SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
Helicam Pilot
USA, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2008
71 Posts
Discussion
Please Help where can i fly my 'gas' Heli in Anaheim area in California

I own a Airstar Mongoose, I am very happy with everything about it except I cant seem to find a place to go hover around near me.
I have been flying at Whittier Narrows its a great park nice people and when I bring out the Mongoose people seem to drift in to ask questions, I have it set up with a Pan and Tilt camera head operated by a second remote control via Monitor, so this draws a lot of attention. I don't mind explaining things at all in fact i like it it calms me down before flying my multi thousand dollar machine. What I don't like is that it takes me an hour or more with traffic to get there. this cant be the only place to fly a gas Heli in Anaheim Garden Grove area, or is it?

Thanks for any Help
Aloha

Below is a link to some Helicam footage we shot while practicing for vibration research... the ocean race is a little rough but we learned a lot

http://vimeo.com/channels/helicam
dollygrip is offline Find More Posts by dollygrip
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:08 AM
Napa County - Bay Area
Joined Sep 2003
180 Posts
I would check with the local hobby store (Hobby People) for places to fly.

I think the big place to fly down in Orange County is Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley. The other place I would try would be at a High School as they are usually quiet on weekends. I've flown airplanes a few times over at a High School located at the corner of Western Ave. and Orange Ave. in Buena Park and flying a Heli should be even easier since they require less room to fly.
KA6IPK is offline Find More Posts by KA6IPK