HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2010, 06:14 PM
Heli Basher
USA, MO, Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooface View Post
It should only have one O-ring on each side. Looking from the top, with the Feathering shaft in the head it should be Blade Grip, Washer, O-ring, Head, O-ring, Washer, Blade Grip. One thing you may want to look at is the weights on the end of the flybar, make sure they are screwed on all the way and balanced. Also make sure the blade controllers are not binding. Good Luck.
no way!?!? bought mine from wow, this is the first time i've taken apart the head, and I definitely took 4 o-rings out.
Banana Jack is offline Find More Posts by Banana Jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2010, 11:15 PM
Pro at Uncontrolled Landings
SoCal, Pruhdoe Bay AK
Joined Oct 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Jack View Post
no way!?!? bought mine from wow, this is the first time i've taken apart the head, and I definitely took 4 o-rings out.
Unless this is a new design or update (I am not arguing your validity), All 3 CB100's I have upgraded to the MSR Feathering Shaft O-Ring/Washer mod, had only 2 O-rings on the Feathering shaft. Can anyone else confirm or deny?
Tattooface is offline Find More Posts by Tattooface
Old Aug 09, 2010, 11:30 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooface View Post
Unless this is a new design or update (I am not arguing your validity), All 3 CB100's I have upgraded to the MSR Feathering Shaft O-Ring/Washer mod, had only 2 O-rings on the Feathering shaft. Can anyone else confirm or deny?
Hi guys,

Both my CB100s came as Tattooface described, and I just finished installing a new head on one of mine that came as he described. For confirmation, just look at the parts picture of the head, you can see the circlip if you look very closely (use the 'view larger image' function):
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-cb100-z...keracb100.aspx

Either they updated the design, or Banana Jack's heli was made early on a Monday morning.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:50 AM
Jakarta, Indonesia
Joined Mar 2010
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Fixed pitch helis, like the CB100, use blades which have a specific pitch and you move the heli up and down by simply adjusting the speed at which they are spinning. If you were to try to flip it upside down then the force of the blades would simply push it toward the ground.

Collective pitch helis (the ones that can fly upside down) use a system where the blades have a flat symmetrical airfoil and the head is always spinning at a constant speed. You then make it go up/down by dynamically adjusting the pitch of the blades. So instead of the left stick actually controlling the throttle, like it does on the CB100, it controls the pitch of the blades. When setup for 3D flight the pitch is set to 0 degrees at mid stick. So when you push the stick above the center marker the heli gets positive pitch and goes up. When you push it below center it gets negative pitch which, when right side up, pushes the heli toward the ground, but when upside down actually pushes the heli up in the air and allows it to fly upside down.

Dan
Hi Dan,

thanks for the explaination. i think i just really need to stabilize my thumbs first before i move up to FP helis. i believe its not easy for me to fly 3D.
nitrodamuz is offline Find More Posts by nitrodamuz
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
Heli Basher
USA, MO, Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
must've been really early monday morning then. I bought it awhile ago too, 7 or 8 months ago now...and i'm 100% sure 4 orings came out.
Anyways, i took 2 of them out, and it flies way better now. Like it did before i switched out o-rings. Much much better. I think the floating it does now is due to me not knowing how to fly very well, and not knowing enough about helis to setup a handsoff hover-ing heli.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Jack View Post
must've been really early monday morning then. I bought it awhile ago too, 7 or 8 months ago now...and i'm 100% sure 4 orings came out.
Anyways, i took 2 of them out, and it flies way better now. Like it did before i switched out o-rings. Much much better. I think the floating it does now is due to me not knowing how to fly very well, and not knowing enough about helis to setup a handsoff hover-ing heli.
I dont go with all that hands off setup stuff,these helis are never all that stable anyhoo as they are so light and dinky,some people even take the springs out of the stick that controles the tail left and right to comensate for tail drift as the lipo gets low,so long as the heli is stable and predictable thats set up good enough dude have fun
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:09 PM
Heli Basher
USA, MO, Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
well okay. i've just heard a lot about people saying the cb100 is soooo stable, it's so easy to just put down the tx and walk away, but mine's not like that, so i was worried.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
Every heli I own that has a direct drive tail motor like this has the drift you're describing. When the lipo is fully charged they want to rotate clockwise and as it loses juice they start to go CCW. I trim mine out so that it's about where it needs to be to hold a stable hover after about 1 minute of flying. Before and after that "sweet spot" I compensate for it until it becomes so bad that it's distracting, then I just land and move on to the next battery.

Dan
Dan203 is offline Find More Posts by Dan203
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:08 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
My CB100 is the only Walkera heli I have owned which does not require trimming the rudder during flight.
All the others I have owned needed adjustments during flight.
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Aug 11, 2010, 03:21 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Every heli I own that has a direct drive tail motor like this has the drift you're describing. When the lipo is fully charged they want to rotate clockwise and as it loses juice they start to go CCW. I trim mine out so that it's about where it needs to be to hold a stable hover after about 1 minute of flying. Before and after that "sweet spot" I compensate for it until it becomes so bad that it's distracting, then I just land and move on to the next battery.

Dan
try without the spring you might like it.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:57 AM
Wolf Pack RC Heli Club
East of the Sun and West of the Moon
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
Hey! Has anyone found server horns WITHOUT the much coveted WOW Hobbies modification (no snipping off the end)? I fly outdoors and i want to get more aileron travel by moving to the outside. What do you guyz do? buy a back up set of servos to get the horns? not a bad idea to have extra parts like servos but i was just wondering if you found a place to buy just the horns.
WolfPack Leadr is offline Find More Posts by WolfPack Leadr
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:08 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPack Leadr View Post
Hey! Has anyone found server horns WITHOUT the much coveted WOW Hobbies modification (no snipping off the end)? I fly outdoors and i want to get more aileron travel by moving to the outside. What do you guyz do? buy a back up set of servos to get the horns? not a bad idea to have extra parts like servos but i was just wondering if you found a place to buy just the horns.
Just use the horn you have and glue a small peice of plastic along the front or rear of it to length you require and its job done,cyno will do the job and dry fast also,wont even need to remove the horn just make the hole in it before you glue.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:29 AM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPack Leadr View Post
Hey! Has anyone found server horns WITHOUT the much coveted WOW Hobbies modification (no snipping off the end)?
That's not WOW - It comes from Walkera that way - IB
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:32 AM
Wolf Pack RC Heli Club
East of the Sun and West of the Moon
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
Jossy, well then, we should all thank Walkera for the free enhanced servo horns!
WolfPack Leadr is offline Find More Posts by WolfPack Leadr
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:14 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
After they cut them off they sell them as servo horn extentions lol