HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:03 PM
it was just a bumpy landing...
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Nice job on the case!What are it's dimensions?I find myself wishing i had purchased my cb with one so have been looking into makeing or ordering one.I did find this one at harbor freight that looks good http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39196

Bud
sorry never mind on the dimensions i followed the link
The dimensions are 13x11x5.5 (Those are the outer dimensions). As for the harbor freight one I have seen it and it's almost identical. Just a little larger in length. I almost picked it up but then found this one and I liked the thought of keeping it as small as possible. If I wouldn't have ran across this one I would have gone with the Harbor Freight one and would have been extremely satisfied with it I'm sure. As for the pick and pluck foam, just really take your time in laying everything out the way you want it and it will come out nice. What I did for the sunken area where the helicopter sits is I layed out where I wanted the heli, then plucked out that section as one solid piece. Then I took our electric carving knife and cut the piece in half. Then I used spary adhesive to reattach to the uncut area around it causing it to have that sunken effect that you see.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:45 AM
Southwick, MA.
Joined Apr 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Mine sits proudly on my coffee table or desk

I would only put mine in a cage if it needed potty training or didn't behave.
I need to put all my helis away at night. Otherwise my cats will grab them and drag them around the house..

For some reason they will not stay away from them..
C.O.P.O is offline Find More Posts by C.O.P.O
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:42 AM
Eine melodie im wind
North Carolina, United States
Joined Jun 2003
444 Posts
Quote:
Mine sits proudly on my coffee table or desk

I would only put mine in a cage if it needed potty training or didn't behave.
Mines is perfectly behaved,just would like some protection for it when i take it to work instead of me watching it on the passenger seat and not watching the roadPlus i'm going to be installing some darth bodies hopefully soon and would like to keep the fuses from being damaged from transport also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O.P.O View Post
I need to put all my helis away at night. Otherwise my cats will grab them and drag them around the house..

For some reason they will not stay away from them..
Mine doesn't pay my little bird any mind what so ever.While i'm hovering he'll walk under it and plop down.He might like the breeze.He does like my cardboard landing pad though.Thinks it's a new scratching post
Buzzard is offline Find More Posts by Buzzard
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:45 PM
Hollywood CA
Joined Jan 2008
865 Posts
[QUOTE=kodak_jack;14711711]Some of our veterans, who had a lot of spunk and great ideas, seem to have dropped off into never never land. Esacjack, dkfuji, CYoung, etc. where are you?!!!!! QUOTE]

Hey Jack,

I'm still around.

Been thinking about moving up to a 4G6 for awhile now but still love my CB.

It's been interesting watching how far we can push this little bugger.....
cyoung3000 is offline Find More Posts by cyoung3000
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:06 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,856 Posts
Well my flight times have been getting shorter and I haven't been getting much punch out of the motor lately, so I finally broke out the soldering iron and soldered up the micro deans connectors that have been sitting on the shelf for the last couple months. I feared that my batteries were going flat on me, but as soon as I finished with the micro deans and fired up the heli, I realized why people have been making the switch! Seems like I'm getting even more power than when she was brand new! Got it all trimmed out again and the CB100 is flying better than ever!

Can't wait for Jason's skids to show up in the mail!
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:28 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,401 Posts
[QUOTE=cyoung3000;14727493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Some of our veterans, who had a lot of spunk and great ideas, seem to have dropped off into never never land. Esacjack, dkfuji, CYoung, etc. where are you?!!!!! QUOTE]

Hey Jack,

I'm still around.

Been thinking about moving up to a 4G6 for awhile now but still love my CB.

It's been interesting watching how far we can push this little bugger.....
Glad to see you're still at it. Flying season will eventually get here for us Notheasterners, then, the posts will be through the roof! What have you done to yours lately?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Mar 30, 2010, 06:52 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,753 Posts
[QUOTE=kodak_jack;14728219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoung3000 View Post
Glad to see you're still at it. Flying season will eventually get here for us Notheasterners, then, the posts will be through the roof! What have you done to yours lately?
Yep hit 77 today here so getting backyard ready for some flyin.

Hope it helps with learning as I have way more room before I have to bail as supposed to my living room.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:13 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,516 Posts
[QUOTE=eckace1;14733770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post

Yep hit 77 today here so getting backyard ready for some flyin.

Hope it helps with learning as I have way more room before I have to bail as supposed to my living room.
It was 60 here and dead calm all day.. To bad I can't walk without the walker and bend over yet.. Did get a lot of walking in up and down the driveway.. But I'm paying for it now as I sit here.. Every day IO'm a little better at walking and a little less pain. Did some walking this morning using just the cane but I'm really not ready for that yet..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:10 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,753 Posts
[QUOTE=livonia bob;14733956]
Quote:

It was 60 here and dead calm all day.. To bad I can't walk without the walker and bend over yet.. Did get a lot of walking in up and down the driveway.. But I'm paying for it now as I sit here.. Every day IO'm a little better at walking and a little less pain. Did some walking this morning using just the cane but I'm really not ready for that yet..
Hang in there Bob and keep up the therepy ad you'll be back at crashing before you know it.

