HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:53 PM
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute0 View Post
You got me interested now. If this is another camera, it looks like Chuck will be busy updating his website with more useful information. I have a few questions about the camera you are selling:
There's probably still more types out there besides what Chuck has documented I'm sure.

Quote:
You claim the 4GB camera can record for 70-90 minutes and the 8GB camera can record for 140-180 minutes. Can the camera record this much data before the battery runs out?
No - the battery only lasts 50 mins to 1hr. To fill the memory in either the 4 or 8 Gig types will take fore than one session of recording.

Quote:
You recently posted that the camera sensor is the OV7760 (no product information on Omnivision's website), but on your website it is listed as OV7725 (found product information on Omnivision's website).
My mistake - got all dyslexic - I should have said OV7725. I believe the lower quality cameras use the OV7670 which is slightly cheaper, lower spec sensor. There are also many knock-offs of these sensors.

Quote:
Can you tell me the angle of view (AOV) for your camera? I found a website that lists the OV7725 can be 90 degrees or 120 degrees
Whoa - no, these are more like 60 degrees. 90 or 120 is pretty wide. It's going to depend on the lens fitted - OV7725 refers to the image sensor as far as I understand it - not the lens.

Quote:
The timestamp on your camera looks similar to the #2 camera on Chuck's website, but you said the STK1262 controller is different. Do you have the option of removing the timestamp from the video completely?
This is the Holy Grail of the avid keychain photographer. I have no doubt it's doable but only someone is some dark backroom in downtown Shenzhen knows how. We all hope there is some way to re-flash the ROM in the controller chip...who knows!?
blip is offline Find More Posts by blip
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:06 PM
SUCK LESS
FR4-Pilot's Avatar
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,611 Posts
Kai, thanks for that article & info - you're my new hero . I'm seeing some pretty impressive results with the DeShaker plugin:

That DeShaker is pretty awesome ... I'm rendering a side by side video right now ...

It seems to solve two of my problems:

1) Fixes my shaky heli videos - makes me look like a better pilot than I am
2) Seems to eliminate that skipping/duplicating that happens every 10-20 frames !!!

Very, very cool software. The video I'm going to post will be generated using only the default settings. The video is not perfect (didn't start out that way either) and could probably use some tweaking of the controls, but still - WOW!

Video coming ... stay tuned to this post ... Now Uploading to YouTube ... Processing ...
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:17 PM
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Anybody seen this camera from HobbyKing?
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...Digital_Camera
I was temped however I opted for the FlyCamOne2 because of the swiveling camera head. After seeing these spyCams, keep my money.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:45 PM
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai_Shiden View Post
Here is a good article I found a while back about cameras on helis: http://www.hicam.com/art_vib.htm
thank you for sharing this link, it was very informative.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai_Shiden View Post
I had far better luck lugging around my Canon S3IS on my Sniper.
According to the Manufacture's specs on this camera, the Weight is Approx. 14.5 oz. / 410g, what is the size of your helicopter and do you have a picture of it with the camera mounted?

Thank you.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicop19 View Post
Quick Question, would a 8gb micro sd card work in this camera, or is 4gb the most it can take?

Thanks all
I'm using a 8GB TF card. No issues. The only problem here is when the battery dies in the middle of recording it creates a file with 0bytes but takes up space. Deleting this file will not free up the space so only way is too format it.

Using a camera#3r. Maximum battery life 30mins. It get really hot when recording.
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:13 PM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
London, UK
Joined Feb 2009
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
All I'm saying is that just because someone says theirs is better doesn't always make it so. Personally, my experience has taught me that the cameras that take micro sd cards have been reliable. I just don't feel the need to spend eighty dollars on something that I can do just as well with that costs a fraction of that.
For eighty dollars I can buy five of the cheaper cameras and even if only three work well, I've still got a better deal than if I buy just one at that price.
Agreed!

I bought mine from myzone50 on ebay, and got it for free at the end! He kinda lied about the shipping date (sent it a week after telling me so). When I complained, he offered a full refund!

Video quality is very good. Only issue is camera becomes quite hot when charging.
sebtomato is offline Find More Posts by sebtomato
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
That's the reason I come into these forums. You get a chance to see what actually works for others without trying to figure out if the boasts made by this vendor or that one are true or just hype.
A vendor will usually always put his or her best foot forward. Of course if they didn't, they would probably sell far less. But if I see what others are using, I have at least an informed chance of making a good decision.
The only issue I ran into was that one camera had battery problems and that might even have been a faulty usb cord, in hindsight. But the cameras themselves have worked pretty much flawlessly.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
There's a new 1280 x 960 30fps lighter cam selling on ebay. Anyone got it?
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:27 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
I'm using a 8GB TF card. No issues. The only problem here is when the battery dies in the middle of recording it creates a file with 0bytes but takes up space. Deleting this file will not free up the space so only way is too format it.

