I'll have the cash waiting for you on Saturday

Thanks, Philip
pocket rocket is offline Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:44 PM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,240 Posts
I should have said I'll take it. Oops. Of course wife said to get it but I was snoozing again. Philip beat me to the punch again....
Alan C is offline Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:51 PM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
OK with me I have two already anyway... and I kind of thought somebody SHOULD WANT IT.
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:19 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2005
1,128 Posts
I want two non lipo batteries for dlg.
Where can I get them?
Thanks

Scott
clearvisionscott is offline Find More Posts by clearvisionscott
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearvisionscott View Post
I want two non lipo batteries for dlg.
Where can I get them?
Thanks

Scott
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/cus...ks.aspx?mid=20

BavarianCharles is offline Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2007
28 Posts
Blaster II

Quote:
Originally Posted by helisfreak View Post
Guys,

I have decided to sell my Blaster II, haven't flown it for more than a year it should go.

DS47 for elevator/rudder
DS60 for ailerons
2s 450mah lipo (not sure if it still useable)
Bottom wing is PINK....

The wing and cone is in ok/good shape, the front nose broke off, other than that everything is in good shape. No RX, no ubec.

Need receiver and ubec (possibly a battery) and you're ready to go.

230.00 for local guys here.
Damn....missed another one...

Surely, one of you guys wants to upgrade and sell me one your Blasters right? (II or III).

-Chuck
charlesgraves1 is offline Find More Posts by charlesgraves1
Old Nov 12, 2011, 01:12 AM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
Glider Flight Report

Gang:

I just wanted to report on a glider flight I took today out at Turf Soaring.

Turf is located out near Lake Pleasant off of the Carefree highway. It's a hike out there from Tempe, maybe an hour's drive.

Driving into the grounds of the school you will find yourself parking near the runways and a line of 8 or 10 gliders. Several of those are aerobatic gliders, but I was destined to go up in one of the two seat trainers (Schweizer).

Rick Brown was my pilot/instructor. He has logged something like 18,000 flights. Pretty amazing.

The tow planes are those hardy, dependable crop dusters. It was pretty cool seeing the crop duster pull the gliders up and swoop on back to the field for a quick landing and another takeoff with another glider. There were two gliders in the air pretty often so their business was good today.

The takeoff and the flight itself were pretty straightforward and very enjoyable. Rick allowed me to take the controls and it was a quick study to learn the rudder (with the feet) and do some coordinated turns. There was a trim lever that compensated with some up elevator once you were at altitude.

Rick wanted me to line up for landing but I deferred and I was glad that I did. I thought we were way too high heading in but the spoilers kicked in nicely and Rick put the nose down pretty seriously to lose altitude. A quick turn and we were lined up and heading down the runway.

There were only two surprises, neither major. After the tow up, I pulled the tow rope release lever (since I was in the front seat) and a loud bang resulted. Normal I guess. Landing also was pretty heavy and there was a pretty good clunk then - I'm sure Rick could have greased it in but he was aiming for a 1 foot circle. We landed at probably 50 mph and were coming in hot. Rick hit the brakes hard and we were stopped right on the mark. Wow.

I was a little unsteady getting out of the plane but I was also on cloud 9 from the flight!

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along to everyone in case you're looking to try something really different sometime.

http://turfsoaring.com/default.htm is the link to the Turf Soaring website.

Jim
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Nov 12, 2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:46 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,509 Posts
Glad to hear you had a great time Jim! I've heard of Rick I just don't know if we've met or flown together before. The loud bang on release is normal if you don't use a slack line release technique. Either way works, one wears out the equipment quicker than the other.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:36 AM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,139 Posts
Astro, how much stick time did you get? Did you get airsick?

I was just thinking the other day that I wouldn't mind going up for another ride. But the thought of getting airsick, again, made me think again.
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:05 PM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
Guz:

Stick time: Maybe around 10 minutes in a 15-20 minute flight? We went up to 3000 feet, did a big S (with wiggles) back over the airport, and did another big S that took us back.

I was actually a little nervous that I might get airsick but in truth it felt like riding in a car. It wasn't a bumpy ride or anything, very smooth and clean. I felt ONE BUMP in the middle of the ride that Rick said was a thermal.

I wasn't acrophobic (like I can be when I stand on the edge of a tall cliff) and banking the plane was cool. But I didn't ever tip the wings more than 35 degrees or so. After taking this flight, I'm pretty sure that I can stand up to aerobatics and easily some thermaling.

Charlie:

Rick didn't know you or George either. I asked cuz I thought he might. Roy wasn't there.

The tow guy has a commercial pilot's license and he was really sharp and on his game that day. On the release, the glider goes right and the tow plane left and it was cool to see him bank left and down sharply.
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Nov 12, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
Joined Jun 2009
875 Posts
ok you DLG guys. I had mentioned to a few of you that i was thinking about getting us together to do a bowling morning one Sunday morning at the Kyrene lanes. Cost is or was $10 for unlimited bowling from 9 till noon. and you get a basic breakfast (pancakes, bacon and coffee or juice) I would like to find out how many might be interested in participating. If you have time maybe after we could throw planes for an hour or so. Dates could be holiday weekend or the weekend after.

I will be doing it even if no one decides to join me.

Norm
Storm51 is offline Find More Posts by Storm51
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:12 PM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,311 Posts
I would be into it.
Donnie
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone