Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:01 AM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,695 Posts
The parts we are getting does not matter v1 or v2.

Pod
Tail Boom
Wing mount
CF tail boom stand off.
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2009, 04:31 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,327 Posts
I posted this on the Chandler Bowl thread but thought it more appropriate here:

If anyone is interested, it sounds like Tony has a NOS (New, old stock. approx 1 year old never assembled) orange Blaster2 he would like to sell. He is asking $370 local p/u at the bowl.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:56 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
Charlie,
what is the difference with the "old stock" and "new stock"? are there changes in the construction?

we will miss you guys this weekend but i think the turnout will be so little that it will probably turn into a fun-fly. happy holidays everybody!
cheers
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:26 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
NOS is a term applied to items that are not "fresh off the line", but otherwise New, unused. It's a term frequently applied to vintage car parts and electron tubes for HAM and music equipment. If you already knew that, forgive me. I've got epoxy on the brain. (Thanks again, guz!)

As far as the differences, if any, in a "new" or "old" blaster, IDK. Sorry.
carlsoti is online now Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Dec 04, 2009, 12:57 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
If you already knew that, forgive me. I've got epoxy on the brain.
no, i didnt know that. thanks for the info. i am not very well cultured thanks for the clarification. i was wondering if there had been modifications to the blaster airframe in the last year or so. i dont fly blasters, i dont have the arm for it, but i like to know all the happening in the DLG scene.
thanks
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2009, 02:14 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,327 Posts
Hi Paul,

The only mod before Tony's Blaster2 was going from a Kevlar wrapped boom to full CF. The older ones have a greenish boom and the newer ones have a black boom. More recently and after Tony got his, they made some more mods to strengthen the pod/boom connection and or the boom near the pod... IIRC.

Have fun this weekend! Missing you guys already...

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Dec 05, 2009, 11:43 AM
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
Is anyone planning on flying at the bowl this afternoon?
Old Dec 05, 2009, 12:19 PM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,132 Posts
I'll be out in a bit
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old Dec 05, 2009, 01:32 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
What do you guys think about the RAM3 as a training aid?

Considering that a howhigh only measures peak altitude, I though the RAM3 might be more beneficial as I could use it to help with the actual plane set-up. A high sample rate could be used to help set-up best L/D, etc by flying for a day with a particular set-up, averaging the results, making a set-up change, then repeating the whole thing and noting the changes.

Just an idea... Let me know what you think.
Old Dec 05, 2009, 04:10 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,243 Posts
Ram3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
What do you guys think about the RAM3 as a training aid?

Considering that a howhigh only measures peak altitude, I though the RAM3 might be more beneficial as I could use it to help with the actual plane set-up. A high sample rate could be used to help set-up best L/D, etc by flying for a day with a particular set-up, averaging the results, making a set-up change, then repeating the whole thing and noting the changes.

Just an idea... Let me know what you think.
I use one & like it, very small & light, decent software. It does not read out the altitude without a computer hookup though. Mine also drifts in respect to ground elevation, easy to get around in the software by setting beginning & end points.
bbbp is online now Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Dec 08, 2009, 12:20 AM
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
Thanks, Bob. My intent was to NOT read the alt while flying...just concentrate on flying. Then, when the day is done, look at the data and, over time, build up enough data that I can infer if a change has made a difference for the better or worse.

On another note, does anyone know if there are any deals to be had on CA in the valley? Are all the hobby shops priced pretty much the same on that stuff? I'm in the middle of slapping my dad's aileron Slow Stick together, and found that BOTH bottles of foam-safe CA are...uh... a little sluggish.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 06:44 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,695 Posts
You guys missed a good flying evening today. Since the day I started to fly DLG up till now, I have not seen anyday that the air was like this evening.

It was not cold, was not windy, it was calm, I almost said dead but I know someone will argue with me...

- Not sure if it was the new radio?
- Not sure if it was the Stobel finally is tune with the new radio.
- Not sure if it was the air?

But I was getting 2:30mins for like 10 throw (not so high throw either). I have never seen my Stobel move through the air like today. With just a little amount of flap, but it was moving through the air so SLOW that it was unreal, UNREAL.

For a moment I thought I was flying in a Gym.
I'm still impress right now!
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:40 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
I kinda figured that would be the case. In order to save my fingers from uneccessary punishment, I dremeled off one half of my blade last night. Once I finish building my dad's aileron SS, I'll get back to the business of putting in a new (and hopefully properly positioned) throwing blade. (blisters on top of blisters hurt)
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
Joined Jul 2004
3,210 Posts
Glad you had a nice evening Vu. It was the air.

Yesterday Tim and I were getting many 2:30 flights but there was a slight breeze. The wind didn't slow down until you showed up, but was still 1-2mph when I left. There was areas of lift on some throws, but it was surrounded by strong sink that would pull the DLG down 10-20 feet before entering the thermal. On other throws no strong lift was to be found, but the air was buoyant creating 2-3 min flights.

Calm nights are amazing, since you're hands off most of the flight except to turn back in bounds. I like winter soaring the most Just wait until this high pressure leaves, then you'll be even more amazed on a clam day/night. The high pressure cell produces some downward compression in the atmosphere, and without this there would be even MORE lift.
RotorCycle is online now Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:01 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,113 Posts
I wouldn't argue with you about evening flying, Vuuuster! What made you think that I'll do that? Lol!

What new radio is this?

Jun C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helisfreak View Post
You guys missed a good flying evening today. Since the day I started to fly DLG up till now, I have not seen anyday that the air was like this evening.

It was not cold, was not windy, it was calm, I almost said dead but I know someone will argue with me...

- Not sure if it was the new radio?
- Not sure if it was the Stobel finally is tune with the new radio.
- Not sure if it was the air?

But I was getting 2:30mins for like 10 throw (not so high throw either). I have never seen my Stobel move through the air like today. With just a little amount of flap, but it was moving through the air so SLOW that it was unreal, UNREAL.

For a moment I thought I was flying in a Gym.
I'm still impress right now!
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats