Remy is offline Find More Posts by Remy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 09:29 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
yes you do
There is no reason why it wouldn't work.

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; May 30, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:06 AM
Nottingham, UK
Joined Sep 2006
74 Posts
Okay, lots of experience with the X500D now. Stable, refreshingly ding-proof etc.

However, one problem I've had a few times now, and I just don't think it's the ESC overheat->power down problem you can get after hovering for a few minutes.

I'm flying along, either direct sight or FPV, and of course it can start sliding to one side or the other. No problem close-in, you just correct this, but at altitude in the field, the ground speed can easily build up quite a bit before you really notice it. And sometimes, once this slide sets in, I can't correct it. I try and correct, but it just keeps sliding in until it hits the ground.

I've got expo on my Tx, but if it gets into one of these slides I'll be giving it full 'aileron', and no response and no recovery from the slide. And full 'aileron' is enough, when it's fairly stationary, to almost flip it over. (Tip if you DO get into one of these - switch the motors off just before you hit and you sometimes get away without replacing props!).

Anyone else getting this? So far it seems to have happened when the slide is at right-angles to the wind direction, if that gives anyone any clues.

It is a major barrier to working at any sort of altitude with the X500D.
Doofer is offline Find More Posts by Doofer