I would have loved to have taken out the cb today as it was 77 deg but 20mph winds gusting to 30 no way so fired up the wing for an adrenalin rush.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:06 AM
Joined Mar 2010
4 Posts
Just got my new CB100 a day ago and am learning to fly it. Harder than I expected I think but hopefully with practice I'll get it worked out

Anyway, I think I want to get the MIA Tuff Stuff landing gear for it (looks more durable) I have already bent up to the stock landing gear. So if I get the MIA TUFF LG Kit for $18.99 do I need anything else to attach it to my CB100? I basically have a stock CB100 upgraded by wowhobbies with the new motors.

Anything else I need to consider? Thanks!
gatorsactions is offline Find More Posts by gatorsactions
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:33 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
for about $5 you can get 6ft [or more] of.025in music wire [usually available at a hardware store, I got mine from TV] and bend your own l/g. you can make a bunch for cheap. Customize to your taste..wider stance, etc.
Since you're just learning, a set of "training gear might help..don't spend a lot of time or $'s on them. you won't need them for very long.

I've heard good thing of the Tuff Skids...a bit pricey, for my liking.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:43 AM
it was just a bumpy landing...
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsactions View Post
Just got my new CB100 a day ago and am learning to fly it. Harder than I expected I think but hopefully with practice I'll get it worked out

Anyway, I think I want to get the MIA Tuff Stuff landing gear for it (looks more durable) I have already bent up to the stock landing gear. So if I get the MIA TUFF LG Kit for $18.99 do I need anything else to attach it to my CB100? I basically have a stock CB100 upgraded by wowhobbies with the new motors.

Anything else I need to consider? Thanks!
I would try to wait out for another week or so and Jason will be selling sets of the new skids that Tatooface designed. You can check it out over in the cb100 in our hot little hands thread. It will be on the last 20 pages or so. They are definitely alot nicer looking in my opinion over the MIA skids and so far seem very rugged and hard to destroy.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:43 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Hi Guys,
Iam heading out the door now for my last day of work for a few weeks and then when I get home tonight,I will start to make some of the landing gear and skids made for the people that were added to the list about 2 weeks ago.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Apr 01, 2010, 03:36 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
for about $5 you can get 6ft [or more] of.025in music wire [usually available at a hardware store, I got mine from TV] and bend your own l/g. you can make a bunch for cheap. Customize to your taste..wider stance, etc.
Since you're just learning, a set of "training gear might help..don't spend a lot of time or $'s on them. you won't need them for very long.

I've heard good thing of the Tuff Skids...a bit pricey, for my liking.

regards,
Bill
I second what Bill says. It'll cost you all of $3 to buy some music wire and make skids for yourself and the whole neighborhood. Instead of trying to bend one continuous piece, I made front supports, rear supports and two skids and soldered them together. I did this for a Lama 2, but the results should work on this heli too.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 01, 2010, 01:39 PM
Joined Apr 2010
11 Posts
newbie help, tail jitters

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this but have been folowing the forum for a few months and I'd like to thank everyone for their valuable information. The information has been really helpful. I've tried a number of the fixes posted to my problem but my CB100 situation still persists.

Here is my situation:
Cb100 is 6 weeks old. It has never flown very well and I was dissapointed off the bat with it's handling. I got it from Wow and the first take off the bird was all over the place. After a few crashes, and even before, the tail/gyro have been twitching over the place with those little 5 degree constant jitters, and every once and a while the big 20 degree adjustment. The jitters are there at low rpm and get more intense as the rotor speeds up (so I'm guessing vibration issues).

Here's what I've done so far to try and fix :
-replaced tail motor and main with Hp05s(16t pinion)/Hp02t
-upgraded tail to SS with Jason's CF tails
-replaced main blades
-spent a few hours trying to bend/adjust main shaft to see if it wasn't straight
-spent a few hours trying small gyro adjustments (small successes)
-secured the gyro/yellow casing and added felt cushioning under the gyro for vibration
-rubber banded the gyro to the frame
-moved the tail esc between the servos
-reseat the gear (haven't replaced the gear though)
-lubed everything with trifo

What I haven't done :
-replace main shaft
-replace gear
-replace escs or swapped them.
-replaced the gyro

At this point I'm fairly frustrated. I want to love this thing but I seem to have spent most of my time fixing it rather than the pleasure of learning how to fly it.

I send this plea out as I think I have one more try in me before I give up.

Thanks in advance,
David
Steno is offline Find More Posts by Steno