SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:40 PM
Joined Jul 2006
10 Posts
Discussion
Aeroflyte Skylark rubber powered model - Australia

Hi guys,
I'm looking for an Aeroflyte Skylark rubber powered model - kit or plan - it went out of production some years ago.

If you can help - that'd be great.

Little Eagle
littleeagle is offline Find More Posts by littleeagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:58 PM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
I was looking through some old stuff the other day and came accross some aeroflyte things. I was hoping to build another one off the plans with my kids, but the plans were more instructions not plans, IE didn't show the parts needed and were angled drawings of what to do, no plans as you would need to build one
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:20 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
you can try most Toyworld stores as they usually still have old stock.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Sep 24, 2009, 05:13 AM
Joined Jul 2006
10 Posts
interesting discostu

That's interesting Discostu - I'd be very interested to know which Aeroflyte kits in particular it is that you found. You can build good models from the plans only, but yes....- those elusive rib templates! I'm a bit of perfectionist and for some reason I'm obsessed with getting the original rib template design, which isn't on the plan, for an Aeroflyte Bambi - even though I have a pretty good idea how they went - the wing root rib, for example, W1 - is on the plan for the Bambi, but not the rest - so I really need someone with a Bambi kit that was never built and doesn't want it.

I agree with you pldaniels that there are a few Aeroflyte kits in toyworld stores, - but not many - mostly the gliders they were producing in the last ten years - like the 'Shrike' - and 'Aquarius' - and in rubber - the Osprey and the Ibis. These last two have been taken up by Pacific Balsa and are being sold by 'ozzietraders'
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:28 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
It was plans I had little eagle.

Silly me Must have looked at the wrong plan the other day. Posted the earlier comment when I was at work. Just went out to the garage and looked then and I have 2 plans there for the aeroflyte raven out there, and they show wing rib template, which on that one is the same all the way along. Its a full plan. I think I was looking at some for an old cherokee control line plane
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:30 AM
Joined Jul 2006
10 Posts
Aeroflyte Raven

thanks for that - yes I realised just after I sent my last one that it was plans you had - not kits - and therefore I was barking up the wrong tree!

good luck with the Raven - I have one too but it's down the priority list a bit
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:19 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
I scanned the plans for a rubber powered guillows c-170 a while back if that's any interest?
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:45 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
I wont be building the raven, though i do have plans for one of the small gliders that they did. Might scale it up slightly and put in some micro gear-proect to do with my son