HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SPasierb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:59 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,256 Posts
FAQ
Dedicated battery for sailplane retract servo

Sharing a handy diagram from some years ago. When rigging a large scale sailplane, it's best that the retract servo have its own dedicated battery to power the servo. That way if anything gets hung up, the main receiver/control surface power is not compromised.

Essentially, the retract servo sees the ground and hot from the battery and the ground and signal, but not the hot from the receiver.

Also, here is a link to John Derstine's excellent article on the subject:
http://web.archive.org/web/200407011...tractpower.htm
Lookie here....

SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
to remove ads between posts