HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2010, 01:08 AM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Actually, I'm was playing with the idea for a DD 4G6 (trouble is to mount the tail drive gear between the motor and the frame and a bunch of other sundry details)... but then saw a few that might fit the bill for the CB frame... the idea that was really the bad one was the idea to place the motor under the frame and a 3 servo where the motor is (pitch servo) and use the CB as the basis for a mothed CP... I know, I know there is a whole bunch of stuff that would have to be done but the real kicker is where and how the back servos mount... so after about 20 minutes investigating I'm back with Amp's 4G3 as the basis for the moth. Once the parts are in it is literraly an afternoon project.

The other interesting idea was the DD on the 4G6 but mounted above the frame (where the plastice pipe for the bearing are... a Hyperion V1711 would fit snuggly in there... top of the motor would be right about where the fixing sleeve is.. but servos would have to be mounted differently and the motor is 17.5 g's.... etc etc etc. All part of the fun, finding solutions to problems that don't exist
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:01 AM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuk5799 View Post
hello,everyone

I am thinking about getting a cb 100 ,so can you tell me guys what you think about them. I do own a msr and really do like it,can fly pretty good but do have my share of crashes, I guess I would like to know if the cb is any harder to fly then a msr and how do they handle in a crash ,like to here your input. thanks

P.S. the blade 120 msr is coming out soon ,this maybe a nice little heli.
I truely love my CB's, not just because it was my first heli but because they are the ones I get the most flight time out of and are still allot of fun. Mine are fairing fairly well in crashes now - but you may need to go through a few replacment parts before you get a part that is good.
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Jul 09, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,937 Posts
Bump in an attempt to keep guys from starting new threads when we already have 2 good ones!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 09, 2010, 09:32 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
RX making heli gitter

My cb100 was flying fine with the RX2605A,then all of a sudden.the tail gitters,i hold the RX it calms it down.So i thought its getting vibration from some were,so i changed tail and main blades and main gear and nothing.so i take the plastic cover off the RX and pad the bottom,the sides and even by the gyro.Still gittering and twitching,so i put my RX2406C in and its fine.it doesnt gitter or twitch,i want to figure out whats wrong or what you guys think i should try.I do not want to downgrade to a 2406C RX,and the RX2605A isnt that old either not even a month old
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:28 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
My cb100 was flying fine with the RX2605A,then all of a sudden.the tail gitters,i hold the RX it calms it down.So i thought its getting vibration from some were,so i changed tail and main blades and main gear and nothing.so i take the plastic cover off the RX and pad the bottom,the sides and even by the gyro.Still gittering and twitching,so i put my RX2406C in and its fine.it doesnt gitter or twitch,i want to figure out whats wrong or what you guys think i should try.I do not want to downgrade to a 2406C RX,and the RX2605A isnt that old either not even a month old
I just went thru a similar thing. I would recommend taking the yellow wrap off the rx, making sure the little can is still well soldered, put some sort of vibration absorbing stuff between the rx and the frame (I use some 'servo tape' that I got at the LHS), then stick it on and find a rubber band or something similar (I used some of my 18 month old's hair ties) to put around the rx/frame to kind of squeeze the rx in place (not too tight), while it is still being dampened a bit from vibration. Good luck,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:40 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I just went thru a similar thing. I would recommend taking the yellow wrap off the rx, making sure the little can is still well soldered, put some sort of vibration absorbing stuff between the rx and the frame (I use some 'servo tape' that I got at the LHS), then stick it on and find a rubber band or something similar (I used some of my 18 month old's hair ties) to put around the rx/frame to kind of squeeze the rx in place (not too tight), while it is still being dampened a bit from vibration. Good luck,

Rafa
when u mean can,do u mean that round cylinder thing next to theecs servo plug.or the square gyro in front?
i put rubberbands on,when u look at the circut boards from the front there not standing straight up,there bit of an angle from the rubberbands.does it have to be standing straight up?
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Jul 09, 2010, 11:28 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
when u mean can,do u mean that round cylinder thing next to theecs servo plug.or the square gyro in front?
i put rubberbands on,when u look at the circut boards from the front there not standing straight up,there bit of an angle from the rubberbands.does it have to be standing straight up?
Yes, the little round cylinder that is laying down on the circuit board. Sometimes one of the pins will break off. I've never experienced it myself, but I think that the symptom has to do with the heli not binding, not the 'tail wag' that you are experiencing.

