SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:38 PM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRamunition View Post
just for testing, I put a brand new HobbyCity 2g tail motor in and it is the same thing. It just won't hold the tail there, it spins clockwise slowly.

Should I buy a new 2406c and try it with that. The thing is that I had this problem since day one.
Its suppose to spin CCW
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:38 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRamunition View Post
just for testing, I put a brand new HobbyCity 2g tail motor in and it is the same thing. It just won't hold the tail there, it spins clockwise slowly.

Should I buy a new 2406c and try it with that. The thing is that I had this problem since day one.
If you are using a 2801TX than get a 2605A RX this allows for adjustments to gyro gain via the TX and gives more servo throw for outdoor flying.. If I'm remembering right let me look at mine..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
35 Posts
I have the 2402 controller.

I ordered the 2.9g motor from Wow Hobbies last week and I can imagine the clockwise spin will get even worse due to more powerful tail motor.

I'm clueless now on what the problem could be.
LosiRamunition is offline Find More Posts by LosiRamunition
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:45 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRamunition View Post
I have the 2402 controller.

I ordered the 2.9g motor from Wow Hobbies last week and I can imagine the clockwise spin will get even worse due to more powerful tail motor.

I'm clueless now on what the problem could be.
How many seconds/minutes does it take to rotate 360 degrees?
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
35 Posts
around 7-10 seconds.
LosiRamunition is offline Find More Posts by LosiRamunition
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:03 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRamunition View Post
around 7-10 seconds.
and your saying that you can or can't make it stop by using trim? You can hold it straight with rudder right.. when you do a punch up does the tail swing or is it steady. during flight is the tail smooth other that the rotation no with no waging.. You did play with the gyro and set it to wag and then backed off just till the waging stopped right?? Or can't you get it to wag??
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
35 Posts
When doing punches, it swings a bit.

I can't get the tail to wag. I was trying to adjust it between 10 to 12 o clock and at certain points, when I start the heli, the tail motor will run first and then give 30% more throttle, the main motor comes into play. Normally it is the other way around.
LosiRamunition is offline Find More Posts by LosiRamunition
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:21 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRamunition View Post
When doing punches, it swings a bit.

I can't get the tail to wag. I was trying to adjust it between 10 to 12 o clock and at certain points, when I start the heli, the tail motor will run first and then give 30% more throttle, the main motor comes into play. Normally it is the other way around.
OK we seem to have something strange going on.. I took mine with the 2605A out on the driveway.. I'm sure last time I flew it it was fine.. This time I had to hold left rudder the whole flight,, but the strange thing is that after a minute the heli would only fly in ground effect with the skids just off the ground and this went on for 5 minutes. All this time needing lots of left rudder.. Getting to late tonight to look into this but I think there is something in common here and it has to do with the power from the main motor isn't as much as the RX is telling the tail motor there should be.. and the tail motor is supplying the power called for by the throttle and over powering the main.. might be as easy as worn out connectors from the battery....
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:09 AM
Registered User
john aeras's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2009
327 Posts
Hey guys, just modded my CB100, take a look, let me know what you think!

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
john aeras is offline Find More Posts by john aeras
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:14 AM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Oct 2010
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
OK we seem to have something strange going on.. I took mine with the 2605A out on the driveway.. I'm sure last time I flew it it was fine.. This time I had to hold left rudder the whole flight,, but the strange thing is that after a minute the heli would only fly in ground effect with the skids just off the ground and this went on for 5 minutes. All this time needing lots of left rudder.. Getting to late tonight to look into this but I think there is something in common here and it has to do with the power from the main motor isn't as much as the RX is telling the tail motor there should be.. and the tail motor is supplying the power called for by the throttle and over powering the main.. might be as easy as worn out connectors from the battery....
Mine behaved likewise when new, had main motor power surges after flying a couple of minutes. It was the main motor ESC plug that was not fully seated, plus it had some dirt on one of the pins. Good it was an easy fix.
Helicrush is offline Find More Posts by Helicrush
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
35 Posts
I just hate this problem and I really don't know where to begin.

Since the Tail ESC gets power from the main ESC, I don't think a worn out battery connector is an issue.
LosiRamunition is offline Find More Posts by LosiRamunition
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:58 AM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRamunition View Post
I just hate this problem and I really don't know where to begin.

Since the Tail ESC gets power from the main ESC, I don't think a worn out battery connector is an issue.
Well then what is your answer to the problem?? I have been thinking about mine and I was wrong I remember now that I have been having problem with it and that's one reason that I haven't been flying it.. I have a lost of main motor power and the tail is driving the heli as if the main was making the correct power to blades.. Have to figure out what's wrong..

Your gear mesh isn't to tight is it?

I might of found my problem the main motor plug is very loose I'm going to hard wire the motor and see if this will solve my problem..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Nov 10, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:54 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Be careful, if you solder onto the pins left when you pull the connectors. You bend them twice and they break, Bob.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:17 AM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Be careful, if you solder onto the pins left when you pull the connectors. You bend them twice and they break, Bob.

regards,
Bill
I cut off the pins and went from the ESC to the motor leads with new wire. Problem solved flying like it's old self now..

So I was right if the main motor can't get the power that it's being told to run at because of bad connections it can't but the tail motor will still be getting the power that it's being told to run at and does.. So there was my tail over powering the main blades and causing me to have to hold lots of left rudder stick and the lost of lift shortly into flight but still having the endurance to fly the whole 350mA that I had to replace into the 400mAh battery..

Now as far as his problem I'm still not sure if he is having a problem or if he is just asking to much from the gyro to hold a heading forever.. Wish I could fly it myself and see.. Mine doesn't hold for long but I have my rudder stick centering spring so loose that it takes no pressure to hold the heli straight and I spend most of the flight flying around and not trying to see how long it will hover in place hands off..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
35 Posts
I noticed that the connection from the main ESC to the main motor is a bit loose, I will try to solder them tonight and see if it helps.

Did you have to replace the wires? Or you just cut off the connector and directly solder them?

I don't know if I'm expecting too much from he gyro, but when hovering, the tail should at least stay still right?
LosiRamunition is offline Find More Posts by LosiRamunition
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are the little wires in my Lipo Kokam 3s3p? lempert Batteries and Chargers 1 Aug 18, 2004 06:54 AM
I held Babe Ruth's bat in my hands yesterday NewbieX Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Feb 01, 2004 11:40 AM
Wemotec MC-001 Micro Fans in My Hands !!!! EAMRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 35 Jul 06, 2002 05:30 PM
How hot can my receiver get in my Aspire Ripley Modeling Science 4 Jun 25, 2002 01:58 PM