HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2009, 01:35 PM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
I would say it is way too heavy for the 5s but no expert. No you cannot just plug it in. I meant only Walkera brushless motors will just plug in. You need the ESC also.
Quote: HP05S dont run with WK ESC! but with a XP07A ESC and pignon 20T ive only 7' fly time with 45.2 gr weight onto stock motor 9' fly time with 49.5 gr weight (lipo 500 mah)
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2009, 01:39 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITech
Thanks Tony! Yesterday was FUN!

I don't have a lot of time but, I'm on lunch, The TechHead is not 90* or 45*. Somewere in between. It's a secret!

GTG,
Jay
ahh I didnt even notice it was not 90. Man I wish there was less wind yesterday. I wanted to fly it outside. I did not even think that featherweight would fly in the wind like that and I fly in the wind all the time. Not with a 4#3B though. I fly my 4G6 in stupid wind but it is a CP heli. I run a little neg pitch so when you bring it down it comes down. I wish I had a vid camera to show how well the TechHead B flew in a hurricane. Jay said lets take it outside and I walked out and said NO WAY you are NUTS. I thought yeah right bro this thing will get blown 3 lots down before it launches. I was wrong it looked like a humming bird on crack man cutting through the wind like a knife. Woohooo
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2009, 01:52 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-FELN
Quote: HP05S dont run with WK ESC! but with a XP07A ESC and pignon 20T ive only 7' fly time with 45.2 gr weight onto stock motor 9' fly time with 49.5 gr weight (lipo 500 mah)
I thought the CB100 would be too heavy for that motor. Are your weights with or without the battery. I assume that is without the battery. Mine weighs 51.5 without the battery all stock. I wonder if the motor is working too hard to be efficient? You would think the flight time would be the same. Also Jay had the best luck with the cheap 400mAh zippy for his heli but it is real light. He said max flight was 12min.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:05 PM
CB100, 4G6, Trex250, Lama400
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jun 2009
176 Posts
Hopefully I get mine by wednesday....
Also I contacted Miracle-Mart asking if they test the electronics and make sure everything is moving properly and everything and they do.
Which is good, so everything should be good when it gets here.

I'll probably purchase the tail upgrade in a few months once I get a job.
Rocketright is offline Find More Posts by Rocketright
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:28 PM
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
Actually you can run the hp05s with the wk esc, only you have to use the tail esc, I use it on my 4#3b with brushed tail and original rx2406, after I binned the 2406a with the crappy gyro
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:34 PM
If it flies, I will CRUSH it!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Feb 2009
474 Posts
I finally finished my conversion from 4#3B to CB100. It flies really well and I like it way more than before. You can really whip it around outside with the servo movement you get from the RX2605A. I really like this rotorhead setup with the hard CF blades from CQE, the combination performs outstanding.
Mine isn't quite as sweet as malcr001's but I thought I would share:
RX2605A
HP06S 16T + XP7A on Main
HP03T + HP05EA (Flea clone) on tail with JJ tailcase and CF fin
MIA Skids and CF look canopy
CQE B2 CF blades
4B120 tail blade and CF pattern stickers on servo's

Weight is kind of heavy at 61.1 grams with 400mah 20C battery, but I still get nice 7+ flight times.

Ryan
Crushalot is offline Find More Posts by Crushalot
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:42 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,647 Posts
Crushalot, great looking heli as usual.

Im using the HP03 rewound motor at the moment. It gives enough punch but I'm tempted to try Gitechs idea of using the HP05 and HP06 hybrid motor since I dont get a lot of flight time out of this setup (just under 6 minutes on 400mah).
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:16 PM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
Quote:
I thought the CB100 would be too heavy for that motor. Are your weights with or without the battery. I assume that is without the battery. Mine weighs 51.5 without the battery all stock. I wonder if the motor is working too hard to be efficient? You would think the flight time would be the same. Also Jay had the best luck with the cheap 400mAh zippy for his heli but it is real light. He said max flight was 12min.
My weight is w/o battery + canopy