I think that the boards have to be standing pretty much straight up so that the gyro can measure yaw accurately. I'm sure a little tilt is not a bit deal, I'm not sure to say how much. How does it fly? Maybe play with the band tension a bit?

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jul 10, 2010, 01:08 AM
Walkera fan-boi
USA, FL, Sunny Isles Beach
Joined Jun 2009
166 Posts
Can anyone explain why the CB100, or just fixed pitch helis in general, are so prone to "fall on their sides" while flying? Not that I'm a super experienced pilot or anything at this point, but I feel I have more than enough stick time to be pushing the sticks the right way to avoid getting into this problem. Nonetheless, time and time again I'll be flying circuits and I'll come around a bend at some point and the heli will tilt on its side in the air and come crashing down.

Is this one of the reasons I hear more experienced pilots talking about less stabilization and more authority? Does the stab bar with weights on each end just do something funky in an attempt to auto correct that causes the heli to come crashing down?

Charlie
MiniChopper4Me is offline Find More Posts by MiniChopper4Me
Old Jul 10, 2010, 02:39 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
CB100 battery connectors

Greetings.
I just received my BNF CB100, and it came without a charger.
As you can imagine, I have discovered that none of my battery charger connectors suit the CB100 batteries.
Does anyone know of a ready source of the correct connectors, especially in Australia, please?
My LHS people just rolled their eyes when I asked them
Chris
ChrisLevo is offline Find More Posts by ChrisLevo
Old Jul 10, 2010, 02:51 AM
Joined Apr 2010
648 Posts
Charlie,

When a helicopter is stabilized, it has a bias in flight. Basically, the stabilized helicopter will always want to center itself, which results in uneven transitions when flying aggressively or even just scale flying. For example, the mSR has a bit of a 'rubber band' effect around center-stick as the rotor head is always trying to stabilize the helicopter. That results in some awkward behavior, though it can also be used to aid in other maneuvers sometimes.

A non-stabilized helicopter does not have a flight bias, and therefore will perform with more agility and in a much more linear manner, which is important especially for 3D stunt flying.

So, generally a non-stabilized helicopter has faster cyclic response and better performance, though this is not always true in every single case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniChopper4Me View Post
Can anyone explain why the CB100, or just fixed pitch helis in general, are so prone to "fall on their sides" while flying? Not that I'm a super experienced pilot or anything at this point, but I feel I have more than enough stick time to be pushing the sticks the right way to avoid getting into this problem. Nonetheless, time and time again I'll be flying circuits and I'll come around a bend at some point and the heli will tilt on its side in the air and come crashing down.

Is this one of the reasons I hear more experienced pilots talking about less stabilization and more authority? Does the stab bar with weights on each end just do something funky in an attempt to auto correct that causes the heli to come crashing down?

Charlie
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Old Jul 10, 2010, 03:57 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLevo View Post
Greetings.
I just received my BNF CB100, and it came without a charger.
As you can imagine, I have discovered that none of my battery charger connectors suit the CB100 batteries.
Does anyone know of a ready source of the correct connectors, especially in Australia, please?
My LHS people just rolled their eyes when I asked them
Chris
Hi Chris,
You will always get a strange reaction when you say the word "Walkera" in a local hobby shop.
Iam not too sure if they are still in bussiness,but you might have some luck here http://www.airbornerc.com.au/index.p...258df66eb9f350 looking for a Walkera battery charger.
I have bought many parts from them about 2 years ago,but they seam to be not buying any new stock now.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:25 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Or here when he gets stock in:
http://rchobby.com.au/index.php?page...iewCat&catId=7

The connectors are the same as the Losi Micro T...LHS may have them in the car section...you know the whole shop!

Walkera is blasphemy in Aus LHS'

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:58 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
If you aren't adverse to oversea suppliers, ChineseJade has stock and micro Deans type connectors. I don't blame you for wanting to spend your money at home. Terence [ChineseJade] is a great guy to deal with and very reliable.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,937 Posts
Why are you guys sending him from one hobby shop to another?!! It was a brand new heli that didn't come with a charger. Make the dealer who supplied the thing send him the charger he should have gotten with it!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:33 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Why are you guys sending him from one hobby shop to another?!! It was a brand new heli that didn't come with a charger. Make the dealer who supplied the thing send him the charger he should have gotten with it!!

Good point however he asked where he could buy a charger not whether it should come with one....

Also I'm pretty sure he ordered this:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3932

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw