HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2010, 09:26 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymannan View Post
My CB100 is about 4 weeks old including shipping
Right so it looks like one of the silent upgrades walkera are known for - so how well does the tail hold with this new Rx - the big criticism with the older rate gyro's on the 4#3 series was that the trim drifted as the battery run down - does this new gyro hold the trim all the way through the battery - and being a "simple" HH does trim adversely affect it ?

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:32 AM
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2003
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin View Post
Jason, are you still cutting those tail rotors?
In my case, Jason's tail rotors were a money saver, at one point, I was breaking 3 stock tail rotors a week. After I got Jason's rotor, I have not broken anything in the tail section since. (I use a pair of trimmed 4G6 tail blades with Jason's rotor) If Jason can get it right, it is a treasure to be had.
Samay is offline Find More Posts by Samay
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:59 AM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Right so it looks like one of the silent upgrades walkera are known for - so how well does the tail hold with this new Rx - the big criticism with the older rate gyro's on the 4#3 series was that the trim drifted as the battery run down - does this new gyro hold the trim all the way through the battery - and being a "simple" HH does trim adversely affect it ?

Regards David
Well, I don't think the trim is drifting, but when hovering you can have the gyro giving small right pushes. I am not sure if this is a trim issue or something else, I haven't figured that out yet. It doesn't always do that...
bymannan is offline Find More Posts by bymannan
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:27 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Well, I don't think the trim is drifting, but when hovering you can have the gyro giving small right pushes. I am not sure if this is a trim issue or something else, I haven't figured that out yet. It doesn't always do that...
its vibration on the gyro dude
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:36 AM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
its vibration on the gyro dude
Thanks, what do I need to do?
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:54 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, what do I need to do?
Find the vibe,,main shaft is bent or wires are touching the gyro case or pos the tail boom is loose or split at the main body mount? balance the blades also , you can do that with just a bolt and two glases.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 08:46 AM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
I bet it's my beat up blades. They have been slicing everything on their way. Including the cat .

Thanks.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:03 PM
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2003
854 Posts
Quote:
I bet it's my beat up blades. They have been slicing everything on their way. Including the cat .

Thanks.
Check your tail boom as well, check to see if it is tight. Everything I get the slight drifting thing, it is because my tail boom is loose, and affecting the gyro and tail motor. I've gone through 7+ booms, I speak from experience.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:22 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,482 Posts
hay Samay were have you been? You stop flying, haven't heard from you in a long time, welcome back
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:51 PM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
The tail is tight. I had some vibration with the blades off, the blade holders were bent a bit. After straightening them out the vibration reduced somewhat, but the gyro still does that thing.

Should it be super smooth or could it have a bit of vibration??
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:46 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
Quote:
The tail is tight. I had some vibration with the blades off, the blade holders were bent a bit. After straightening them out the vibration reduced somewhat, but the gyro still does that thing.

Should it be super smooth or could it have a bit of vibration??
It really shouldnt have vibes dude ,,it wont like it
Old Sep 06, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joined Aug 2008
170 Posts
Main Rotor Blade Performance Comparison 4#3, 4#3B, 4#3Q

Built a crude rotorblade test stand last year to tweak a set of 15" blades for a 'FrankenKopter'. Thought it might be interesting to see if it would measure any differences among the (much smaller) 4#3 class blades.

Surprisingly, it could see the difference, and it was kinda interesting. Passing results along.

In the results table, the last four rows show values adjusted for a hovering fictious heli that is 50 grams AUW (just a basis for comparison). Even given the spread in repeated trials, it is pretty clear that the 'Q' blades require less actual mechanical power to achieve the same lifting thrust.

More details on the test stand are in my blog.
LiftBuster is offline Find More Posts by LiftBuster
Last edited by LiftBuster; Sep 06, 2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: minor edit for clarity
Old Sep 06, 2010, 09:22 PM
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2003
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
hay Samay were have you been? You stop flying, haven't heard from you in a long time, welcome back
Hi Vronny. Yea I've been a little busy with traveling and stuff, I didn't want to take the cb10 with me as it is bulky. But every time when I get back to Hong Kong, even the new batteries would be pretty much dead after a charge . So for now I'm just putting it off until I get some cheap batteries on eBay. Do these batteries need some sort of special caring if they are to be left unused for weeks at a time?

How are you enjoying the cb100 Vronny? Besides the slight problems we all have with it once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftBuster View Post
Built a crude rotorblade test stand last year to tweak a set of 15" blades for a 'FrankenKopter'. Thought it might be interesting to see if it would measure any differences among the (much smaller) 4#3 class blades.

Surprisingly, it could see the difference, and it was kinda interesting. Passing results along.

In the results table, the last four rows show values adjusted for a hovering fictious heli that is 50 grams AUW (just a basis for comparison). Even given the spread in repeated trials, it is pretty clear that the 'Q' blades require less actual mechanical power to achieve the same lifting thrust.

More details on the test stand are in my blog.
I definitely love the "Q" blades, they last so much longer since they are more tough. Both blades right now have a half inch crack in them, it is taped up a little, and the cb100 still flies perfectly true! (while the battery lasts...) The Q blades are quite resilient blades, one of the LHS I buy from said to me "ahh... you figured out the secret... darn it"
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:23 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,482 Posts
Hi Samay, got a 4.5g outrunner with a 7A2 ESC. But it seems to be cogging so I have to take back have them check it out, because it was suppose plug and playWe will see what happens
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:57 PM
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2003
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Hi Samay, got a 4.5g outrunner with a 7A2 ESC. But it seems to be cogging so I have to take back have them check it out, because it was suppose plug and playWe will see what happens
What do you mean by cogging Vronny?