HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:39 PM
Joined Sep 2007
378 Posts
Discussion
Laddie Mikulasko's Shearwater

Hi All: It's one of those planes that you can't watch fly enough, Laddie's Shearwater. I was at the Midwest Regional Float Fy earlier this month and got a chance to see it fly and talk with Laddie. Enjoy.

Laddie Mikulasko's Shearwater (3 min 3 sec)
PaulDaniel is offline Find More Posts by PaulDaniel
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:32 PM
Annapolis, MD
Joined Jul 2007
210 Posts
Saw the construction article in Flying Models. It's on my list. Thanks for the video!!!
170flyer is offline Find More Posts by 170flyer
Old Sep 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
B'ham UK
Joined Oct 2005
2,990 Posts
Paul cross link this with the shearwater thread in waterplanes please.... Nice to see it in action.
Airboatflyingshp is offline Find More Posts by Airboatflyingshp
Old Sep 22, 2009, 05:10 PM
DUNDAS CANADA
Joined Feb 2006
557 Posts
Paul, thank you for posting your video of the Shearwater. I am really pleased with your camera work. Thank you again.
Laddie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDaniel
Hi All: It's one of those planes that you can't watch fly enough, Laddie's Shearwater. I was at the Midwest Regional Float Fy earlier this month and got a chance to see it fly and talk with Laddie. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hCakUYF_k
LADDIE is offline Find More Posts by LADDIE
Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:24 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2007
1,332 Posts
I ordered the plans from Flying Models a few days ago. I contacted Dan at lasers@centurytel.net and he's agreed to look them over and quote a price to do a short kit. Everyone intrested should PM me so we can get an idea of how many he would be cutting.
CaptAhab is offline Find More Posts by CaptAhab
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
Joined Sep 2007
378 Posts
Shearwater

Thanks for your comments Laddie. I just love seeing that plane in the air. Thinking about making a smaller one out of Depron.

I'll link it in the Seaplane section.

Paul
PaulDaniel is offline Find More Posts by PaulDaniel
Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:19 PM
B'ham UK
Joined Oct 2005
2,990 Posts
Good man............ cheers.
Airboatflyingshp is offline Find More Posts by Airboatflyingshp
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:06 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,732 Posts
Plane has a "just right" look with pusher prop and V tail. Congrats Laddie, on another beautiful design.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Feb 06, 2014, 03:32 PM
Joined Feb 2014
3 Posts
After re-kitting my electric Great Planes Seawind last summer (which followed 3 years of tweaking to try to make the plane controllable on the water), I ordered the plans for Laddie’s beautiful Shearwater from Flying Models magazine. I also found some old posts that were discussing the non-availability of a short kit. There was an e-mail address of a potential supplier who was willing to quote the kit, but no one ever sent him the plans so he could do it. So…………I did. I just got my short kit from Dan Walton and he did a beautiful job with it. All parts on the plans, including parts for a balsa built up wing and templates for foam cores are included. I’ve attached a picture FYI.

If you are interested in one, you can contact Dan at lasers@centurytel.net
Red Devils 2 is offline Find More Posts by Red Devils 2