A question the stock motor is more efficient than HP05S w/ 20T?
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Last edited by I-FELN; Oct 12, 2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 04:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
111 Posts
How can you get cf blades from CQE? I've emailed him a few times, first time at least 2 weeks ago, and he hasn't returned any emails. Does he have a websit? How well does the cb100 fly with the cf compared to stock blades? Thanks, David
dcapi is offline Find More Posts by dcapi
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:25 PM
Days w/o Incident : Zero
Tucson, AZ
Joined Sep 2009
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushalot
I finally finished my conversion from 4#3B to CB100. It flies really well and I like it way more than before. You can really whip it around outside with the servo movement you get from the RX2605A. I really like this rotorhead setup with the hard CF blades from CQE, the combination performs outstanding.
Mine isn't quite as sweet as malcr001's but I thought I would share:
RX2605A
HP06S 16T + XP7A on Main
HP03T + HP05EA (Flea clone) on tail with JJ tailcase and CF fin
MIA Skids and CF look canopy
CQE B2 CF blades
4B120 tail blade and CF pattern stickers on servo's

Weight is kind of heavy at 61.1 grams with 400mah 20C battery, but I still get nice 7+ flight times.

Ryan

Ryan,
Great job on your build! The canopy looks awesome. All around great model. looking forward to video!!
desertflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by desertflyer1
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:26 PM
Goodyear, AZ
Joined Jan 2003
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapi
How can you get cf blades from CQE? I've emailed him a few times, first time at least 2 weeks ago, and he hasn't returned any emails. Does he have a websit? How well does the cb100 fly with the cf compared to stock blades? Thanks, David
Did you try and PM him?
Kelley is offline Find More Posts by Kelley
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:38 PM
Efficiency Freak!
Toanawanda NY
Joined Nov 2006
1,620 Posts
Quote:
ahh I didnt even notice it was not 90. Man I wish there was less wind yesterday. I wanted to fly it outside. I did not even think that featherweight would fly in the wind like that and I fly in the wind all the time. Not with a 4#3B though. I fly my 4G6 in stupid wind but it is a CP heli. I run a little neg pitch so when you bring it down it comes down. I wish I had a vid camera to show how well the TechHead B flew in a hurricane. Jay said lets take it outside and I walked out and said NO WAY you are NUTS. I thought yeah right bro this thing will get blown 3 lots down before it launches. I was wrong it looked like a humming bird on crack man cutting through the wind like a knife. Woohooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-FELN
My weight is w/o battery + canopy

A question the stock motor is more efficient than HP05S w/ 20T?
The HP05s can't handle ~60g with a 20t pinion. Just not the right combo. The HP06s on 14,15, or 16t is better for heavy weights.

Also, a XP-7A is needed for outrunners. The Walkera ESC can (sometimes) run them but it does not do it correctly, timing and all, ya know?! The wk ESC was made for 2 poll inrunners and the programing can't be changed, so it runs outrunners hotter and with less efficiency.

Here is the reply I just sent to Toms' PM:

Hi Tom,

Good job on all your coverage of the CB100!!!

I flew Tony's CB with the red turbo ace and I would not recommend it. It is too powerful and too heavy. Makes for a heli with very sensitive throttle and tons of inertia. Strange and hard to fly that way.

I would recommend the HP05s with 17t-19t pinion or HP06s with 14t-16t, or one of the AEO equivalent outrunners for the main, and an HP03t for the tail or AEO 3gram equivalent. I don't like either of the 2gram tail outrunners, too weak.

For an ESC I would recommend the XP-7A or Flea for the main, and high speed Flea for the tail. I am not sure if the Walkera tail ESC can run the HP03t or AEO 3g equivalent. You could ask on the forums.

I would never run an inrunner of any type.

Did I cover all the bases? Let me know if you have any more questions.

Later,
Jay
GITech is offline Find More Posts by GITech
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hollywood CA
Joined Jan 2008
866 Posts
Nice work Ryan,

Another fantastic looking heli!

I was looking at a very similar build using the HP06S 16T as per NanoFreak's suggestion.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushalot

Ryan
cyoung3000 is offline Find More Posts by cyoung3000
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:44 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
Hey Ryan,

anything different than this list you already posted?

Rotorhead
Swash
Blade Controller
Flybar and weights
Linkage set
Frame and servo holder
Blade holder (Not needed, but I didn't want a red blade grip in the middle of a blue rotorhead)
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:45 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapi
Here's the thread for the CF Blades:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1082651
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross