HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:59 AM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
Charles,

In town now, finally. PM me about getting together.

Gary
Gary,

I'll send you a PM after the Holidays. Might swing by F3J at Schnepf the first week of December, and if you're interested, there's the Jet Rally in Mesa this weekend. It's in the AMA calendar.

BavarianCharles is offline Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,297 Posts
I really need to improve my flying, as well as my filming. This camera has so many gismos and auto-this' and that's, every time I tried to get a cool shot, something didn't work like I thought it should. Anyways, here's a tiny snippet from today; no fancy editing or music, though.

bowling for cash (1 min 27 sec)
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,355 Posts
Looked great Tim. :

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jun 2011
267 Posts
Little help - why isn't my B3-ST selling?

Hi folks -
I've completely pulled out of RC for other hobbies. The only two things I have left are a NIB Blaster 3 with the spread tow wing and a Pegasus for ALES. I was wondering if someone could give me an idea why the Blaster is not being snapped up right away? I'm selling locally for $500 NIB and Kennedy sells it for $670. Seems like a steal to me, but little interest has been expressed. Wings are yellow on top with black and white stripes underneath.
Is there something about the color or the B3-ST that makes it undesirable? I'm not part of the dlg world, but I had the impression the B3 had a good reputation. What am I missing? Any hints on how best to sell this would really be appreciated. Oh - the classified is at
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775795
Thanks and I apologize in advance if anyone feels this question is not appropriate for the thread....I just don't quite get why it didn't move in minute!
NZ7C is offline Find More Posts by NZ7C
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ7C View Post
Hi folks - I was wondering if someone could give me an idea why the Blaster is not being snapped up right away? I'm selling locally for $500 NIB and Kennedy sells it for $670.
Bad timing? I think you're offering good value for the money, but in most parts of the country, the flying (and buying) season is over, and folks are saving for Xmas, Valentines Day, etc. Try again in spring, and who knows. I also think that most of our locals are in the expert category, and a Blaster just doesn't do it for them anymore. They've all had one!

Beginning and intermediate pilots, like me, would enjoy the the Blaster until the wing hits something and fractures. I'm not ready for such a fragile bird, and maybe others are also a bit wary. Just an opinion.

Good luck
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
267 Posts
Very good points Charles - thank you. My understanding was that the spead tow wing was way stronger than the fragile standard B2 or B3 wing. Oh well, no rush - can try again in the spring. Thanks for the input!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,297 Posts
It's not selling because I don't have $500 to give you for it. I like the color, and it definitely is a smoking deal. In my case, I've got a fresh low-wing P2 waiting for servos, pushrods, etc sitting in my closet, so it's hard for me to justify getting ANOTHER plane I can't put together yet.

If I win the powerball tonight, that Blaster is mine!
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:35 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,920 Posts
The B3 is a STEAL! But yes, a B3 is not a contest winner, and its winter in most places, and we are all dreading a $3000 to $5000 increase in taxes next year.

So if average people are anything like a very unaverage guy like me, we are not spending $ on anything right now!

PS, $500.00 is tooo cheap for a B3 NIB if you ask me, unless its going to a local you like and would get value in giving it to a friend.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
267 Posts
If I (as in me) win the power ball tonight the blaster is yours LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
It's not selling because I don't have $500 to give you for it. I like the color, and it definitely is a smoking deal. In my case, I've got a fresh low-wing P2 waiting for servos, pushrods, etc sitting in my closet, so it's hard for me to justify getting ANOTHER plane I can't put together yet.

If I win the powerball tonight, that Blaster is mine!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ7C View Post
If I (as in me) win the power ball tonight the blaster is yours LOL!
If you both win the Powerball, can I have the Blaster?

Jon,

if you're paying an additional $5k in taxes - which may or may not happen - then another $500 doesn't matter anymore, so go for the Blaster.

B3 not a winner? I bet the BSoAZ could have been won with my ratty bagged plane, in the hands of a good pilot. I've seen Blasters suffer when it was really windy, but otherwise they seem to do just fine. Actually, I've never flown one, so it's probably just B3 envy talking.

Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
267 Posts
LOL - for you I can raise the price - just let me know how much more you'd like to pay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
The B3 is a STEAL! But yes, a B3 is not a contest winner, and its winter in most places, and we are all dreading a $3000 to $5000 increase in taxes next year.

So if average people are anything like a very unaverage guy like me, we are not spending $ on anything right now!

PS, $500.00 is tooo cheap for a B3 NIB if you ask me, unless its going to a local you like and would get value in giving it to a friend.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,724 Posts
Yes............a lot of pilots are drifting towards solid core wings..............Your price is an outstanding deal............
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:44 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,651 Posts
Sat Dec 1st

After watching F3J at Schnepf in the a.m., I'd like to swing by the Elliott Bowl until maybe 1 pm or so. See you there?

Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:07 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,355 Posts
I wish, work is keeping me from both events... :-o

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:57 AM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post
I wish, work is keeping me from both events... :-o

Charlie
Bummer! At least I get to choose which day to work. Hmmm, watch F3J on Saturday or the Cardinals on Sunday? F3J, all the way!

Are you flying ALES next Saturday?