HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2009, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Stafford. UK.
Joined Feb 2009
88 Posts
How stable is the X500-D (and hopefully the X600-D) with its accelerometer if the sticks are released after some enthusiastic (bad) flying. Does it return to roughly level like the video of the QP board with the accels?

Ta,

Paul.
draxx is offline Find More Posts by draxx
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
I am still holding out for the X650 - Hopefully soon!!!

Mike
Me too. GPS is a must.
dimar is offline Find More Posts by dimar
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 06:30 PM
Mr.Pibb's Avatar
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Although the X600 looks nice, it sort of sucks for those of us who bought the flawed X500-D. They basically admit the ESC's weren't up to the task...
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 06:40 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
GPS is a must.
Because? This is rather like saying chrome trim on a classic car is a must, it is all a matter of intended use and preference.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 06:53 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Sid3ways's Avatar
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Because? This is rather like saying chrome trim on a classic car is a must, it is all a matter of intended use and preference.

Cheers,

Sander.
Sander,

Are you a 60 year old UAW retiree? LOL you seem to know too much about American culture for someone from the Netherlands.

Side note: I do have an uncle and cousin who live in Amsterdam, they are pretty Americanized too even though they've both lived there their whole lives.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimar View Post
That was supposed to be on the x650. This is updated x500, like x500 v2.
X600-D had following improved the characteristics:
actually X600D=X500D V2
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Nov 30, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Because? This is rather like saying chrome trim on a classic car is a must, it is all a matter of intended use and preference.

Cheers,

Sander.
wait, your asking why is it important to have gps???? lol do we need to even ask this?

to me it sounds like someone promoting a x600 and not wait for x650 ( INSERT HUGE SARCASM HERE)
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb View Post
Although the X600 looks nice, it sort of sucks for those of us who bought the flawed X500-D. They basically admit the ESC's weren't up to the task...
i agree, man it looks allot bigger to! and the better esc wiring config
-
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:31 PM
Brushless
cdi3d's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
2,067 Posts
Any word on release date of x650?

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Sid3ways's Avatar
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,075 Posts
I emailed CNCHeli a question about this X600 earlier today and I also asked them about any new details on the X650. I'll let you know what they say.

And Quad Addict, please remove that picture man. It makes the length of the page huge, if they want to see pics they can click on the link.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2009
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb View Post
Although the X600 looks nice, it sort of sucks for those of us who bought the flawed X500-D. They basically admit the ESC's weren't up to the task...
Who knows the X-600D is flaw-free now ?
If the new X-600D is no flaw, that mean X-aircraft knows what were the problems in their X-500D. Maybe they should make some trouble shooting or upgrade service for their customers of X-500D.
RC_Drones is offline Find More Posts by RC_Drones
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:52 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I emailed CNCHeli a question about this X600 earlier today and I also asked them about any new details on the X650. I'll let you know what they say.

And Quad Addict, please remove that picture man. It makes the length of the page huge, if they want to see pics they can click on the link.

Lol couple more posts we will be on next page lol no worries cheers.

The crappy part here is them not letting anyone know there DC and a revive ver comming out ie x600. I think the ball was dropped how do you keep a customer happy? Or be a used car saleman? You only buy 1 lemon from the same car dealer! Fool me once
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:06 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Drones View Post
Who knows the X-600D is flaw-free now ?
If the new X-600D is no flaw, that mean X-aircraft knows what were the problems in their X-500D. Maybe they should make some trouble shooting or upgrade service for their customers of X-500D.
Ya they should offer some software upgrade for the X500
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:10 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
Lol couple more posts we will be on next page lol no worries cheers.

The crappy part here is them not letting anyone know there DC and a revive ver comming out ie x600. I think the ball was dropped how do you keep a customer happy? Or be a used car saleman? You only buy 1 lemon from the same car dealer! Fool me once
I don't think the X500 is a lemon,Mine flies pretty good.
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:12 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2009
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
wait, your asking why is it important to have gps???? lol do we need to even ask this?
In my opnions, the gps is not necessary for most of the RC sport flyers.
But to take a seriously AP, gps is very important and useful. The GPS position hold and coming home modes are very useful in FPV too. Whenever you lost your way during FPV, you can activate the position hold mode or just switch to the coming home function for saving your quadrocopter.

I put my transmitter on the ground and took this video by myself.

Hexacopter GPS Performance Test (1 min 42 sec)
RC_Drones is offline Find More Posts by RC_Drones
Last edited by RC_Drones; Nov 30, 2009 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Xaircraft X600D Quad Canadian Geek Multirotor Talk 1241 Mar 30, 2012 05:08 PM
New Product Xaircraft X500-D $300 ARF brushless quad from China SebastianJ Multirotor Talk 1097 May 31, 2010 10:06 AM
Discussion esc for Xaircraft X500-D oded Multirotor Talk 2 Jan 15, 2010 03:28 PM
Discussion Feds Probe Cadmium in Kids' Jewelry From China dumbthumbs Chit Chat 1 Jan 11, 2010 12:49 PM
Discussion New Quad from Parrot to use with an iPhone darinf Coaxial Helicopters 9 Jan 07, 2010 02:12 PM