Triplexnitro