HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:01 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I would add a hot glue gun, spare tail motor, if you can solder some Hobby King 400mah batteries and some micro Deans connectors.. Read all the CB100 threads to pick up all the parts saving tips.
I was hoping of spending more time flying and not making a career of having to read over 10,000 CB100 posts!

There can't be that many parts saving tips. How about a condensed/abridged version? Maybe a list of search words?

In your above referenced post, are you suggesting/recommending the HK 400mAh batteries as your battery of choice preference? I will be placing an HK order anyway.

By the way, I've read the first 1/3, and maybe last 1/3 of this thread. Since I tend to be a hands-on type of learner, not having a CB100 makes it difficult for me to remember all the tips. I don't mind doing searches as things/difficulties pop up, but I wanted to save on shipping costs and try to make an "educated" purchase order based on your "historical" and trusted experiences.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:14 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I was hoping of spending more time flying and not making a career of having to read over 10,000 CB100 posts!

There can't be that many parts saving tips. How about a condensed/abridged version? Maybe a list of search words?

In your above referenced post, are you suggesting/recommending the HK 400mAh batteries as your battery of choice preference? I will be placing an HK order anyway.

By the way, I've read the first 1/3, and maybe last 1/3 of this thread. Since I tend to be a hands-on type of learner, not having a CB100 makes it difficult for me to remember all the tips. I don't mind doing searches as things/difficulties pop up, but I wanted to save on shipping costs and try to make an "educated" purchase order based on your "historical" and trusted experiences.
I would love to be able to sit here and spend hours talking about all we have learned about keeping the CB100 flying.. But my wife is finally ready to go to the cottage so I'll be out of touch till middle of next week..

But yes I like the way the CB flies with the HK 400 batteries but you have to solder your own wires and connectors to them. So if this isn't for you then get some good batteries with the Walkera connectors on them to start with..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:32 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I would love to be able to sit here and spend hours talking about all we have learned about keeping the CB100 flying.. But my wife is finally ready to go to the cottage so I'll be out of touch till middle of next week..

But yes I like the way the CB flies with the HK 400 batteries but you have to solder your own wires and connectors to them. So if this isn't for you then get some good batteries with the Walkera connectors on them to start with..
I think the Zippy 400's are very close in performance to the Oversky 400's at a far better price. Have you tried the 350's. Come in 9g with micro deans....my favourite pack for my 4#3B.

i812
Make sure you specify you want the latest firmware 2801...V2.3 from memory. Won't get outdated quite so fast.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:56 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

I'm looking at putting together sort of a Knowledge base where the common mods and repairs could be entered so that people (especially new) can easily find what they are looking for and don't have to sift through consversations but rather have one place for just content.... is this soemthing you guys would find useful and would use (and refer people to, and submit your mods, pic, vids and such too)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
I think the Zippy 400's are very close in performance to the Oversky 400's at a far better price. Have you tried the 350's. Come in 9g with micro deans....my favourite pack for my 4#3B.

Amp
Let me get this right - Zippy 350 - come with micro deans... these are available at Hobbyking?
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:08 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
I'm looking at putting together sort of a Knowledge base where the common mods and repairs could be entered so that people (especially new) can easily find what they are looking for and don't have to sift through consversations but rather have one place for just content.... is this soemthing you guys would find useful and would use (and refer people to, and submit your mods, pic, vids and such too)?

Let me get this right - Zippy 350 - come with micro deans... these are available at Hobbyking?
KB would be awesome.

Zippys all come bare cells. I meant "come in" as in weigh...ambigious upside-downers language maybe!

For battery wire I use this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...re_1mtr_(R/B/Y)
22awg is perfect for power wires (esc as well) on these palm helis. Nice quality too for a bargain.

Amp
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:40 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
KB would be awesome.

Zippys all come bare cells. I meant "come in" as in weigh...ambigious upside-downers language maybe!

For battery wire I use this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...re_1mtr_(R/B/Y)
22awg is perfect for power wires (esc as well) on these palm helis. Nice quality too for a bargain.

Amp
I have some down time coming up - if guys are interested in this KB I'll put together something. My idea is, in the long run, after a enough traffic is generated, and thus ad revenue, then the contributors would be paid based on the ad revenue generated by their articles... might not be much $$ but it is better than nothing and might help to pay for a battery or two every few months

I actually don't mind the idea of soldering onto those tabs (soldering batteries still freaks me out). Any picts of how those zippy's look with deans on them? $2 is a great price.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,957 Posts
Tom Z created and maintained sort of a KB in post 180 of this thread a while back ago. It is a good start, but probably could be improved upon, and better located.

Also, my question(s) weren't that mind boggling: Which parts should I stock up on, and in what quantities/ratios? I would have thought it would have been on the tip of every experienced CB100 pilot's mind.

dkfuji also gave what I thought was a lot of performance/mod advice. I'll be reading his advice again after I get my hands "warmed" and "break" in my CB100. Right now my hands are still cold trying to finalize my shopping list.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:20 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
Here is a great video that 1Hammer (John) took the time to create for us all to help us convert the lipos to micro deans.
It is important to watch this video before attempting the conversion,just to be safe.

Tutorial on Converting Stock Wakera 500mAh Battery to Deans Micro Plug. (5 min 13 sec)

Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:38 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
I have some down time coming up - if guys are interested in this KB I'll put together something. My idea is, in the long run, after a enough traffic is generated, and thus ad revenue, then the contributors would be paid based on the ad revenue generated by their articles... might not be much $$ but it is better than nothing and might help to pay for a battery or two every few months

I actually don't mind the idea of soldering onto those tabs (soldering batteries still freaks me out). Any picts of how those zippy's look with deans on them? $2 is a great price.

Zippy 350

2nd pic 350 on right next to a Oversky 400

Amp
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:03 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
There is a new CB100 heli coming soon...
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:01 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
There is a new CB100 heli coming soon...
Cool!,
Do you have any more info Darryl?
Is it a Walkera?
Is it CP or FP
Have Walkera decided to Moth the 4#6 style heli with SDVP tail.
Will it be flybarless
What colour (Color) will it be?
How hi can it fly Mr? Hehe just kidding
Iam like a 2 year old with all these questions.
Regards Jason
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:58 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Cool!,
Is it a Walkera?
Is it CP or FP
Will it be flybarless
Regards Jason
I think it is the CB100D - has a square tail boom.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:34 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
I think it is the CB100D - has a square tail boom.
I just Googled CB100D and found it was mentioned at the start of the year here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...12568&page=261 But it appears to have been around a while,but no mention. It even uses a brushed tailmotor
I wonder if it was a bitsa,They made to get rid of some old parts and sold off to someone.
Regards Jason
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:34 AM
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Cool!,
Is it a Walkera?
Is it CP or FP
Will it be flybarless
Regards Jason
Jason, it's the new V100D01. It is the world's smallest flybarless 3-axis heli. Very cool. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post15672876

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Last edited by wowhobbies; Jul 31, 2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:31 AM
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
New V100D01 flybarless,CB100 platform

New V100D01 flybarless,CB100 platform video just uploaded.
Walkera V100D01 at www.WowHobbies.com - Shipping now (2 min 59 sec)

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies