HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2009, 02:42 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,581 Posts
Build Log
Profile F-35 JSF Mid Motor Pusher with Thrust Vectoring

OK, there will not be much of a build log (unless someone else writes it) but here are the plans, some pictures and a video of my scratch built 6mm Depron F-35 JSF.

Quick Specs:
  • 6mm Depron Construction
  • 30" WS
  • 2208-1050KV motor (1300KV - 1500KV motor would be ideal)
  • 12A ESC
  • 8X8 E Prop
  • 1300mAh 3S 15C battery
  • 2 Servos, elevons with prop wash vectoring paddles

Enjoy.

JSF (5 min 5 sec)

Regards,

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2009, 02:58 PM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen
OK, there will not be much of a build log (unless someone else writes it) but here are the plans, some pictures and a video of my scratch built 6mm Depron F-35 JSF.

Quick Specs:
  • 6mm Depron Construction
  • 30" WS
  • 2208-1050KV motor (1300KV - 1500KV motor would be ideal)
  • 12A ESC
  • 8X8 E Prop
  • 1300mAh 3S 15C battery
  • 2 Servos, elevons with prop wash vectoring paddles

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NL7rEuGS-A

Regards,

- Birger
Awesome Birger lets make it grow ! lol
myplaneman70 is offline Find More Posts by myplaneman70
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:09 PM
Joined Nov 2005
652 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing your F-35 plans with us. This will be my next build. Thanks alot.
soulreaper is online now Find More Posts by soulreaper
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Can you tell me how many carbon rods there are in this model-I can see the 2 in the wings from the photo. A GREAT MODEL by the way!!!!
jakuba8 is offline Find More Posts by jakuba8
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:39 PM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakuba8
Can you tell me how many carbon rods there are in this model-I can see the 2 in the wings from the photo. A GREAT MODEL by the way!!!!
the builder or this plane says 2 3mm X 3mm square
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:26 AM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
The Ideal prop to use like seen in the pic , is a 8 X 3/8 slow flyer prop. .......... also heres the compartment that will house the 2 cell lipo I am getting soon , one shot of strapped tape in here should secure it well
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:29 AM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
The Ideal prop to use like seen in the pic , is a 8 X 3/8 slow flyer prop. .......... also heres the compartment that will house the 2 cell lipo I am getting soon , one shot of strapped tape in here should secure it well
Last edited by myplaneman70; Sep 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I am planning to make this plane into STOVL- make the motor vector in an aluminium rod.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:12 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,581 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I am planning to make this plane into STOVL- make the motor vector in an aluminium rod.
Sounds awesome! I'd love to see how that turns out. If you watch the video you can see that the vertical landing part is already taken care of
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:33 PM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
cool , I will do a maiden as soon as I get my 2 cell lipos in the mail
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:34 PM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
cool , I will do a maiden as soon as I get my 2 cell lipos in the mail
Old Oct 01, 2009, 01:52 PM
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Sorry mates, but I have to finish my F-18 first and the I can start the F-35 SVTOL. So 2months and then I can start it and post some pics too.
Old Oct 04, 2009, 09:04 PM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen
Sounds awesome! I'd love to see how that turns out. If you watch the video you can see that the vertical landing part is already taken care of
Hey all did a re-maiden of the f35 good news and bad news , bad news I have to AGAIN rebuild the nose I crashed it , partly it my fault flying it partly the battery wasn't placed right for the CG ......

BUT heres the good news lol ..........I flew the plane with the nose broken OFF until the battery was dead ....it flew great ! lol

I will rebuild the nose tomorrow and probably re-fly it on tuesday or wednesday , this is the 1st thrust vectoring jet I ever really flew if you dont speed into the turn 1/3 or more throttle your screwed lol STALL ......

anyway next nose rebuild I will be fine with it now , THEN I am painting it

Old Oct 06, 2009, 08:31 PM
Fort Smith Ar
Joined Oct 2005
921 Posts
This looked like a nice and easy build so I had to give it a try. It went together quick and I took it out to maiden it between the periods of rain. The maiden didn't go to well. I was worried about the size of the vert stabs compaired to the front area. It flew but wouldn't turn right very well. I made new larger vert stabs and tried it agin. It worked much better. It would loop very tight but the roll was very slow. I have added ailerons coupled with the elevons to see if that will give me a roll rate that I like. I havn't tried it with the ailerons yet. The rain wouldn't let up. I will get some video when the weather lets me get out agin. This is going to be a fun plane. Thanks for sharing the plans Birger.

Russ
Russ40 is offline Find More Posts by Russ40
Old Oct 07, 2009, 12:46 PM
Joined Jun 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ40
This looked like a nice and easy build so I had to give it a try. It went together quick and I took it out to maiden it between the periods of rain. The maiden didn't go to well. I was worried about the size of the vert stabs compaired to the front area. It flew but wouldn't turn right very well. I made new larger vert stabs and tried it agin. It worked much better. It would loop very tight but the roll was very slow. I have added ailerons coupled with the elevons to see if that will give me a roll rate that I like. I havn't tried it with the ailerons yet. The rain wouldn't let up. I will get some video when the weather lets me get out agin. This is going to be a fun plane. Thanks for sharing the plans Birger.

Russ
Beautiful job Russ , I use 8x 3/8 prop , it turns nice with 1/3 to half speed , and a 2 cell lipo MAH 1800 , with 40 AMP ESC