SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:27 PM
Joined Jun 2009
874 Posts
This to George GMO Morris.
I want to wish you all the best of luck overseas to you and the rest of the USA F3K TEAM. I wish I was home to be able to shake your hand in person and wish you good luck before you go. If the boy reads this I am sure he will do the same before you and Charlie leave. We will be watching the Rc groups posts for any updates. You know you have our utmost support and just have a good time.

Your friend,
Norm
Storm51 is offline Find More Posts by Storm51
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:59 PM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,136 Posts
Just accept it, someone screwed up and we lost another spot to fly. Life goes on.
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,297 Posts
We can still fly there, it's just not as easy as it once was.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:31 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helisfreak View Post
I thought this has been mention before that we shouldn't be flying at CASL on weekdays. First of all, I don't think we have permission to fly at CASL at all. So the majority of us agree not to fly there weekdays just so we don't run INTO in this case (employees, property manager).

Maybe I am the only one that knew about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guz View Post
Just accept it, someone screwed up and we lost another spot to fly. Life goes on.
I hope Dana and I aren't being implicated for messing up a good thing. Neither of us were aware that there is an agreement not to fly on the dirt field during the week, and we've been doing this for many months. Very often have we posted our intent on this forum to fly weekdays, and no one ever advised us not to do so. We've exchanged a few words with some tenants, and they seemed quite friendly. I think that we were living on borrowed time using the parking lot, and it could have well been one of the flyers that show up randomly, park wherever they please, and strafe the buildings with their electrics.

We flew at the field today, and parked on Roosevelt. No one bothered us, and we tried not to fly over any buildings. It's actually quite nice under the trees on the west side of the tanks. If we're violating an unwritten rule, then please let us know.

BavarianCharles is offline Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:43 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm51 View Post
This to George GMO Morris.
I want to wish you all the best of luck overseas to you and the rest of the USA F3K TEAM. I wish I was home to be able to shake your hand in person and wish you good luck before you go. If the boy reads this I am sure he will do the same before you and Charlie leave. We will be watching the Rc groups posts for any updates. You know you have our utmost support and just have a good time.

Your friend,
Norm
Thank you
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:46 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Dec 2008
271 Posts
I have been flying there on week day's for over a year and never had a problem. This issue began when the plumbing company moved in. They are not very accomidating. It would be possible to fly on the field to the East and park in the park parking lot. I don't think there is any one person to blame. It's just what happen's when you are renegade flying. I'm very confident that we will find another field we can use.

Adam
Big Browns is offline Find More Posts by Big Browns
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,674 Posts
On behalf of Dana (Hohokam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Browns View Post
I have been flying there on week day's for over a year and never had a problem. This issue began when the plumbing company moved in. They are not very accomidating. It would be possible to fly on the field to the East and park in the park parking lot. I don't think there is any one person to blame. It's just what happen's when you are renegade flying. I'm very confident that we will find another field we can use.

Adam
Here's a PM I received from Dana (Hohokam):

As I left this morning I noticed that the gate was not locked but there was a chain with a lock in front of the gate ... as I was leaving I did talk to a city employee about parking at the end of roosevelt and he didn't see any problem , so long as we don't block the gate into the facility or the fire hydrant.

Nothing has happened to suggest that we can't fly at the field. If anything, we'll be further away from the buildings, which (almost) eliminates an accident waiting to happen. We've had many near-misses, myself included. One of my wings still has splinters from "landing" in the big tree just outside the covered parking.

Charlie, George - when are you leaving for Sweden?
Last edited by BavarianCharles; Jun 22, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:04 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles View Post
Charlie, George - when are you leaving for Sweden?
In 6 days, Tuesday the 28th in the am. Long ride... Luckily we will have a couple of days to rest before the flippin begins!

Thanks so much for everyone's support! We will put it all on the line.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:37 AM
Joined Jan 2008
4,436 Posts
Charlie, George:

Go get 'em, guys. Show 'em how it's REALLY done.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:37 AM
Joined Jan 2008
4,436 Posts
Charlie, George:

Go get 'em, guys. Show 'em how it's REALLY done.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:56 AM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post
In 6 days, Tuesday the 28th in the am. Long ride... Luckily we will have a couple of days to rest before the flippin begins!

Thanks so much for everyone's support! We will put it all on the line.

Charlie
Git 'er done Team USA...

Time now to adjust the body clocks for that wonderful jet lag...
...Or you'll want to hit the sack right after the pilot's meeting at The Big Dance.

Best To You!
John
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Is this guy double jointed?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:30 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2005
1,062 Posts
George and Charlie

You guys are the most prepared hard working fliers I know!

Good luck!

Scott
clearvisionscott is offline Find More Posts by clearvisionscott
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:53 AM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,724 Posts
George and Charlie....you guys are the best. The Arizona pilots have seen first hand your outstanding flying skills. You guys have proved your selves at every major contest in the United States, in every type of flying condition and against the best pilots. Now for the final challenge and success!
Best of Luck!!
-Dave
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:08 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,674 Posts
HiTec Optima Pigtails

The standard antenna on an Optima receiver is app. 200mm long. These cables are a good replacement - 500mm long, and 5X in the bag. Nice for routing the antenna out of a carbon pod back far enough so you don't snag it during a hand-catch.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...952-ND&x=0&y=0

You won't have the BODA thingamajig, but I don't need the limited amount of information sent by the Optima 6 to the TX.

I cut the second connector off, and strip the outer (black) protective casing and the inner coax mesh-shield (grey) using an old-fashioned wire stripper with a thumbscrew. Whatever you do, don't cut into the antenna wire, and give the pigtail a good yank and range check before its first use.

Name: P1010843.JPG
Views: 48
Size: 100.2 KB
Description:

Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:09 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,674 Posts
HiTec Optima Pigtails

Double posting - how do I remove a post?