Old Aug 04, 2010, 06:16 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Some inderpendent perspective....

Darryl provided me with so much behind the scenes help with my 4g3 when I first got it, honestly it was remarkable.

From what I know of Darryl he is in it for the hobby. He used to fly larger helis but has chosen to fly these little guys now so he brings alot of knowledge to the micro sector. Most guys move through micro, or dabble a little and then take their knowledge elsewhere. Being Darryl now prefers these small helis he would be a very useful guy to help debug and test new products, helis and I believe that is what the relationship is about.

He helps these vendors, whom he is probably good mates with, and in return gets to fly the new helis, products, and possibly gets a few parts, etc here and there.

I understand you guys are just wondering so I thought I'd give my opinion founded from the few years I've been reading Darryl's posts and the time he's spent helping me through pm's.

I think integrity is of paramount importance to him and that in itself would make it quite hard sometimes.

Amp
I'm back from the cottage for a day or two and I'll agree with you on your take on Darryl.I have always enjoyed his reports on the newest Walkera's even if it always ended up costing me more money..

Not one single heli flight while I was there. Got some UM J-3 flights in but the darn mosquitoes are eating me up so bad it's just not fun to fly..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2010, 06:42 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Some inderpendent perspective....

Darryl provided me with so much behind the scenes help with my 4g3 when I first got it, honestly it was remarkable.

From what I know of Darryl he is in it for the hobby. He used to fly larger helis but has chosen to fly these little guys now so he brings alot of knowledge to the micro sector. Most guys move through micro, or dabble a little and then take their knowledge elsewhere. Being Darryl now prefers these small helis he would be a very useful guy to help debug and test new products, helis and I believe that is what the relationship is about.

He helps these vendors, whom he is probably good mates with, and in return gets to fly the new helis, products, and possibly gets a few parts, etc here and there.

I understand you guys are just wondering so I thought I'd give my opinion founded from the few years I've been reading Darryl's posts and the time he's spent helping me through pm's.

I think integrity is of paramount importance to him and that in itself would make it quite hard sometimes.

Amp
Thanks for the kind words Amp. You're right about being in difficult situations sometimes. But, honestly, the vendors I am working with make it a lot easier. They themselves do not want to rip anybody off either and since this is a really hard customer service industry, I am trying (in a small way) of avoiding such spots for people like you and I. I just want to fly and modify.

Here are a few of my past bigger helis and a link to why I am extremely grateful to still be able to fly and chose to go with the micros. Don't look if you are not ready. Trust me, it is not pretty.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/rr/mygallery.htm
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:46 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Here are a few of my past bigger helis and a link to why I am extremely grateful to still be able to fly and chose to go with the micros. Don't look if you are not ready. Trust me, it is not pretty.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/rr/mygallery.htm
I've registered with the site, but the link doesn't seem to work. I've heard rumors about this . . . ..

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:48 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin View Post
Okay enough tongue wagging let seen more videos. Rafa hurry up with your repairs
I'm hurryin', I'm hurryin'. The first place I saw 4F200 parts at a super reasonable price was with Terence. If 1Hammer's '10 day' experience holds true for me, I should have parts the 12th or 13th. Parts, parts, parts,

Rafa
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:52 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
2801 Pro!!!

Oh yeah, there were 2 components to my latest heli purchase: a 4F200 . .... and a 2801 Pro! I've been flying my stock CB100 and my TechHead CB100 with my 2802 up till now. Will someone give me an idea of how I can use the 2801 Pro to my advantage with my two CB100s? I know it's been discussed thru out the thread, but I didn't really understand without the Pro in my hands.

If I'm going to make new models for the CB100s, what mode should I use? Seems like this topic could keep us busy for a while?

Rafa
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:58 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Oh yeah, there were 2 components to my latest heli purchase: a 4F200 . .... and a 2801 Pro! I've been flying my stock CB100 and my TechHead CB100 with my 2802 up till now. Will someone give me an idea of how I can use the 2801 Pro to my advantage with my two CB100s? I know it's been discussed thru out the thread, but I didn't really understand without the Pro in my hands.

If I'm going to make new models for the CB100s, what mode should I use? Seems like this topic could keep us busy for a while?

Rafa
Darn I need to spend more time at home.. I didn't even know that the 2802 was out yet. Why did you go back to the old 2801?? 1 servo at 90 degrees..
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:13 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:

Rafa
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Darn I need to spend more time at home.. I didn't even know that the 2802 was out yet. Why did you go back to the old 2801?? 1 servo at 90 degrees..
I think he means 2402... if that is the case set up your models for 2401 mode, and really the only advatage to that is the travel adjust - at least I believe they do effect travels on my CB with the stock RX... if you are willing to spend a bit, the 2605A is nice on the CB and then you can get into throttle curves and gryo sense etc.
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:19 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Darn it LB. As soon as you come back I make a mistake! I meant 2402. Now, back to my question . . .

Rafa
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:21 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
I've registered with the site, but the link doesn't seem to work. I've heard rumors about this . . . ..

Rafa
try this
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:23 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
I think he means 2402... if that is the case set up your models for 2401 mode, and really the only advatage to that is the travel adjust - at least I believe they do effect travels on my CB with the stock RX... if you are willing to spend a bit, the 2605A is nice on the CB and then you can get into throttle curves and gryo sense etc.
Oh, OK. 2605A is from 4G3. This is one of those things I remember hearing, but just didn't comprehend before. Thanks,

Rafa
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:26 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
try this
I thought I was ready for that, but no.

Makes me glad I started small, and it makes me worry a bit about those carbon fiber blades on the new bird.

Talk about jumping back on the horse . ...

Good job,

Rafa
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,524 Posts
Quote:
Darn it LB. As soon as you come back I make a mistake! I meant 2402. Now, back to my question . . .

Rafa
Will use it as 2401 mode but go into 2801 mode and set up throttle curve, dual rates, expo. Set up hot keys so you can quickly go back into these and change them without having to go into 2801 mode every time..
Old Aug 04, 2010, 09:04 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,996 Posts
Quote:
I thought I was ready for that, but no.

Makes me glad I started small, and it makes me worry a bit about those carbon fiber blades on the new bird.

Talk about jumping back on the horse . ...

Good job,

Rafa
Rafa you got that right. Kudoo's to DK for the love of a hobby.
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Aug 04, 2010, 11:22 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Thanks guys. Honestly, I owe this hobby a lot. If it were not for the drive to fly again I am not sure how the rehab on the hand might have gone. As a matter of fact, I didn't even go to the prescribed physical therapy for it. I used a rubber ball and my JR9303 Tx to regain flexibility and range of motion for my thumb and middle finger. I owe this hobby my very best side for sure.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 05, 2010, 06:33 AM
Jakarta, Indonesia
Joined Mar 2010
145 Posts
nice heli, Rafa.

i havent fly 6ch heli. i wonder how to make heli fly upside down like that. just use full throttle and slide or what.
nitrodamuz is offline Find More Posts by nitrodamuz