SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2010, 07:53 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,173 Posts
That's too bad.
Now let's see how the hitec systems are working.
I really want these systems to do well, too. It pains me to see these beautiful planes damaged because of systems not doing what they're 'supposed' to do.

Jun C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
Do not buy airtronics they were dropping like flies 2.4. Fasst still no problems.
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,727 Posts
Yes will be on 21.... and 2.4...eventually all 2.4.
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:44 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
Is everyone out flying today?
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:07 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
Is everyone out flying today?
With 2 World Cup matches and an F1 race? No! Nein! Nada! And the afternoons are too hot to fly. My wing, she will delaminate ... Are you staying on Channel 25? See earlier post. Cheers!
BavarianCharles is offline Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:14 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
for the time being, yes. Once you start flying with us, I'll go back to 52. I still need to get another freq for SAGE contests.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:51 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
Hey Guys,

I know almost all of you have motorcycle... so here we go. I recently felt that my bike develop more slack then when it came... So I readjusted just now, is this to tight? The manual said up and down about 35mm (1 1/4 inch) . But I thought that would be awful a lot? This go up and down about 25mm.

chainslack.mp4 (0 min 31 sec)
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:58 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
Vu, on certain bikes (IDK about yours) the chain tension needs to be checked with the suspension compressed a certain amount. If yours doesn't need anything fancy like that done, I'd say that seems about normal.

I killed a chain and sprocket set by not doing it properly. On my old XR, I had to run tie-downs from one side of the swingarm, over the seat, to the other side of the swingarm and tension it down so that the sprockets were in line in the same plane as the swingarm.

Check out some of the sportbike forums. I'm certain someone has posted the "proper" way to adjust the tension for your specific bike.

(P.S. My dad likes your bike.)
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:12 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
I have read and watch some of the video. The problem is it get way to complicated once you start messing with the suspension. I have not adjust the suspension at all, it still at dealer default.

The funny part is, when I jump on my bike, the shock barely go down 1 inch. Since I'm only 135lbs right now. Plus all my gear, maybe 140 max.

Now this raise another question, if the weight and shock effect this so much, what happen if you have a passenger, isn't that going to double the weight and create a big problem?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:12 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
Vu, it's not so much a matter of adjusting the suspension for performance, at least, not what I was talking about.

Think of it this way... You don't trim a plane or heli so that it "looks" right, you trim it to "fly" right.

Even being 135lbs, the bike's suspension is different when you're riding it, compared to when the bike is sitting on the stand.

like I said before, IDK about your specific bike, but some bikes need to have the suspension compressed to a certain point when adjusting the chain. Don't let that get confised with setting the suspension's "compression setting".

I;ve got a buddy working at MMI right now. I'll ask him tomorrow about setting the chain tension properly.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,674 Posts
On my bike I block it up so swing arm is hanging free then adjust. You should have Derk help you out and read manual. How are you doing?
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:37 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,398 Posts
Vu, It looks a little tight to me but I have not worked on your bike so I cannot say for sure. As Tim says, you have to have the swingarm in the correct angle to adjust the chain properly. With my bike the swingarm needs to be fully extended. This can be different for each model of motorcycle.

By the way, I updated the firmware on the Skookum and it seems to be fine.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:42 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
For those of you that have given up on D47s, we're in need of some. Contact my dad, Storm51. This one will be on him.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:48 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,674 Posts
Give me a call Tim
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:01 AM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
It does feel a tad more tighter than when I first got it... darn it, now I have to use 2 car jack to jack it up again. (this bike does not have central stand. I already order front/rear stand for it...
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:29 AM
Thermals the path to elevation
Joined Jul 2004
3,255 Posts
Don't over complicate the chain adjustment. You must adjust the tension so at it's tightest point it doesn't place undue stress on the front sprocket bearing. You can have the chain so tight it actually prevents the suspension from traveling over it's full range with a light rider.

The chain is at its tightest position when the swing arm is level which creates the farthest distance from the front and back sprocket. So if the bike has the swing arm facing slightly down with no passenger (uncompressed suspension), the manufacturer will specify more slack to compensate for when the suspension is compressed with a rider. You're adjusting for the tightest point not the point with no rider on board.

Sit on the bike or have someone sit on the bike to compress the suspension, and you'll probably find the chain has been way over-tightened to the point of stopping travel through the center-point with a light rider (swing arm level).

Adjust as the manufacturer says with the bike unweighted. You need more slack or you'll wear out the bearings, chain, prevent full suspension travel, and induce more rolling resistance.
RotorCycle is online now Find More Posts by RotorCycle