HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2009, 02:37 AM
Grant
Alberta
Joined Jul 2009
23 Posts
Help!
hyperion 3s balance plug

does anyone know why these new 3s batteries come with a 4s plug. My charger is reading the battery incorrectly and saying 1 cell is to low. If i charge without the balancer plugged in they seem to charge ok to 12.6 volts. My charger is a triton with the screen that pivots. Grant
f355 is offline Find More Posts by f355
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:26 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Hyperion's smallest plug in the "4S Plug".
However, Hyperion's wiring sequence is different than most others, and since it lacks the wire in one of those spaces, that's where your problem lies.
Your Triton will not read a Hyperion Balance tap without some sort of adaptor.
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Nov 29, 2009, 07:54 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Hyperion's smallest plug in the "4S Plug".
However, Hyperion's wiring sequence is different than most others, and since it lacks the wire in one of those spaces, that's where your problem lies.
Your Triton will not read a Hyperion Balance tap without some sort of adaptor.
Any leads on where to get such an adaptor? We just ran into the same issue, but with a Hyperion 2S battery.

Thanks!

Scott
Roktman is offline Find More Posts by Roktman
Old Dec 01, 2009, 12:23 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Guys are making their own up, or you could check out Rcaccessory.com. Although I have personally not used them, I hear reports of custom-made adapters being provided here.

Or you could get a Hyperion Charger and be able to charge any style adapter out there!

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller