HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:30 PM
USA, NC, Mooresville
Joined Oct 2006
333 Posts
New Product
Nine Eagles Solo Pro Single Rotor submicro heli

Nine Eagles is coming out with a New palm sized heli called the Solo Pro. Looks to be similar to the Blade MSR in size and flybar angle ,but the rotor head itself looks totally different.

Between the MSR, CB100, and now these soon to be released NE Solo Pro's there are some pretty nice easy flying indoor palm sized heli's to choose from!
heli-parkflyer is offline Find More Posts by heli-parkflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:41 PM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-parkflyer
Nine Eagles is coming out with a New palm sized heli called the Solo Pro. Looks to be similar to the Blade MSR in size and flybar angle ,but the rotor head itself looks totally different.

Between the MSR, CB100, and now these soon to be released NE Solo Pro's there are some pretty nice easy flying indoor palm sized heli's to choose from!
Wow, that is awesome. When is it due out?
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:58 PM
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Very cool. Looks like another one to add to the collection So many helis these days it's hard to keep up. I just got the MSR, CB100 and the 4G6 and will probably pick one of these up when they come out. I like how little space these micros take up it allows for more of them

Rcih
FlyHeli? is offline Find More Posts by FlyHeli?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:02 PM
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
I just noticed that one is a Solo Pro 1 and the other a Solo Pro II. I wonder what the difference is?

Rich
FlyHeli? is offline Find More Posts by FlyHeli?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:09 PM
USA, NC, Mooresville
Joined Oct 2006
333 Posts
Looks to be only the colors.
heli-parkflyer is offline Find More Posts by heli-parkflyer
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:44 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
It will not fly as well as the MSR.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:47 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
cool! just today I was flying the solo into every room in the house, and thinking when will they release the fp version? and here it is

will be looking forward to see how it adds up to MSR and CB100,though I'm no walkera quality fan I was getting lured into the CB100 fuss lately,miracle mart just stocked it and I feel tempted!

anyway,two major points regarding the Solo Pro:
1.There will probably be a bind N fly version "EZ-Bind they call it?", that would be great. here's what the NE tx description says (2.4GHz EZ-BIND aircraft allow you to use just one transmitter for your entire collection, lowering your costs since you do not have to purchase an additional radio with each new product.)

2.The battery charges are hard to find,mostly out of stock,they should be more available since charging from that goofy looking tx eats up alkalines fast.
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:24 AM
romantist
Chicago
Joined Jul 2004
1,063 Posts
WOW, I can't believe how this rotor head design has been very consistent in the last couple of micro helis. Though, I feel greatly compelled to thank Alexander van de Rostyne for his life-long contribution with these small indoor micro helicopters.. It is truly the reason why we are here today, with these inspired micro helis - Thanks Alexander!!!
I hope you are well!!!

Cheers.
Palomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-parkflyer

palomo is offline Find More Posts by palomo
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:43 AM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
It will not fly as well as the MSR.
...and it will not bind with my DX6i.
mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:55 AM
Saitama, Japan
Joined Aug 2009
154 Posts
Mmm, considering that their Free Spirit Micro was pretty good quality and the price was around $60-80, this will probably gonna be lot more affordable and appealing for beginners than the mSR.
I sure will pick this up if the price point is under $80.
markh78 is offline Find More Posts by markh78
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markh78
Mmm, considering that their Free Spirit Micro was pretty good quality and the price was around $60-80, this will probably gonna be lot more affordable and appealing for beginners than the mSR.
I sure will pick this up if the price point is under $80.
The issue is going to be movement authority. A 45 degree offset flybar with weights is going to be too stable. But, that might suit beginners.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:42 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2009
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediclavina
...and it will not bind with my DX6i.
Or my DX7.
lazer155 is offline Find More Posts by lazer155
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:49 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer155
Or my DX7.
Precisely why I don't invest in a programmable 2.4ghz transmitter. We really need just one protocol for 2.4 ghz.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:51 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2009
1,421 Posts
Do you mean one company that will manufacture all 2.4ghz txs? I completely agree!
lazer155 is offline Find More Posts by lazer155
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:56 AM
Saitama, Japan
Joined Aug 2009
154 Posts
One TX to rule them all
markh78 is offline Find More Posts by markh78