HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Discussion
Got the Blade MSR!

Ok so i just got my Blade MSR!! yay!

turns out that UPS DID deliver on the 3rd day... but delivered to the office of the apartments building, and those idiots didn't mention about it.

So anyways two days after, I'm here with my new blade msr!!!

Crashed it like 8 times now LOL but it is a tough little guy, though i always turned the rotor OFF when i saw it was about to crash..

My gf wanted to fly it... so i let her.... she crashed it and didn't turn off the rotor...

I got mad, she got mad with me... LOL

Oh well, you know...

Well thing is, i centered all of the trim buttons, and well i tried it outside...

This guy FLIES FAST OMG HAX.

(oh, did i mention my gf thought it was going to crash from 30 mts high and she just turned off the rotor... and the blade msr fell like the coyote from the road runner series. THX GOD i was flying it over grass so the fall wasn't bad at all. Tall grass FTW)

Anyway (yeah I'm still mad with my gf) it hovers really good yeah. It has though 4 channels... which well i still have to dominate.

And yeah that's pretty much it. The little guy is really hot. Hovers really good, even though I'm thinking i can even trim it better to just sit there flying more stable.

Thanks again Jasmine for your suggestion on getting this one as my first heli

I bet i wouldn't be able to handle like... AT ALL, an aerobatic one. Hells no.
Sir Minelli is offline Find More Posts by Sir Minelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Oh that post is full of win

Good endorsement of the little thing. I'm never quite sure about these beginner things until I read stuff like that - and I've read a lot of posts like yours about the mSR. When you get some experience, you'll be able to fly anything, and it might seem easy, but you really need to have the word of a total noob to be sure it's as easy as you think it is.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:59 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
it might seem easy, but you really need to have the word of a total noob to be sure it's as easy as you think it is.
Why do i feel that the word "noob" is pointing at me

hahaha.

My flight experience outside wasn't that good though because there was wind so.... it kept getting driven away. Not good for when you are first time trying to controlling it hahah.

Oh one more thingy, currently I'm charging it.
Those red lights still blink but they go off like for 30 seconds and then blink once.. Should i unplug the electra charger already or.. should i just wait till they FULLY stop blinking?

Oh and... should i be able to move the blades like.. to the right or left? 360 wise? Because i can o.o
Last edited by Sir Minelli; Sep 25, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:04 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Charging is covered in the manual. Don't unplug the charger and leave the batteries in the charging spots. The blades should be a little loose, but the screws in the blade grips should be all the way in, without being too tight - those screws will back out sometimes and get a little loose, so check them periodically.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Charging is covered in the manual. Don't unplug the charger and leave the batteries in the charging spots. The blades should be a little loose, but the screws in the blade grips should be all the way in, without being too tight - those screws will back out sometimes and get a little loose, so check them periodically.

Yeah the blades are kinda loose, sorry i was talking about the rotor thingy i think.

Anyways yeah, i can just unplug the charger and then take out the batteries right o.O that's the correct way of doing so?

I'm looking at the manual but currently haven't found that specific part.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:53 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Oh damnit, not good. I just kinda broke it.
:s

I see what happened, I'm trying to fix.

Geez, first day and it kinda broke already.

I'll have to be more careful next time. Flying on wind is not a good idea... Nor to accelerate that much >.<
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:57 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Ok i think i just fixed it.

Bad thing about it is that i bet that if i crash again it might happen the same :s

One of those screws popped, and i had to re-insert it
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:06 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Yeah this is one reason I haven't done my review video yet - waiting to see what the common problems are. Sounds like you lost the Jesus bolt?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:25 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
I'm not sure what is that, but the thing is i fixed it.

Edit: Ok i saw what the Jesus bolt was, and no. Fortunately i didn't.

Now i crashed again and... well one of those "Thin soft landing sticks" broke

Just one side. I guess i should glue it? :'(

Today is not my day :s

I should stop flying till i go to a closed big area :'(
Last edited by Sir Minelli; Sep 25, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:53 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Hard to glue that material whatever it is. Might be able to tape it, but it would get off balance. You must be crashing pretty hard to break those. An open area is good, but it doesn't need to be big. Probably you are just pushing your abilities. Try switching it to low rates and fly slow and learn to maintain altitude, that way you can stay above the furniture which will effectively give you a bigger area to work with.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:58 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Can i do that with the basic controller?

I don't have the DX7 or something.

Every time i take off it will move to the left or somewhere else instead of going right up >.<

All the trims are centered though.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:58 PM
Waiting for parts
At the repair bench. BC, Canada
Joined Jun 2008
216 Posts
Be careful with CA!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109842

I had a close call with it.
6788 is offline Find More Posts by 6788
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:07 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6788
Be careful with CA!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109842

I had a close call with it.

Thanks for the advice, i used super glue though / Gel.

Just applied a tiny bit to this plastic part of the landing gear.

Just a tiny bit to see if it will work or not. If not, I guess I'll go for tape or something, but the thing is that tape will be hard because of the place it broke.

I'm guessing i will be needing to ship a landing gear or something -_- Maybe i should get the whole "Glow in the dark" Set
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Minelli
Can i do that with the basic controller?

I don't have the DX7 or something.

Every time i take off it will move to the left or somewhere else instead of going right up >.<

All the trims are centered though.
There should be instructions for how to set the low rates - I forget what the procedure is for the little radio. It might need some trim - it should hover in one spot when you take hands off. Also make sure the tail rotor has the same right-ward slant as the main shaft, and check the flybar isn't bent and the paddles are parallel with each other.

It is normal for a helicopter with tail rotor to push to the left a little bit, when it is perfectly level - that is the reason for the right-ward slant on the main shaft. So during take off, it will go to the left, but in flight it should be still. I usually hand-launch mine because of that reason.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:20 PM
Joined Sep 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
There should be instructions for how to set the low rates - I forget what the procedure is for the little radio. It might need some trim - it should hover in one spot when you take hands off. Also make sure the tail rotor has the same right-ward slant as the main shaft, and check the flybar isn't bent and the paddles are parallel with each other.

It is normal for a helicopter with tail rotor to push to the left a little bit, when it is perfectly level - that is the reason for the right-ward slant on the main shaft. So during take off, it will go to the left, but in flight it should be still. I usually hand-launch mine because of that reason.

The paddles are not perfectly straight. One is going a bit down to the left.
Is that normal?

Edit: Added the precision swashplate calibration tool... Now really down to the left.

I'm guessing that that is the reason for it to go to the left?

What to do O.O

Meh i have seen some videos, and this one is half stable compared to the ones on the video.

Maybe i crashed it too much already :s

Another Edit: I think i should take it easy. I saw another video and the paddles were the same, one a bit down. For a minute a thought that those needed to be perfectly aligned. I'm guessing I'll just glue that part and try maybe trimming a bit.

Oh god, now i lost control of the right throttle.

I try to move it to the right or left and sometimes it wont move and will only sound..

I wonder how much will this be on repairs.

Another edit: meh the sound was this "thing" touching against the canopy.

I removed the canopy right side and the sound is gone but... when i try to trim , it reaches a certain lvl, and it will start to sound constantly.

(I'm not talking about the trimming last beeps, but another sound)

Anyway yeah, sounds like a repair.
Last edited by Sir Minelli; Sep 25, 2009 at 08:45 PM.