SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2009, 01:29 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Yes I do remember some of the arguments about the telemetry. I still think the idea of playing an audio file when a certain measurement is received is a good idea, or at least a beeper that freaks out when something like a power reset happens. That and an SD or CF card to store the data on so that you can look at it after you land or crash.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:08 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Yes I do remember some of the arguments about the telemetry. I still think the idea of playing an audio file when a certain measurement is received is a good idea, or at least a beeper that freaks out when something like a power reset happens. That and an SD or CF card to store the data on so that you can look at it after you land or crash.
Yeah, and reporting audio for Variometer -pip pip piip piip piiip piiip - as in the fullsize gliders. Think of the possibilities. Been my dream from day one I heard of XPS.
A display with Audio functions and memcard.
An XMD, Xtreme Multifunction Device

Jim
Can you do a new poll on the subject?

JE
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:37 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Yes I do remember some of the arguments about the telemetry.
Looks like the majority wanted a PC based solution .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843381
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Nov 02, 2009, 10:05 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
Yes, and that is why we went this route. The good news is that we are doing the transmitter version as well as a handheld version - 3 different methods will be available.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2009, 07:27 PM
Joined Jun 2005
221 Posts
Should I wait to make the upgrade then??? I have been thinking on changing radio or just doing the upgrade, but now this makes me think twice???
Regards,
Homero
hcuellart is offline Find More Posts by hcuellart
Old Nov 03, 2009, 12:23 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
You can always upgrade and then go backwards.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2009, 12:59 PM
No Quarter given
Klamath Falls, OR
Joined Nov 2003
247 Posts
I still haven't found a good reason to send my MPX in for a pro upgrade. Seems like you are paying to have them proprietize and seal up the somewhat open architecture of this system. There might be some advantages, like if they finally got rid of the annoying glitches that have been written into the software since the first version written for US/ESP. Or maybe the necessity to have 5 different expo rates????
Capgains is offline Find More Posts by Capgains
Old Nov 07, 2009, 05:25 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,335 Posts
I also see NO REASON to upgrade my two five year old Evos. They do everything I need the way they are.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:10 AM
Nicosia
Joined Jul 2007
22 Posts
Some of us like to keep our equipment current and make use of whatever technology improvements become available. For this reason we are looking forward to the module that XPS develops for multiplex royal pro.
SCOTT001 is offline Find More Posts by SCOTT001
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:23 AM
No Quarter given
Klamath Falls, OR
Joined Nov 2003
247 Posts
I like to do that too Scott, but it seems to me that Multiplex is not making a real effort to bring the Evo Pro to the American market. Can't find a vendor selling them new in the USA (on 72mhz). We are a pretty small bunch compared to the rest of the world, so we are not a priority. Which is fair, the Asian radios have a pretty good market share here. Evo announced a new 2.4 ghz version radio in May, and the way 2.4 radios have caught on here, I wouldn't be surprised if the Evo pro never gets here, and the newer 2.4 version becomes the new system.

But yes, XPS should develop a "module" (looks like a card) for the EVO pro because there are a lot of them out there in the world outside the US. It makes perfect sense. I would much rather upgrade my Evo than dump it for a new MPX system. The re programming of all those planes would be a Royal Pain.
Capgains is offline Find More Posts by Capgains
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:26 AM
Nicosia
Joined Jul 2007
22 Posts
Capgains: Unless you have the royal evo 7 there is an upgrade path for the royal evo 9 and 12 that includes moving your model data to the updated royal evo. I suspect that you can also move your model data from an old evo 9 or 12 in the case that you choose to buy a new one instead of upgrading your old evo.

if an MPX royal pro v3,3 module can be released in time from XPS may have a good chance to successfully hit the market, as it can be an elegant solution for USA evo owners who at this time are without the option to use v3.3 or MLINK 2.4.
Last edited by SCOTT001; Nov 10, 2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:24 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
We don't have to "develop" anything. Our existing EVO board can work with the new v3.3 with a simple plug change and update to the firmware.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
Nicosia
Joined Jul 2007
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
We will be releasing a new version of our hardware for the EVO that plugs in directly (no cable assembly) and offers MLINK emulation, so our telemetry data will come through the EVO display.
I would be also interested for the above ...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:35 PM
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Joined Feb 2004
460 Posts
any comments when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
We don't have to "develop" anything. Our existing EVO board can work with the new v3.3 with a simple plug change and update to the firmware.
I have two of the XPS Evo transmitter modules and would love to change the plug and upgrade the software. When can I do this...?
Franz2002_01 is offline Find More Posts by Franz2002_01
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:42 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
As soon as we have finished testing the new code.
RCG Plus Member