Using a camera#3r. Maximum battery life 30mins. It get really hot when recording.
I had these same problems with my #3r camera:
1. Battery life was only 20-25 minutes
2. When battery is low, the device does not save the current video to disk and the data is lost.

I fixed my problem #1 by using a USB cord from a Canon point and shoot digital camera. I had tried several cables from the 808 micro camera merchants and none of them charged my #3r camera properly. This didn't fix problem #2 though...

Today, I tried soldering a known working lipo from a #1 camera, which was worthless because of poor quality video, onto my #3r camera. I was hoping it was the battery dropping voltage too fast making it impossible to save the file in time. However, this did not work, so there must be something else wrong internally.
Absolute0 is offline Find More Posts by Absolute0
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute0 View Post
I had these same problems with my #3r camera:
1. Battery life was only 20-25 minutes
2. When battery is low, the device does not save the current video to disk and the data is lost.

I fixed my problem #1 by using a USB cord from a Canon point and shoot digital camera. I had tried several cables from the 808 micro camera merchants and none of them charged my #3r camera properly. This didn't fix problem #2 though...

Today, I tried soldering a known working lipo from a #1 camera, which was worthless because of poor quality video, onto my #3r camera. I was hoping it was the battery dropping voltage too fast making it impossible to save the file in time. However, this did not work, so there must be something else wrong internally.
Well you know china has imitations of everything even imitations of non branded stuff. IMO Camera #1 is an imitation for camera #2. Camera #3r is an imitation of #3g.

I believe camera #3g would be able to save when the battery suddenly goes flat and also has lower lux. Any camera#3g users to confirm this?
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:17 AM
7000mw of raw power!
rich smith's Avatar
New Hampshire (not the old one)
Joined Dec 2006
5,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
There's a new 1280 x 960 30fps lighter cam selling on ebay. Anyone got it?
Two of the ones I bought are advertised as that. Like the others really 640 x 480 scaled up. Also one of the one I got described as CCD is actually CMOS. Chinese are great practical jokers.

Judging from the high rating of the sellers I suspect most of the suckers who buy these don't know they've been duped. Apparently happy as a clam and don't WANT to know.
rich smith is offline Find More Posts by rich smith
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
There's a new 1280 x 960 30fps lighter cam selling on ebay. Anyone got it?
Apparently it's 27.77fps achieved through duplicated frames with orange time stamp at the bottom right.
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:25 AM
7000mw of raw power!
rich smith's Avatar
New Hampshire (not the old one)
Joined Dec 2006
5,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebtomato View Post
Video quality is very good. Only issue is camera becomes quite hot when charging.
Most here seem to be ignoring this fact even though it is probably the major cause of camera failure. I doubt there are any real problems with the video circuit, firmware, or cables. As mentioned previously lipos should NEVER do this and it's essential to mod for external charging if you expect more than a few cycles.
rich smith is offline Find More Posts by rich smith
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:35 AM
NORDPAC S3
mfpage's Avatar
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,104 Posts
Instruction sheet

My Key Chain Camera just arrived. PDF file instruction sheet below.


Camera Key Chain

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:31 AM
Registered User
ronaldf's Avatar
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post
My Key Chain Camera just arrived. PDF file instruction sheet below.


Attachment 2885616

Mfpage
That is the same fact sheet that came with my #3r camera. The resultant AVI is a stretched 720 X 480. I trashed my instruction sheet. There is better info at Chuck Lor's site.
ronaldf is offline Find More Posts by ronaldf
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My BigMig came today... Wufnu 1/2A Planes 41 Apr 21, 2005 06:45 PM
Cool My new plane came today! glowpwer flyer Fuel Plane Talk 4 Jan 09, 2004 02:11 PM
Yippee! My new Micro V canopy came today FrankW Electric Heli Talk 14 Oct 20, 2003 04:35 PM
My Tantrum came today ManxSR Parkflyers 6 Jul 02, 2003 12:58 AM
My used Housefly came today. Impressive kit! Spaulding Electric Heli Talk 2 Apr 08, 2002 10:39 AM